Options

Cheryl Cole Appreciation Thread!

Comments

• Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    "i know some soldiers in here (where they at, where they at)"?? yes i know i am quoting dc, but we all know cheryl loves beyoncé.:p Seriously though, where is everyone??:confused: there are rumours about a performance on bgt at the final and she's confirmed the lead single, yet there isn't a single post about it in here.:blush:

i see that mr nixon is back stirring up his usual nonsense about chezza on the main music forum and he's even managed to last six months on his latest profile.:o i wonder if the 13 stands for his number of bans, i thought he had more previous aliases than that tbh..:D

is anyone excited? does anyone still care? what does anyone think about her collab with tinie tempah? the mirror is reporting that the album will drop in november.:D

I still care, but just can't be bothered posting news all the time like I used too. :p

I'm really excited for the song and I like Tinie so I don't mind a guest rapper.

I don't like that the song is premiered Monday, she has a huge performance the following week, yet the song isn't out for 7 weeks. That's just stupid, I kind of was looking forward to the OA/OS approach that was rumoured.
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I don't understand why all the info is coming out now when the album isn't even coming out until NOVEMBER ffs.

What info? The only official info is about the single which premiers Monday, they are obviously going for two singles then the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh some more official details from Cheryl's website.

The song was written by Wayne Wilkin's, he wrote Fight For This Love and Promise This.

The video premiers June 9th.

And she has worked with Sia, Nicola Roberts and Greg Kurstin. Really excited by all three of them.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I still care, but just can't be bothered posting news all the time like I used too. :p

yes, but where has everyone else gone?!:confused:
    Oh some more official details from Cheryl's website.

The song was written by Wayne Wilkin's, he wrote Fight For This Love and Promise This.

The video premiers June 9th.

And she has worked with Sia, Nicola Roberts and Greg Kurstin. Really excited by all three of them.

great, both worthy lead singles.

me too, is a more mature album on the cards perhaps?:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what do we think of the lead single guys?:D

maybe, its a grower, but i was hooked on "call my name" from the very first listen.:blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I do love it I think the thing people are getting is its not what people were expecting it dosent make it a bad song
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think my problem was its not what I was expecting, to me its feels like a sibling to Under The Sun, and that wasn't particularly successful.

I have listened to it ALOT since the premier and it has definitely grown on me and I do think it will be a success, but she'll definitely need a much stronger single to launch the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just me who was massively disapointed with the BGT performance? I didn't like anything about it, it highlighted how weak the song is, her pre-recorded vocals some how were still bad, and I didn't even like the dancing.

She needs to step it up. And that tattoo is still god damn awful! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #unappreciationisugly.:p

seriously though, the performance was p**s poor and the song is likely to be her lowest selling lead single. still, she has until november to come up with the goods and the video could redeem the song. fingers crossed.:blush:

her true "crazy, stupid, love" is for her tattoos and the back tattoo is indeed horrendous still.:D I am still hopeful for the album though. "a million lights" is by far her album to date and if its as good as that, then i will be happy.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #unappreciationisugly.:p

seriously though, the performance was p**s poor and the song is likely to be her lowest selling lead single. still, she has until november to come up with the goods and the video could redeem the song. fingers crossed.:blush:

her true "crazy, stupid, love" is for her tattoos and the back tattoo is indeed horrendous still.:D I am still hopeful for the album though. "a million lights" is by far her album to date and if its as good as that, then i will be happy.:)

I think the video has redeemed it quite alot!! I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8tS5UQmNQM
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    may have taken me a while BUT i am loving Crazy Stupid Love! and the video is great too very funky :-)

I tend to always like her lead singles :D
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it now as well, I'm still iffy on the sax parts because I don't think they fit but I love the rest of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I like it now as well, I'm still iffy on the sax parts because I don't think they fit but I love the rest of it.

yeah i like the Big Band vibe very refreshing actually :-)

bought my girls aloud box set and got Nicola Roberts CInderalla EYes finally and found the three CHeryl CDs for a good price...not half bad ;-)

really into her all of a sudden....not HARDCORE fan but yeah definitely liking :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brass hooks are very much in at the moment.;-) "talk dirty" perhaps was the first time i noticed the mainstream bringing them back to the forefront and "ariana grande" is set to smash with "problem", so i am not surprised cheryl is getting in on the scene.

the video is not what i expected, i imagined something brighter, but the song is definitely a grower. :D i like the idea that there will be two lead singles, her record company have wasted plenty of material already by holding back single releases.:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    The album is called only human I cant wait for this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do we think the single has a shot at #1? airplay is increasing slowly, top 20 on commercial radio, top 10 on music video channels, #24 overall and b listed on radio 1. i did notice cher lloyd is scheduled to release "sirens" on the same day, but i suspect something random like "magic!'s - rude" might snatch it. that track has done very well in other territories and its also b listed by radio 1 along with charli xcx, which are both also out on the same week. the promotion so far has been dire and way too previous to its release.:( does she have anything else planned?:confused:

and she's dating again?:o this thread and myself are so out so out of the loop.:blush: bad soldiers.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do we think the single has a shot at #1? airplay is increasing slowly, top 20 on commercial radio, top 10 on music video channels, #24 overall and b listed on radio 1. i did notice cher lloyd is scheduled to release "sirens" on the same day, but i suspect something random like "magic!'s - rude" might snatch it. that track has done very well in other territories and its also b listed by radio 1 along with charli xcx, which are both also out on the same week the promotion so far has been dire and way too previous to its release.:( does she have anything else planned?:confused:

and she's dating again?:o this thread and myself are so out so out of the loop.:blush: bad soldiers.:p

Rude has apparently overtook CSL on itunes pre-orders today, so they will prove to be tough competition, though she has had a few weeks of high pre-orders so probably built a decent lead at the minute, but that could easily change.

I don't think its a dead cert number 1, I think it will be tough. As for promo, there isn't anything major on just now and that is maybe why they got her on the big shows early, catch them before they went off.

Apparently Alan Carr has a special on or around the 20th so I'd imagine they would try and get her on there, its a shame she or her management feel she is too big to do a show like This Morning, they really can help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rude has apparently overtook CSL on itunes pre-orders today, so they will prove to be tough competition, though she has had a few weeks of high pre-orders so probably built a decent lead at the minute, but that could easily change.

I don't think its a dead cert number 1, I think it will be tough. As for promo, there isn't anything major on just now and that is maybe why they got her on the big shows early, catch them before they went off.

Apparently Alan Carr has a special on or around the 20th so I'd imagine they would try and get her on there, its a shame she or her management feel she is too big to do a show like This Morning, they really can help.

of course, she has judging commitments on x factor going on right now, but she should be doing way more. she was on that breakfast show plugging her book a while back, so i don't think she thinks she's above daytime tv, but its all down to timing i guess.

its messed up really, but hopefully, there is other promotion in place. if not, well, perhaps the song isn't good enough and the next single will be better.;-) neither of the artists on this weeks #1 single in the uk have done an ounce of uk promotion, but the song just was meant to smash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you make of Cheryl getting secretly married last week? Bloomin heck I never saw that coming!!

Good luck to them, hope it works out for her. Pretty amazing the press never found out until a week later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dave you beat me to it.:p

will she now rename herself as cheryl fernandez-versini or still stick with cole?:confused: ashley must be gutted, i always imagined them getting back together eventually, but perhaps she's finally over him.

its funny, because i was reading on wiki the other day about 4music observing how happy she looks in the video, compared to other solo videos. she does have a certain glow about her, smiling a lot and her cheeky winks are very reminiscent of ga videos.

of course, everybody will no doubt say this is a publicity stunt to peddle her latest single, but i wish her well. she may be the richest member of ga with endorsements, an x factor judging role and a fairly successful solo career, but i get the impression she want kids and a happy marriage above anything else.

its still a shock though, he really must have quickly swept her off her feet.:o fingers crossed she is luckier second time around.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear, the usual suspects couldn't wait to stick the boot in on the biz forum could they?:D I just glazed my eyes over page 7 and the thread is still going strong...:D the grande comparison cracked me up, its like comparing britney and mariah's singing/dancing talents at their peak.:confused: not that it is of course relevant to that thread in any way..... best let it drag on until katie price dominates the discussion there methinks.:p

her last campaign just used "cheryl" as her name, but i see that the "cole" is back on the single cover.:blush: i just hope this ones a keeper for her sake and her finances.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear, the usual suspects couldn't wait to stick the boot in on the biz forum could they?:D I just glazed my eyes over page 7 and the thread is still going strong...:D the grande comparison cracked me up, its like comparing britney and mariah's singing/dancing talents at their peak.:confused: not that it is of course relevant to that thread in any way..... best let it drag on until katie price dominates the discussion there methinks.:p

her last campaign just used "cheryl" as her name, but i see that the "cole" is back on the single cover.:blush: i just hope this ones a keeper for her sake and her finances.:o

Yeah, I don't even know why I am in their, I have been so good and stopped posting in there, what must be about a year ago. :o

Well according to The Mirror she wants to be known as Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and is going to tell the X Factor producers this, though I assume they are just guessing. They also said they have been dating Six months as opposed to three, but have known each other from years ago. So maybe she hasn't just jumped into marriage as it seemed with someone she has only known three months.

But as I said in another thread, its probably easiers to rebrand her with that surname than it was to drop the Cole like they did a couple years ago. It was weird when she just dropped the Cole after years of keeping it, now she is married again it makes sense and because she is back on X Factor, Peter Dickson is literally going to be shouting her name every weekend for three months to a massive audience, the name change would sink in eventually I think.

It may be on the single cover, but that was probably because she was just dating him, since the announcement she has changed her twitter name to just @CherylOfficial and dropped the Cole.

And hopefully it works out for her, apparently he is very successful too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I don't even know why I am in their, I have been so good and stopped posting in there, what must be about a year ago. :o

Well according to The Mirror she wants to be known as Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and is going to tell the X Factor producers this, though I assume they are just guessing. They also said they have been dating Six months as opposed to three, but have known each other from years ago. So maybe she hasn't just jumped into marriage as it seemed with someone she has only known three months.

But as I said in another thread, its probably easiers to rebrand her with that surname than it was to drop the Cole like they did a couple years ago. It was weird when she just dropped the Cole after years of keeping it, now she is married again it makes sense and because she is back on X Factor, Peter Dickson is literally going to be shouting her name every weekend for three months to a massive audience, the name change would sink in eventually I think.

It may be on the single cover, but that was probably because she was just dating him, since the announcement she has changed her twitter name to just @CherylOfficial and dropped the Cole.

And hopefully it works out for her, apparently he is very successful too.

the biz forum just love to hate. i cant even be bothered to read it half the time, because its the same old names moaning about the same celebrities. even the "toilet attendant incident" has been brought back up, talk about 6 degrees of separation.:D then there's the inevitable "jealously" accusations, which are strenuously denied by everyone making negative comments and it just seems so futile on both sides. its quite sad really, the time people waste on such trivialities and pettiness.:D i did see one or two of your posts, but at least the comments were constructive.;-)

I am a bit doubtful about how long she has known him, because nicola's tweet suggests otherwise. there are all sorts of rumours/coverage around the marriage, but i am just going to stick with what official sources say like nicola, her dad and what her step father said, ouch.:D

ds are now saying they have an "exclusive" on this story, but the reports came out shortly before she officially confirmed. so considering the time the reports surfaced, i doubt there was a team over at x factor wondering whether this was a prank.:D again another story with a x factor source providing a non story.:D

having said that, the whole thing is good publicity for the show and her single.:blush:
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,173
    Forum Member
    she is a grown woman and can do whatever she likes...she seems very happy... good for her ... she has been through a lot of crap and deserves happiness, which it seems she has found... I am also glad that she is changing her surname ...

ps - magic! rude song is an epic pop summer hit and will be very tough competition ......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is a grown woman and can do whatever she likes...she seems very happy... good for her ... she has been through a lot of crap and deserves happiness, which it seems she has found... I am also glad that she is changing her surname ...

ps - magic! rude song is an epic pop summer hit and will be very tough competition ......

I know, I love that song and wouldn't be surprised if they beat her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    magic! rude is going wipe the floor with her, but what does she and her team honestly expect? i know she's technically on her "honeymoon", but the buzz surrounding that wedding bombshell isn't going fend off strong competition. she has airplay, video rotation, but she needs to promoting the single too.:blush: