Options

Strictly - Back To The Ballroom! - Series Three

Comments

• Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    The next two celebrities joining Kate, Charlie and Siva on the dancefloor will be...

FEARNE COTTON

TIM WONNACOTT

Radio and TV presenter Fearne, 32, told the BBC, “I’m looking forward to the challenge of it. Learning a new skill certainly isn’t easy, but doing it in front of millions of people must be harder!” Meanwhile, antiques expert and television presenter Tim, 61, said, “I don’t expect to be very good. All I want to do is improve, and hopefully not be out first!”

Clue (Celebrity #7): Will she be letting loose on the dancefloor?

Tim Wonnacott? Oh Oh! :D
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He now works alongside Naga Munchetty!:D

Oh :blush: Shows the extent of my breakfast TV knowledge :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See you all at 8.00 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20 minutes until show time :D
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this very much, Stuart. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this very much, Stuart. :)

Thanks Jamie, hope you enjoy the show :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to Strictly Come Dancing's first live show! Tonight our fourteen couples will take to the floor for the first time, hoping to impress our judges and you at home. Without further ado, let's meet the stars of our show...

Singing sensation Amy Macdonald and her dance partner Kevin Clifton!
    Newsreader Charlie Stayt and his dance partner Flavia Cacace!
    Radio and television presenter Fearne Cotton and her dance partner Pasha Kovalev!
    From EastEnders, Sam Strike and his dance partner Ola Jordan!
    Journalist and Loose Women panellist Jane Moore and her dance partner Ian Waite!
    Comedian and actor Faizon Love and his dance partner Kristina Rhianoff!
    Artist Tracey Emin and her dance partner Brendan Cole!
    Auctioneer and antiques expert Tim Wonnacott and his dance partner Aliona Vilani!
    Former child actress Julie Dawn Cole and her dance partner Vincent Simone!
    Tennis ace Boris Becker and his dance partner Katya Virshilas!
    Comedienne and presenter Mel Giedroyc and her dance partner Robin Windsor!
    The Wanted singer Siva Kaneswaran and his dance partner Iveta Lukosiute!
    From Coronation Street, Kate Ford and her dance partner James Jordan!
    And finally, cricket legend Andrew Flintoff and his dance partner Natalie Lowe!

First up tonight we have Fearne and Pasha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fearne & Pasha

Training:
    For their first dance, Fearne and Pasha will be dancing the Cha Cha Cha. Pasha tells us “the Cha Cha is a good place to start. It’s not too fast, but not too slow, and the basic steps are pretty easy to pick up. It’s also a party dance, and as you can probably tell, Fearne is quite the party girl. This dance is perfect for her.”

Dance: Cha Cha Cha - Charlotte Church - Crazy Chick

Craig: I must say, I quite liked that. It was in time, it was full of some difficult Cha Cha steps and you presented it well. One thing I will say though is that you need to fully extend your lines, otherwise it does look unfinished. But for a first dance, it shows a lot of promise.

Darcey: That was nice, girl! You had so much rhythm in you, I really didn’t think you were going to stop! Craig is right though - you need to work on finishing off the lines. But otherwise, fantastic!

Len: Wowee! What a way to kick off the series. You came out here all guns blazing and you were not going to let Pasha have you! You owned that Cha Cha girl, and if you ask me, you owned that dancefloor and it’s going to be hard for anyone to take it off you!

Bruno: My oh my Fearne, that was one spicy dance! All the basic moves were done to perfection! Pasha, that was brilliantly choreographed. I did notice a tiny little stumble over at the corner, but let’s just blame that on Pasha. Amazing!

Scores:
    Craig - 7
    Darcey - 7
    Len - 8
    Bruno - 7

Total - 29/40

"Wow, I'm so pleased with those scores!" Fearne informs Claudia.

Next up are Faizon and Kristina!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faizon & Kristina

Training:
    Faizon and Kristina will be dancing the Waltz this week. Faizon feels nervous about dancing in front of the judges, saying “I know they can be quite scary, so it’s going to be daunting. I just hope they aren’t too harsh, especially Craig! Doing a slow dance probably won’t help though!”

Dance: Waltz - Michael Buble - Can't Help Falling In Love

Craig: Lumpy, frumpy, made me feel quite grumpy. You made quite a big mistake on the first turn, which, I feel, threw you off the rest of the dance. It was also quite dull and forgettable to be honest.

Darcey: Craig, don’t be so nasty! I quite enjoyed it actually. It was sweet and lovely. Yes, there were quite a few errors, but it’s only your first dance so I’ll forgive you for those. Just try harder next week.

Len: Well, it wasn’t outstanding, but it wasn’t awful. I don’t really know what Craig’s on about - your turns were actually okay. It just needs a bit more personality and it needs to be smoother overall.

Bruno: If I’m being honest Faizon, I did think it was going to be much worse, so in that respect, you’ve impressed me. I think you will probably be better at Ballroom than Latin, so you do have to try and pick it up from here.

Scores:
    Craig - 4
    Darcey - 5
    Len - 5
    Bruno - 5

Total - 19/40

"Not the best, but I bet you not the worst!" Claudia reassures Faizon.

Charlie and Flavia will be dancing now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie & Flavia

Training:
    This week Charlie and Flavia will be dancing a Cha Cha Cha. Flavia thinks Charlie is progressing well, stating “Charlie’s getting on fine. I think he’s eager to get stuck in which is great. I just hope all his energy is focussed on getting the steps right though!”

Dance: Cha Cha Cha - Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough

Craig: Err… I’m not too sure what to say. Your bum was sticking out like a sore thumb, some of your New Yorks were out of time and the attitude was just a little too much for me.

Darcey: Well, Charlie, it was a lot of fun to watch. You brought a bit of personality and life to the dance, which is what made it so enjoyable. Next time you have a Latin, please do exactly what you did today. You impressed me.

Len: Charlie, I tell you something… I really enjoyed it. You came out here with no dance experience whatsoever and showed us what good a few days training can do. You’ve gone up in my expectations after that.

Bruno: I wasn’t quite expecting that! I thought you’d be plodding around behind Flavia for the whole dance! Although it was a lot better than I thought it’d be, it did look a bit awkward. But, well done - I just hope it wasn’t a fluke though!

Scores:
    Craig - 5
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 6

Total - 24/40

"I'm quite pleased with that actually!" Charlie tells Flavia.

Dancing now will be Kate and James!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate & James

Training:
    For their first dance, Kate and James will be dancing the Waltz. Kate is enjoying training, saying “it’s so much fun dancing with James. I love learning how to do the Waltz, and I’m so excited for everybody at home and the judges to see our routine. Hopefully all goes well!”

Dance: Waltz - Whitney Houston - You Light Up My Life

Craig: The footwork could have been crisper and your top line could have been more straight. But, other than that, it was lovely to watch and I think you could be the dark horse of this competition.

Darcey: Aw Kate that was really pretty! The chemistry between you and James is undeniable, so sweet. If you fix your top line, you really could go far in this competition.

Len: Well Kate, that was really nice actually. You had me gripped from the get go and I couldn’t take my eyes off you. Your footwork was sloppy at times, but with a bit more practice, you could be a fantastic dancer.

Bruno: I really think your acting skills helped you out here. You played the part of the damsel in distress come diva perfectly! I think you’re going to be an interesting one to watch progress throughout the series.

Scores:
    Craig - 6
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 6
    Bruno - 6

Total - 24/40

"Would Deirdre be proud of you?" Claudia asks Kate.

Boris and Katya are dancing next!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boris & Katya

Training:
    This week, Boris and Katya are dancing the Cha Cha Cha to Michael Jackson’s song PYT. Katya feels nervous for Boris, saying “he’ll find it hard, dancing in front of a large audience. I have faith in him, but I just hope he concentrates and tries his best.”

Dance: Cha Cha Cha - Michael Jackson - P.Y.T.

Craig: Your knees were bent throughout, your hands were making hideous shapes, you were out of time, your face was making some ghastly expressions and your footwork was atrocious. All in all it was a dance disaster, unfortunately.

Darcey: It was a bit of a… shaky performance. It could have been crisper and more defined, but I think you enjoyed yourself. I really hope you go away and really work on building up your confidence, because your dancing will look so much better.

Len: It’s all very well for Craig to go and list all of the faults in a dance without actually taking into account the positives. You came out here and gave it all you’ve got. You’re not a professional dancer, so you’re bound to make a mistake. I applaud you for giving it a go.

Bruno: Oh my Boris, that was funny! If I’m honest, it was so bad that it was actually good. I was willing you to do well all the way through that, but it just didn’t happen I’m afraid.

Scores:
    Craig - 2
    Darcey - 5
    Len - 6
    Bruno - 3

Total - 16/40

"Ouch!" Katya squeals when Craig reveals his score.

Taking to the floor are Mel and Robin!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel & Robin

Training:
    Dancing the Waltz for their first dance are Mel and Robin. Mel is ecstatic at the thought of learning to dance, telling us “I can’t wait to get out there and show my moves. Our Waltz is going to be sweet, and will hopefully move quite a few people!”

Dance: Waltz - Journey - Open Arms

Craig: I found it a tad boring to be honest. There wasn’t any real emotion from you, and it seemed like you were dancing by numbers. Your frame could have looked, from our point of view, better as well.

Darcey: I think, at times, you were gripping onto Robin so much that it looked like you were behind him. Instead of gripping him, you should be gently holding onto him. It just didn’t look right.

Len: That was a moving dance, Mel. I think your posture and hold could have been better, but it’s week one… what am I to expect from you? Don’t beat yourself up about it because you will get better my love.

Bruno: As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree with Craig. Your performance value wasn’t too great, and your frame was a bit off. I know what you’re like, and I know you want to do well, so please go away and take on board what we’ve said.

Scores:
    Craig - 5
    Darcey - 5
    Len - 6
    Bruno - 5

Total - 21/40

Mel shrugs whilst the scores are announced.

Jane and Ian are dancing next!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane & Ian

Training:
    This week, Jane and Ian will be dancing a Cha Cha Cha. Jane reveals she has a lot of support from her fellow Loose Women, saying “oh yes, they’re all egging me on to do well. Kaye, in particular, is giddy about it and Colleen and Nadia are coming down to see our first dance, so it’s going to be exciting!”

Dance: Cha Cha Cha - Little Boots - Remedy

Craig: There’s no denying you put your all into that, but it looked really awkward. It felt like you’d flown out to Ibiza for a hen party and you went out clubbing with your nieces. It was all a bit mumsy for me.

Darcey: Oh Jane, don’t listen to him - if you’ve got it, flaunt it! You put a hundred percent into that, and you can totally tell you had fun. I think all of us girls enjoyed that with you. You go girl!

Len: Wow, Jane! That was entertaining! Not only did you dance for us, you put on a show for us, and a fun one that! Please come back next week and give us that again.

Bruno: You should be proud of yourself, honey. You showed that you don’t have to be a certain age to dance well and have fun. Craig probably won’t like it, but who gives a stuff, because we all did!

Scores:
    Craig - 4
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 6

Total - 23/40

Jane gives a thumbs up to Nadia and Colleen, who are very happy.

Taking to the floor next will be Andrew and Natalie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew & Natalie

Training:
    For their first dance, Andrew and Natalie will be dancing the Waltz. Andrew is initially nervous, saying “I can’t believe I’m going to have to dance in front of all those people. It’s going to be absolutely terrifying!”

Dance: Waltz - Sara Bareilles - Bluebird

Craig: Your posture was atrocious during that. Your thumb also stuck out, ironically, like a sore thumb. You also managed to show no facial expressions at all. It was very vanilla.

Darcey: It may have been vanilla, Craig, but it was a very delicious vanilla! Andrew, you have the potential and the promise, but it just needs that sizzle. If you bring us that, you will have the perfect package.

Len: I always say that dancing isn’t easy for big guys like you. Dancing is like learning a foreign language, and I think right now you’re learning the foundations of it. It will all come together with time.

Bruno: Oh my, Darcey isn’t lying about calling it delicious! I thought it was absolutely gorgeous. Although you could have been a bit more facial, and shown more emotions, I liked it a lot.

Scores:
    Craig - 4
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 6
    Bruno - 6

Total - 22/40

"I wonder why Craig always has the hump!" Claudia says.

Tim and Aliona are up next!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim & Aliona

Training:
    Dancing the Cha Cha Cha this week are Tim and Aliona. Aliona doesn’t think Tim is feeling the pressure, as she tells us “Tim isn’t nervous at all. He is realistic and knows he isn’t going to be brilliant, but is still going to give it all he’s got”

Dance: Cha Cha Cha - Tom Jones - She's A Lady

Craig: I’m not quite sure what to say. I’m going to give you an extra mark just for making me laugh when you very almost fell over. Otherwise, it was unremarkable, unlikeable and un-rewardable.

Darcey: Surprisingly Tim, you looked very calm during that. You managed to keep in time quite a lot through it, but you could have looked a little more sure of yourself with your moves.

Len: Tim, you are the epitomy of Strictly. You are a complete novice, giving it a go and having a laugh. If I’m honest, I don’t think you’ll be on here for too long, but I’m going to enjoy you whilst you last.

Bruno: Too right Len! No, it was very funny and a great laugh, but it really wasn’t good at all. You were in time, but you just didn’t get it right, unfortunately. I like you a lot, and well done for giving it a go, but let’s be honest.

Scores:
    Craig - 3
    Darcey - 5
    Len - 5
    Bruno - 5

Total - 18/40

"I enjoyed that!" Tim says, after almost fainting.

Julie and Vincent will now be dancing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julie & Vincent

Training:
    This week, Julie and Vincent will be doing the Waltz. Vincent thinks the Waltz is a good dance to start with, telling us “it’s a great place to start. It’s slow, so it can be good to build up with speed. I hope this is an advantage to Julie.”

Dance: Waltz - Dinah Washington - Fly Me To The Moon

Craig: You did lift your feet up on occasion, but it was nice and sweet. I didn’t think you’d be as good as you were so you have surprised me. You could go quite far, Julie.

Darcey: Wow Julie, I wasn’t expecting that. I tell you something, for an older woman, you were amazing. One thing I would say is that please make sure you don’t lift your feet, and you will be up there in the top three.

Len: Julie, what a bombshell you’ve dropped on us tonight! Who knew you’d be one of the best of the night? That was one elegant Waltz, and quite frankly, I can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

Bruno: Oh Julie, it’d be my pleasure to fly you to the moon. Stylistically, you suit the Waltz like chips do salt. So classy, so elegant, so flowing, so beautiful and such a good dancer.

Scores:
    Craig - 7
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 7

Total - 27/40

The Claud-pit boo when Darcey reveals her score.

Sam and Ola are up next!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam & Ola

Training:
    Sam and Ola will be dancing the Cha Cha Cha for their first dance. Sam feels excited about the dance, telling us “we have a fantastic song to dance to, which makes me and Ola even more excited to get out there. We hope the viewers and judges like it too!”

Dance: Cha Cha Cha - Clean Bandit - Rather Be

Craig: Your hip action did look a bit like the school disco, but your solo and pair dancing was fantastic. You also showed the right amount of fun and enjoyment in your face without it being too OTT.

Darcey: That was quite a unique song choice, but it worked well for you. Your New Yorks were fantastic for the first time, and you worked fantastically well with the tempo changes. Well done you two!

Len: You two are just adorable together! Considering this is your first dance, it was almost perfect. The others are right - your hip action could have been cleaner, but that dance was amazing otherwise.

Bruno: That isn’t an easy song to dance to, so you have done well. Well done Ola for choreographing such a good first dance for Sam. Sam, work on the hip action love, because it did look a bit dodgy.

Scores:
    Craig - 6
    Darcey - 7
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 7

Total - 27/40

"That's a great score! I'm pleased with that!" Ola exclaims.

Having a shot now are Amy and Kevin!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy & Kevin

Training:
    Waltzing for their first dance this week are Amy and Kevin. Amy doesn’t think her musical experience will be helpful to her tonight, telling us “I don’t think it will help me at all. I know I can’t dance, and tonight I’m going to prove that to ten million people!”

Dance: Waltz - Duffy - Syrup And Honey

Craig: There were times during that when I thought you were going to faint. You were so terrified that it distracted me from the dance slightly, which is a great shame. But it was nice and pretty.

Darcey: I think this song suits you so well. Before you go on to dance, just take yourself away from the situation and breathe. You need to be calm during your dances because - Craig’s right - it can distract you and us.

Len: Amy, love, there’s no need to look so petrified! You can dance well and you’ve showed us that. Please get rid of those nerves because it can make your dancing look so much more polished and professional.

Bruno: Oh Amy, I liked that. It was nice, sweet and a little bit retro. I’m so glad you’ve got Kevin, because he’s going to look after you and make sure you improve week in and week out.

Scores:
    Craig - 6
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 7

Total - 26/40

"It's a good score. There's room for improvement" Kevin tells Claudia.

Our penultimate couple tonight is Tracey and Brendan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tracey & Brendan

Training:
    Cha Cha Cha-ing for their dance debut tonight will be Tracey and Brendan. Tracey feels very excited to start dancing, and doesn’t care how people judge or view her. She says “I’m not going to take notice of the negatives. I’m here to have fun and for no other reason, so I’m going to do just that.”

Dance: Cha Cha Cha - Lily Allen - Hard Out Here

Craig: That was a complete mess. If Jane’s was mumsy, this was great aunt-sie. It was awful to the point I had to cover my eyes. The song choice didn’t help at all, either.

Darcey: Craig, stop being so nasty tonight! I thought it was different and unique. Although perhaps not all in a good way, you showed your creative artistic side in it, and Brendan did a good job with the choreography.

Len: Well Tracey, you certainly had a ball, didn’t you? That’s the main thing. You said in your VT that you were only here for a bit of fun, and I’m glad. We all had fun with you!

Bruno: I find it quite hard to understand why you decided to dance to that particular song. I know you’re only here for a bit of fun, but it could have been so much better. I think you have potential my love.

Scores:
    Craig - 2
    Darcey - 5
    Len - 5
    Bruno - 3

Total - 15/40

The audience "eeks" during the scores.

And finally tonight we have Siva and Iveta!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Siva & Iveta

Training:
    Siva and Iveta will be dancing the Waltz as their first dance. Iveta feels a mixture of emotions, saying “the first dance is always the hardest. Once we’re past it, we’ll be fine. I’m feeling excited and nervous, but I know Siva will do well.”

Dance: Waltz - David Gray - This Year’s Love

Craig: For your first dance, you should be very happy. It was elegant, smooth, sweet and crisp. I can’t wait to see what your next Ballroom offering will give us.

Darcey: Oh my Siva, you had me sweating for a minute! That was absolutely gorgeous. I just can’t fault it. Please come back and dance this magically next time.

Len: Well, as you can probably tell, I’m a traditional Ballroom lad, and I do love a good Waltz. That was one of, if not the, best first Waltz I have ever seen on Strictly Come Dancing. Well done lad!

Bruno: Oh Siva you dazzled me with your Irish charm tonight. That was amazing. I just can’t say anything else - I’m speechless.

Scores:
    Craig - 7
    Darcey - 8
    Len - 8
    Bruno - 8

Total - 31/40

Iveta begins to cry at the end of the dance and after the scores reveal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the leaderboard this week is as follows:

1 Siva Kaneswaran & Iveta Luksoiute - 31
    2 Fearne Cotton & Pasha Kovalev - 29
    3 Julie Dawn Cole & Vincent Simone - 27
    = Sam Strike & Ola Jordan - 27
    5 Amy Macdonald & Kevin Clifton - 26
    6 Charlie Stayt & Flavia Cacace - 24
    = Kate Ford & James Jordan - 24
    8 Jane Moore & Ian Waite - 23
    9 Andrew Flintoff & Natalie Lowe - 22
    10 Mel Giedroyc & Robin Windsor - 21
    11 Faizon Love & Kristina Rhianoff - 19
    12 Tim Wonnacott & Aliona Vilani - 18
    13 Boris Becker & Katya Virshilas - 16
    14 Tracey Emin & Brendan Cole - 15

But remember there is no elimination this week - all our couples will return next week with another dance. Their scores will be added together and you will then be able to vote. The couple with the lowest combined total will be the first to leave Strictly Come Dancing. Please join us next week at 5.00pm.

Until then, keeeeep dancing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Updates on odds, new polls etc. will be posted tomorrow :)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Missed this last night, but great first show. :)