Options

How dark is the Dean/Linda storyline going to go?

Comments

• Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I would be interested to see them go down the 'obsession' route, but, I hope the eventual outcome isn't rape.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Those scenes tonight were very creepy. Poor Linda.

I'm a bit surprised she didn't say anything afterwards. She just made a face when he did what he did but didn't confront him over it or tell Mick. Mind you, sometimes young guys do do silly things like that so unless anything else happens, she may think it was a one off.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what she should have done was laughed loudly, slapped his hand away and said "oi, cheeky" when he did it
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    what she should have done was laughed loudly, slapped his hand away and said "oi, cheeky" when he did it

That isn't telling him she didn't like i in fact its almost encouraging him.
    I hope she isnt raped &pregnant with his baby but i see it going this way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    I hope they don't go down the rape route. I think it would be too dark and kinda predictable.
    Its DS readers who are so predicable, and should expand their thinking for a change, e.g. Linda may find it flattering to be groped by someone younger & may even fancy being his `squeeze
    :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    Its DS readers who are so predicable, and should expand their thinking for a change, e.g. Linda may find it flattering to be groped by someone younger & may even fancy being his `squeeze
    :p

Are you trolling?
    Sorry its too early to work out if this comment was idiosy or irony.
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it isn't rape because it will ruin Deans character and I'd like him to stay for more than a year. I do think the obsession route is a clever one and gives more depth to Dean. One possibility I was thinking of is that Linda gets attacked and people blame Dean for it, whereas it's actually related to Lucy's death . Possibly Linda discovers something and is beaten into a coma.! That would divide the Carter family into those who believe Dean did it and those supporting him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in an earlier thread;
    It could be just going to a mental health storyline. I remember at school, a girl seemingly getting obsessed with a female teacher - nothing sexual or anything - just she said she felt closer to this teacher then her mother and regarded her as an 'aunt.' and she later grew out of it... However, with Dean it seems quite sexual so stalker storyline? Obsession storyline? Rape storyline?
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I really hope not. If Matt's not back for good then possibly, but if he's staying, and giving longevity to the character, it could possibly be attempted rape or him kissing Linda - something so Dean could come back from it.

It would not be possible for a character to 'come back' from attempted rape. That is an evil act and he would be (justifiably) hated for it by normal EE viewers.
    At the beginning DTC has said that he wouldn't shy away from dark storylines though. If this happens, Dean can't be used as a throw away character - they are writing him so we are invested in him. He's not like Trevor where we weren't supposed to like him from the start. This is going to be very interesting.

Yeh that could definitely happen.

Well, he hasn't done anything yet to show a good side of his character to me. All I see in him is his dark side. To be honest, I hate his character and would like him to leave.

Why do you like him so much?
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why couldn't he have have grabbed Peter's bottom like that?

:cry:

DTC is the worst gay executive producer in history.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    It would not be possible for a character to 'come back' from attempted rape. That is an evil act and he would be (justifiably) hated for it by normal EE viewers.

Well, he hasn't done anything yet to show a good side of his character to me. All I see in him is his dark side. To be honest, I hate his character and would like him to leave.

Why do you like him so much?

I've always loved Dean. A lot of that comes from his previous stint - did you watch that? I can see why people may not have a great view of him just from the past 3 months. Attempted rape could allow for Dean to 'come back' somehow as it depends how far it goes. It all depends on what happens.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Why couldn't he have have grabbed Peter's bottom like that?

:cry:

DTC is the worst gay executive producer in history.

:D Haha I thought Billy would when he was lurking in the market!
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    That isn't telling him she didn't like i in fact its almost encouraging him.
    I hope she isnt raped &pregnant with his baby but i see it going this way.

Blimey, that's a big leap, isn't it ? He only squeezed her bottom.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Linda even more than Dean does... :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, that's a big leap, isn't it ? He only squeezed her bottom.

Lol this is Eastenders we're talking about.
  • Options
    Al_StackAl_Stack Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    The the only sensible thing to happen is that Dean should get it on with Johnny. Maybe on a new late night edition of EE
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the only storyline I am interested on EE at the moment but I don't think it will go as far as him raping her. EE has had far too much of that in the past, imo.

It's an interesting storyline for sure. Dean is really creeping me out.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I would be interested in seeing a mental health story-line with Dean, it's possible that his infatuation is only a minor part of a larger story about his mental health rather than it turning into a rape/abuse s/l, I hope. Mainly because I was kind of hoping that he would eventually sort things out with Shirley and become part of the family..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

Billy might be a daft sod but you can't blame him for that!
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I would be interested in seeing a mental health story-line with Dean, it's possible that his infatuation is only a minor part of a larger story about his mental health rather than it turning into a rape/abuse s/l, I hope. Mainly because I was kind of hoping that he would eventually sort things out with Shirley and become part of the family..

I'd like that too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

I think Mr and Mrs Spank will have to pay a short sharp trip to botty land- or a long one if it's anything to do with me. I want Dean's bottom to be purple after the punishment I've given him for being such a naughty boy- fancy doing that to Linda, it's disgraceful.

He needs good old fashioned manners instilled to combat his wayward soul!
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think going down a dark path then a affair path will be much better. I hope it does go down a really dark obsession path leading to Dean stalking, blackmailing and becoming unhinged. Obviously not a direct copy but with some elements of the Sienna/Darren/Nancy SL from HO. But deffo not a direct copy but some elements of Sienna in Dean but make him more unstable. Maybe some inching could have happened to him in prison and when he got out to make him like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1.)He''ll either do something really bad like rape or beat her. Remember he said the girl he loved cheated on him so he shaved her head. He loves Linda and she is with Mick so he may began to abuse her.

2.) He'll try to kill Mick by shooting him or crashing with him in the car (may go wrong and kill Dean himself)

3.) He'll be found out before he does something and get his bits kicked in by Mick or someone

Mick would string Dean up, if he ever found out that he'd abused / beaten / raped his wife "Ell" - even though there relationship seems strained at times - it would make no difference, he'd lynch him.

Any man would if that happened to their wife, no man would stand for any of that rubbish.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should have slapped his face for the arse grope
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dean is now off screen for 6 episodes.....do we think he'll be keeping clear of the Vic?!