Options

What do you think of neighbours who leave their pegs on the line?

Comments

• Options
    littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I leave the pegs out. I couldn't care less what the neighbours do and I'd have to strain to look over a very high fence to see.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steveaki13 wrote: »
    I have to say this is one of the best thread titles I have seen in ages. :D

To be honest though I agree, It strikes me as lazy. I always bring them in when washing is finished drying.

Also Plastic pegs which are most common these days go brittle and don't last half as long if left out.

I still have some old wooden clip pegs and wooden dolly pegs left from my grandmother which have hung around a couple of generations and they last brilliantly.

Anyone remember dolly pegs? :)

Me - I am that old :cry:
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rufusrain wrote: »
    I must admit I think lazy.

Plus it's a bit of an eye sore so why not just bring them in with your washing instead of leaving them out for all and sundry to see.

They're probably the same outrageous people who dare to take their own shopping bags when shopping! Disgraceful, vile and I'm outraged >:(

:D
  • Options
    spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plus it's a bit of an eye sore so why not just bring them in with your washing instead of leaving them out for all and sundry to see.

Are you serious with this thread? My god, with all that's going on in the world I hope this thread is a joke. If it isn't then it should be.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're my fetish! :o
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will get wet, grow black mold on them... and when you use them next time, they will stain clothes.

They will also deteriorate in the sun and other weather - and not last as long. ;-):)
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    I think "As soon as those metal springs begin to rust, those folks are going to get reddish ooze all over their clothes"

Mine are 100% plastic and don't rust or go mouldy. They do start to fade a little after too long in the sun and stop being quite so snazzy!
    Has anyone ever washed a washing line? I always leave my pegs out anyway. The line is a handy place to store them, and there they are, all eager and willing, the next time I have some washing. Every couple of years, I lose a few because the sun has perished the plastic. With a Tamara-Ecclestone-like disregard for money, I go and buy some new ones.

I don' t really mind what my neighbours keep in their garden as long as it is not something like a dead horse.

:D:D:D Are other dead livestock acceptable?
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    Me - I am that old :cry:

So am I :cry::cry:
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're awesome. People who leave their pegs on the line are truly blessed among men.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    They're my fetish! :o

I was expecting them to have faces and little dresses, kinda embarrassed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    I was expecting them to have faces and little dresses, kinda embarrassed

Daft divil, although............................I could be tempted :o
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,264
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Do you think there's a forum out there where a member started a thread asking "does anybody else's son not have a life?"

If you have seen some the other totally pointless threads that he has concocted, you might start to believe like me that he is composing them in nursery school. ;-)
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope everybody who uses different coloured plastic pegs remembers to use only one colour peg at a time when they hang up their washing so there are blocks of colour on the washing line & it looks aesthetically pleasing , other wise what will the neighbours thing ? :o

( I do know people who put their pegs in blocks of colour for that reason :D )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

I actually have a life, so don't spend time staring out of the window at my neighbours washing line.

You must be fun at parties with all the petty little things you constantly fret over. :)
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I could, I would use the washing line to bind their hands and legs together, strategically attach said pegs to their most vulnerable areas, stick a still slightly damp sock in their mouths, and then shout abuse at them for several minutes until they see the error of their ways. Or the police arrive, whichever comes sooner.

But I can't because of all these PC lefty pinko do gooders who would whine that such actions were "extreme" or " unacceptable" or "a tad OTT all things considered." Pah.

:kitty:
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    OP whats you take on people peering into gardens that aren't their own?
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Clearly these people should be rounded up and taken to work in the mines ..

I'm just going to find my Davy lamp in the loft and I'll be off to the mines in the morning...:(
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Seriously. That is an issue for you. First world problem there for sure.

You should live where I do and then it wouldn't be an issue. I worry more about the amount of litter and fly tipping which goes on around here, amongst other things.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're scum. If they are leaving pegs on the washing line you just know they are leaving pubes in the shower and skid marks in the toilet.
    Lazy, bone idle pondlife.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    They're scum. If they are leaving pegs on the washing line you just know they are leaving pubes in the shower and skid marks in the toilet.
    Lazy, bone idle pondlife.

Oh, I do - the pubes in the shower are almost a foot deep now, and my toilet is no longer useable - I've dug myself an outdoor one now as the skid marks don't show there...

Quite handy that my pegs are on the line though, cos I can just collect one on the way past to put on my nose to mask the smell! :D
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always take the pegs off the washing line and leave them inside the fridge or scrap car lying in the back garden.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Seriously. That is an issue for you. First world problem there for sure.

You should live where I do and then it wouldn't be an issue. I worry more about the amount of litter and fly tipping which goes on around here, amongst other things.

But if people leave their pegs out, it makes the fly tipping and litter look even worse.
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    I do hope everybody who uses different coloured plastic pegs remembers to use only one colour peg at a time when they hang up their washing so there are blocks of colour on the washing line & it looks aesthetically pleasing , other wise what will the neighbours thing ? :o

( I do know people who put their pegs in blocks of colour for that reason :D )
    Whats sort of weirdo does this (that would be me) :blush::blush: tbf I don't block colour just use the same colour on each item.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I've ever had stains on clothes on the washing line is when I've pegged them too close to the tea bags.
  • Options
    Steveaki13Steveaki13 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol at people actually getting angry and this thread. :D
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a big garden surrounded by trees and large bushes. We can't see our neighbors wash at all. However, we have a rotary dryer and I always fold it down after use and remove all the pegs which we keep in a bag in the garage.
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    But if people leave their pegs out, it makes the fly tipping and litter look even worse.

:confused: