Options

Tulisa case thrown out of court.

shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
Forum Member
✭✭
Good. This was a disgraceful set up by the paper. There was no crime until the scum from The Sun set it up. There are enough crimes going on without new ones being deliberately made to trap celebrities.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree. I'm glad too.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad it got thrown out, seeing as though the parasite reporter was clearly out to set her up. The reporter should have been arrested for trying to buy drugs. Why should they get away with it when Tulisa had to appear in court? In my opinion, it was absolutely a set up.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see The Sun fail.

Her career's still been ruined, of course.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wanted her to put him in touch with someone who can sell him drugs or some imaginary Oscar winning part would go to Keira Knightley instead of her. Tax payer's money was wasted on this shit? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Nice to see The Sun fail.

They don't give a toss whose careers they ruin. Yes, Tulisa was daft to have anything to do with the drug dealer, but The Sun clearly set her up. So glad they failed.
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is Simon Cowell gay or not? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    He wanted her to put him in touch with someone who can sell him drugs or some imaginary Oscar winning part would go to Keira Knightley instead of her. Tax payer's money was wasted on this shit? :eek:

Blame that on The Sun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jasper92 wrote: »

Of course not he has a baby. Nobody could believe he was gay! :kitty:
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no links?

if true, it's a disgraceful decision. utterly disgraceful. if I was Herbie hide, I'd be on the phone to my lawyer.

I'll read about it more when I'm back home
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Good. This was a disgraceful set up by the paper. There was no crime until the scum from The Sun set it up. There are enough crimes going on without new ones being deliberately made to trap celebrities.

No offence intended here but what is the fascination with the word Scum on DS Lately?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Blame that on The Sun.

I'd make them pay the costs if it was up to me.

I don't think her career will suffer in the long term. I think she will get a lot of sympathy from th epublic over this.
    After the phone hacking case this is just another reason to distrust and dislike the British press really.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,058
    Forum Member
    She sold someone drugs. Whether she was set up or not, she still did it. Can't see her career recovering, not that she had much of one anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She sold someone drugs. Whether she was set up or not, she still did it. Can't see her career recovering, not that she had much of one anyway.

I thought the basis of the case was she told a reporter where he could buy drugs, she wasn't the dealer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodenCat wrote: »
    I'd make them pay the costs if it was up to me.

I don't think her career will suffer in the long term. I think she will get a lot of sympathy from th epublic over this.
    After the phone hacking case this is just another reason to distrust and dislike the British press really.

They definitely set her up. I've no problem whatsoever with drug dealers and people who point others in their direction being exposed if it's happened naturally, but The Sun clearly set out to try and get Tulisa either jailed or some other punishment for this. They make me sick!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the basis of the case was she told a reporter where he could buy drugs, she wasn't the dealer?

Precisely.
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »

Looking at the report on the BBC there was less of a crime than that since the reason it collapsed was Judge Alistair McCreath believed prosecution witness Mazher Mahmood had lied to the court.

The court heard that undercover reporter Mr Mahmood, known as the Fake Sheikh, had posed as a wealthy film producer called Samir Khan when he met the former X Factor judge at several luxury hotels and restaurants.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This should be in Showbiz.
  • Options
    The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    It'll be interesting to see the Sun attempt to claim public interest in future if courts are unable to reach convictions because their journalists aren't considered trustworthy enough.

Very bad news for them indeed on a regulatory level.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This should be in Showbiz.

I expect the mods will shove it over there, but it has implications beyond simple showbiz gossip.

So does the dodgy Fake Sheik now get done for contempt of court? Hopefully this time without being able to hide his face?
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn`t she do that herself with her last album?

At a recent HMV closing down sale they had literally hundreds (maybe even 1000+) of copies of that album - They couldn`t even give them away.
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jasper92 wrote: »

He is in Daniel.................................sorry denial ;-)
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,058
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Didn`t she do that herself with her last album?

At a recent HMV closing down sale they had literally hundreds (maybe even 1000+) of copies of that album - They couldn`t even give them away.

Indeed. Hardly troubled the charts.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,292
    Forum Member

>:( How rude. Bringing facts into this. We like cutting down tall poppies.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I dunno about this episode doing that. Plenty of celebs have been mixed up in drugs and it hasn't done their career any harm.

If her career is ruined, I'm inclined to think it's for other reasons. I've got fifty quid here that says she'll make a fair amount of money for interviews/book deals on the back of this.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno about this episode doing that. Plenty of celebs have been mixed up in drugs and it hasn't done their career any harm.

If her career is ruined, I'm inclined to think it's for other reasons. I've got fifty quid here that says she'll make a fair amount of money for interviews/book deals on the back of this.
    I think even if this had gone against her in the end she still would have had a good chance of salvaging some kind of career. Now it's been thrown out completely, I doubt it will even register as much of a blip and she'll be back to her usual "work" in no time.