Options

Esther McVey throws massive temper tantrum at Cameron

Comments

• Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpudlian woman has hissy fit - that's not news it's what they do!
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    It would have been poetic justice for McVey to spunk £500 on a frock to march up Downing Street in to go into see Cameron and 10 minutes later to march out without the job she thought she was getting.

What astounds me is her arrogance in buying the dress eight years in advance

That and the fact that she had the audacity to wear shoes
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the one hand we're told not to judge people/women on appearance, then we have the likes of Esther McVey making a 'cat walk' of the path to Downing street.

She's not alone in this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    On the one hand we're told not to judge people/women on appearance,
    But you just couldn't resist?
    then we have the likes of Esther McVey making a 'cat walk' of the path to Downing street.

She's not alone in this.

How exactly did she make it a catwalk? She walked to No 10 in an eight year old knee length dress that the press mistook for a Vivienne Westwood. With the right angle a photographer managed to catch a flash of thigh :o
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Not sure if Cameron came across many gobby scousers at Eton

He may have turned out better if he had off:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    How exactly did she make it a catwalk? She walked to No 10 in an eight year old knee length dress that the press mistook for a Vivienne Westwood. With the right angle a photographer managed to catch a flash of thigh :o

Oh dear, you've set yourself up big time here in your desperation to defend her:

"I hope our Downing Street catwalk inspires"

Esther McVey

Oh, dear, dear.
  • Options
    nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, you've set yourself up big time here in your desperation to defend her:

"I hope our Downing Street catwalk inspires"

Esther McVey

Oh, dear, dear.

The press called it a catwalk, she replied using the same phrase.

Oh dear, oh dear.

"She told Sky News: ‘Well all I can say is that it's fantastic having women in powerful positions in the newspapers and if that meant we were walking, the paper might have called it, 'a catwalk' - we were walking into Number 10 Downing Street.!"
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear, oh dear.

"She told Sky News: ‘Well all I can say is that it's fantastic having women in powerful positions in the newspapers and if that meant we were walking, the paper might have called it, 'a catwalk' - we were walking into Number 10 Downing Street.!"

The press called it a catwalk because No 10 briefed it that way for the previous two weeks
  • Options
    nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    The press called it a catwalk because No 10 briefed it that way for the previous two weeks

They did? Link?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...in your desperation to defend her:

Oh, dear, dear.

Nope, no desperation on my part. Just contempt for those who look for an excuse to attack her for what she was wearing and then blame her for "asking for it".

Why not stick to attacking her politics?
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did? Link?

Perhaps I should have prefaced that with a didn't? As it was Andrew Pierce who said it, after mentioning him I'll now go and stand in the corner and think about what I've done.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angarrack wrote: »
    'Lady of ill repute' is so yesterday. Hardly worth pushing any buttons over. :)

You would think, but I have been banned for less on here. You only have to get a certain bunch pm'ing each other and your toast with no chance of appeal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She called it a catwalk herself, King Kong could have called it a cat walk too, it makes no difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, no desperation on my part. Just contempt for those who look for an excuse to attack her for what she was wearing and then blame her for "asking for it".

Why not stick to attacking her politics?

This is the exact kind of attitude I can't stand.

You clearly don't get it do you, your stuck in late 1990s equality cliche mode. We've moved on from that.

Personally, I wish to judge people on what they are, not what they look like, hence I don't wish to see PR stunts by women as a 'catwalk' to Downing street.

As to your pathetic, 'oh you can't comment how they look' comment, the whole thing was set up for people to comment on how they look!! It was a PR stunt!! Or in your book is it a case that if you're a man, your only allowed to say nice things about the 'cat walk', any criticism is not allowed. How very sexist of you.

McVey and co were using the very way they look to gain an upper hand over others, now that to me, stinks.

Also, as an aside, how very sexist of you to be banding around the phrase 'asking for it', a pathetically sexist and mindless empty barb nowadays.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member

Oh dear, oh dear.

It didn't impress Helen "I don't know what downloading means, but I was selected to represent Labour on internet regulation" Goodman who said their looks were the only interesting things about the Tory MPs in a tweet then quickly deleted and it was meant as a joke, which is interesting because the "it was meant as joke" is rarely accepted these days.

Ah, they can all go to Hell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you just couldn't resist?

I'd be very careful. Your attempts at being totally PC are in danger of becoming un PC. Give it a while.

They remind me of how the way the PC term 'coloured', not black, had to be used when talking about race, now it's a big no, no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

McVey and co were using the very way they look to gain an upper hand over others, now that to me, stinks.

And you say you're not saying she was asking for it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you say you're not saying she was asking for it?

You're very clearly locked in some sort of dated PC mindset. You need to step out of it.

There was a very clear PR push, based around appearance.

Christ, she even pretty much says herself it was a catwalk, which bit of that do you not understand.

I find it really bizarre that you think someone is not allowed to comment on the appearance of people who are set up for people to comment on appearance. That's a really conditioned way of thinking and quite scary.

'I hope they enjoyed our catwalk'... she says, someone says they don't like the way this 'catwalk' appeared and you jump on them calling them sexist.
  • Options
    nainznainz Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like her, she's too abrasive and has a rather large ego. Cameron should have told her to fall in line or get stuffed. The only reason he didn't was probably that he is desperate not to lose any women.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McVey used to be a not very good tv presenter,as I recall?
    Didn't like her then,and nothing has changed. Here in the
    Midlands we used to have a presenter on our regional news
    programme called Anna Soubry. She vanished for a few years
    then reappeared as a qualified lawyer/solicitor/barrister sort
    of figure.Now she is in politics. I turned on 'Question Time' one
    night and there she was, doing an almost perfectly chillingly
    accurate portrayal of the late Mrs Hacksaw/the Thatch.
    Frightening really,how these extremists get on,from nowhere!
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nainz wrote: »

Sex still sells I see. The woman has no intelligible opinions and like the evil IDS is innumerate.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,961
    Forum Member
    McVey should enjoy, and make the most, of the limelight while she can before the Tories fast-track Selina Scott into her job.
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nainz wrote: »

Nice use of cleavage shots for a supposed serious politician