Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    It's possible that Clara might be in some of Series 9 like Amy and Rory were in some of Series 7.

But if Clara were to exit this year, I'd like it to be the Christmas special.

I thought that. Maybe half of Series 9, because Danny Pink would have to leave too theoretically because he's Clara's friend and love interest. So him staying on would be meaningless, and only keeping him on for a series is quite pointless, why not develop on the character more?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or are Night Terrors from Series 6 and Listen from Series 8 remarkably similar in what is being discovered in the episode?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cybermen are invading London and St Paul's once again today.

The Doctor disapproves of Cybermen selfies being taken by the public.

Gatekeeper calling the shots

12 Waistcoat

Capaldi still a gent with fans.

Capaldi's run is still ridiculously awkward and amazing.
  • Options
    flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for those CD93 :)
    I've been looking at the DWSR tag on Twitter this afternoon. I can't believe how tired Peter looks, especially after 7 months of solid filming ;)

I am loving it that we will be getting the beautiful 'Penguin Run' ....:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A short fan vid of filming in London today. Peter once again being generally a nice guy.

This tweet made me smile too... love the idea of Peter giving directions to Big Ben or something as chaos and Cybermen reigns ... :D

Stuart Manning
    @stuart_manning
    Wandered into Doctor Who filming whilst out in town. So glad I witnessed Michelle Gomez giving a comedy villain hiss at the crowd of fans.

Stuart Manning @stuart_manning · 2h
    Second best moment was Peter Capaldi being asked directions by a passing tourist with a map. He obliged.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowerduck wrote: »
    Thanks for those CD93 :)
    I've been looking at the DWSR tag on Twitter this afternoon. I can't believe how tired Peter looks, especially after 7 months of solid filming ;)

I am loving it that we will be getting the beautiful 'Penguin Run' ....:)

Someone is clearly late for his meeting at the Ministry of Silly Runs.

Oh, he looks so old and tired and jaded in these clips and photos, doesn't he? Look forward to The Hip Replacement of the Doctor in series Nine. If he lives that long.

Sarcasm isn't big or clever, but there we go. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh, he looks so old and tired and jaded in these clips and photos, doesn't he? Look forward to The Hip Replacement of the Doctor in series Nine. If he lives that long.

Don't talk about age and hip replacements you'll get Ray_Smith and his cronies thinking Christmas has come early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And as if by magic some kind soul has managed to capture today's run..

I'm just know I'm going to love this Doctor...:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And as if by magic some kind soul has managed to capture today's run..

I'm just know I'm going to love this Doctor...:cool:

*claps*

Well done, that greenleafsurrey
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are being a bit hard on Ray_Smith. I watched the leaked episode and see where he is coming from. I was happy about Capaldi being cast as the Doctor but was not impressed with him the first episode. He did not have a Doctor 'moment' like Tennant and Smith. I am however going to give it more than one episode before judging him properly because he seems okay in the trailer.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Hypnosss wrote: »
    I think people are being a bit hard on Ray_Smith. I watched the leaked episode and see where he is coming from. I was happy about Capaldi being cast as the Doctor but was not impressed with him the first episode. He did not have a Doctor 'moment' like Tennant and Smith. I am however going to give it more than one episode before judging him properly because he seems okay in the trailer.

May I ask what you consider to be the 'Doctor moments' in The Christmas Invasion and The Eleventh Hour? Just out of curiosity.

I'm guessing Smith's was the hospital rooftop scene in the Atraxi face-off, but Tennant I'm struggling to find one. In fact I quite disliked him in his first episode - mainly for provoking Harriet Jones one-to-one and then shooting her down in front of everyone. It was a cold and pointless act which later came to bite him back when he couldn't get to Earth in The Stolen Earth, and ultimately cost Harriet her life. :(
  • Options
    Philip_LambPhilip_Lamb Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    May I ask what you consider to be the 'Doctor moments' in The Christmas Invasion and The Eleventh Hour? Just out of curiosity.

I'm guessing Smith's was the hospital rooftop scene in the Atraxi face-off, but Tennant I'm struggling to find one. In fact I quite disliked him in his first episode - mainly for provoking Harriet Jones one-to-one and then shooting her down in front of everyone. It was a cold and pointless act which later came to bite him back when he couldn't get to Earth in The Stolen Earth, and ultimately cost Harriet her life. :(

It also caused the downfall of Jones government which led to The Master gaining power, which makes the Doctor partially responsible for all the deaths whilst The Master was PM
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suppose with Tennant it would be the 'I'm that kind of man' and big grandstanding sword fight. It was certainly the moment for me. But then it took him over half of his first season to match it.

That said I am hoping for a move away from this sort of grandstanding. Why does the Doctor need an immediate moment? How about he is just brilliantly acted and eventually gets such a moment organically rather than big fancy speeches or overly quirky character traits? I loved Ten and Eleven. But am eager for a move away from catchphrases and Fez nonsense. I just want a brilliant Doctor. No need for 'allonsy' and 'geronimo'.

There were similar criticisms made by some of Twelves outfit because it didn't have a 'thing'. So what? The Doctor shouldn't be some wacky clown with an easily cosplayed accessory. Hopefully Capaldi will reflect this. I speak of course as someone who hasn't seen the first episode. But there was enough in the trailer to confirm Capaldi as the right choice. He seems mesmerising and has the kind of gravitas that sadly Matt Smith was never quite afforded due to the writing.
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there us a Capaldi moment similar to the "I'm that kind of man" it's when he tells Clara
    "I never said it was your mistake"

Although I took that was a self dig at the writers too. But I loved that whole scene. That's when Capaldi came alive for me or rather that's when his Doctor started to know himself (when he knew what kind if man he was)
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taken from the St pauls shoot earlier

http://s9.postimg.org/bpv5qm4kv/cyberman.jpg
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    taken from the St pauls shoot earlier

http://s9.postimg.org/bpv5qm4kv/cyberman.jpg

I gather from my London mates it's a bit hot at the moment poor cyber actors!
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote: »
    I gather from my London mates it's a bit hot at the moment poor cyber actors!

yes apparently loads of breaks and water etc
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May I ask what you consider to be the 'Doctor momentsiw in The Christmas Invasion and The Eleventh Hour? Just out of curiosity.

Yes, that smith moment. Someone has mentioned the Tennant moment. Of course that is very much down to writing. But then Smith felt very Docforish on his reveal and Capaldi didn't quite.have that but then neither did Eccleston because he is not a natural when it comes to interviews. Having a 'Doctor moment' ia no guarantee of future performance anyway.

I Really hope I enjoy Capaldi in the role but it really depends on the writing and I didn't think much of the first episode in general. I do feel that Capaldi has the potential for brilliance and agree that it should happen organically.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    yes apparently loads of breaks and water etc

And there was a photo where Capaldi's shirt was just drenched in sweat. Looked blooming boiling so the poor cyber actors phew!!

Another nice story recounted from a mum yesterday

http://adorauponavon.tumblr.com/post/92275797830/so-my-son-and-i-were-strolling-across-the-bridge

Hope the link works, I'm still trying to figure out posting from this phone....
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnosss wrote: »
    I don't know but I think the whole "They're never small to me, do not make any assumptions about how far I will go to protect them because I've come a VERY long way!" Counts as a Doctor moment...

Also the "Just see me." moment counts for just trying to convince Clara/the audience to accept him.

Just that stare when Half-Face has "fallen".

I think there are plenty of more subdued Doctor moments. But it's funny how you only mention Tennant and Smith - pretty sure Eccleston didn't have such a moment on the scale of theirs, and his Doctor seems a lot similar to Capaldi's tonally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And there was a photo where Capaldi's shirt was just drenched in sweat. Looked blooming boiling so the poor cyber actors phew!!

Another nice story recounted from a mum yesterday

http://adorauponavon.tumblr.com/post/92275797830/so-my-son-and-i-were-strolling-across-the-bridge

Hope the link works, I'm still trying to figure out posting from this phone....
    The security guy objected and began saying something about it being unfair to others and them being busy filming, Peter completely ignored that.

Capaldi is the man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Philip_LambPhilip_Lamb Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Aww Christ not more "Its dangerous to travel with the Doctor" BS.
    He's the Doctor not The Yorkshire Ripper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww Christ not more "Its dangerous to travel with the Doctor" BS.
    He's the Doctor not The Yorkshire Ripper.

I think one thing is very clear in Doctor Who.

It is dangerous to travel with The Doctor. :p Unless you're a Moffat companion. If he's willing to show some serious and immediate consequences, I'm all for it. The so-called fairytale fit 11 / Smith. Something a bit more kick-up-the-arse this time around, I think.

A change in tone doesn't mean every episode has to be "dark" and littered with death. It can just have more of an edge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is getting better and better, a Doctor whose forgetful, disconnected, selective, dark and who wants to fix his mistakes. Is Doctor Who back to its former Classic series glory?
This discussion has been closed.