Options

The 100 - E4 - UK Pace - NO SPOILERS (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Must admit I didn't see thay coming. Show overall is still annoying though. The thing that really irritates me, for some reason, is that the main charaters name is Clarke!
    I did see it coming for some reason, might because he just made up with Clarke and it felt obvious to me that would happen.

I like Clarke, but then again I like the good people, those 2 ''bad'' guys who's trying to be leaders I find annoying. Have to excuse me for not using their names, I actually can't remember what they are yet lol.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Psycho...........:o

We were warned of violence .... so I assumed it was when she went nuts at end :o ..... I wonder if we will see The Grounders make an appearance next week? (well during the episode?) as from 5 onwards they are mostly on :D I'll champion on them instead of The 100 (correction 99) lol
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    What I don't understand though, is yeah its watchable at some level but would love to get a sci-fi show that isn't aimed at teen romance crowd and has some grit in it, I guess this might be too big of a budget though to do.

It is based on the 100 books so I don't know why anyone would expect it to be more adult led, from what I remember about them is they were aimed at the teen audience. I know my nephew and niece enjoyed the reading. If we want adult sci fi we need to seek more adult themed books to put on screen.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    We were warned of violence .... so I assumed it was when she went nuts at end :o ..... I wonder if we will see The Grounders make an appearance next week? (well during the episode?) as from 5 onwards they are mostly on :D I'll champion on them instead of The 100 (correction 99) lol

97, remember two guys died when the pod thing crashed on Earth and we saw Chancellor's Son burying them last week. Or if we are going to be really picky 97.5 as the guy who was injured, captured and strung up by the Grounders is only half dead
  • Options
    Terry.RTerry.R Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Must admit I didn't see thay coming. Show overall is still annoying though.] The thing that really irritates me, for some reason, is that the main charaters name is Clarke!

I'm curious.;-)
    Verence wrote: »
    97, remember two guys died when the pod thing crashed on Earth and we saw Chancellor's Son burying them last week. Or if we are going to be really picky 97.5 as the guy who was injured, captured and strung up by the Grounders is only half dead

I think there's 94 left, yeah.:D Atoms dead,:D & didn't the boy & girl at the beginning of the episode die in the yellow mist?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there was a bit of a twist and a half :)

I can certainly see how it would have been obvious after he'd made up with Clarke, but then I suppose since it was only the third episode, it could have easily been part of the story anyway.

I still find most of the lead actors irritating, but that twist has certainly made things interesting.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Yes I think 6 are dead
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Terry.R wrote: »
    I'm curious.;-)

I think there's 94 left, yeah.:D Atoms dead,:D & didn't the boy & girl at the beginning of the episode die in the yellow mist?

I don't think Atom's dead. I think Bellamy just temporarily strung him up for kissing Olivia
  • Options
    Terry.RTerry.R Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I don't think Atom's dead. I think Bellamy just temporarily strung him up for kissing Olivia

He got caught in the yellow mist & was dying so Clarke put him out of his misery by plunging a knife in his neck to hasten his death.;-)
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    It is based on the 100 books ...
    In my defence, I didn't know that! It does rather explain a lot. I blame the trailers.

Aside from that, scientific analysis of methods of subtraction from 100 suggests a pattern of two-by-two:
    - rapid deceleration
    - shiv
    - carnivorous electric fog

We also have the methods of almost-subtracted:
    - local wildlife
    - pointy sticks

Certainly this last episode threw some interesting stuff at us, even if I now look back and realise that a couple of things were somewhat signposted but thankfully not in too much detail as the 'how' was really not quite what I expected.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most pointless twist ever and painfully set up.....it was like pulling teeth.

Kill off one of the main characters for no reason other than to play the Game Of Thrones card, anyone can die at anytime......yawn.

So, killer fog can't enter caves either and killer fog miraculously only damages flesh...the plants looked just fine :)

Yeah, yeah, if know, don't pick at it, just turn off brain and enjoy.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Kill off one of the main characters for no reason other than to play the Game Of Thrones card, anyone can die at anytime......yawn.

yup esp when he wasn't killed in the book iirc

+ he was the only character I was closest to liking
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »

So, killer fog can't enter caves either and killer fog miraculously only damages flesh...the plants looked just fine :)

Yes, finding those air tight caves was a stroke of luck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my defence, I didn't know that! It does rather explain a lot. I blame the trailers.

Aside from that, scientific analysis of methods of subtraction from 100 suggests a pattern of two-by-two:
    - rapid deceleration
    - shiv
    - carnivorous electric fog

We also have the methods of almost-subtracted:
    - local wildlife
    - pointy sticks

Certainly this last episode threw some interesting stuff at us, even if I now look back and realise that a couple of things were somewhat signposted but thankfully not in too much detail as the 'how' was really not quite what I expected.
    Now you see you are not watching closely enough they tell us who wrote the books and everything at the beginning ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He got caught in the yellow mist & was dying so Clarke put him out of his misery by plunging a knife in his neck to hasten his death.;-)

My mistake.... I've just released I watch the Tuesday repeat not the Monday night first showing
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    I'm curious.;-)

Deaths so far -

2 morons who undid their 'seat belt' and died on impact.

2 shaggers (who cares what their names were!) who got lost in the woods and fried by the acid storm

Atom*, who (briefly) got with Octavia, also fried in the 2nd acid storm. I presume we will now get an "odd couple" romance as 'spear-bait' Jasper recuperates under the attentive ministrations of 'obligatory sauce-pot' Octavia.

Wells, another one of those kids with no proper first name (see also Clarke, Bellamy), offed by Charlotte (Yay! a proper name!) because she is traumatised after his father the Chancellor executed her parents.

Unless I've missed any one I think that makes "94 bottles of beer on the wall" :D

* I realised I had misheard, and he actually was called Atom, not Adam - they really have gone overboard on the "avoid normal Given Names" rule haven't they? :o

I am now in a quandary - this show has "run on rails" to such a predictable and unexciting level so far that (who didn't see "lets discover an abandoned vehicle so we can hide in it when the shit comes down" coming?) that I was going to give it up, but Charlotte offing Wells was just sufficient of a jolt that I'm probably going to have to tune in again next week!
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it'll be interesting how this changes when "the grounders" come in ... since I am sure one of them seems to have a thirst for killing them :o .....

I do agree about the fog .... You can be in an upturned car and be safe but be out in open ... you die ... OK then :confused:

Just a theory in my mind but I think the "number" in the group left start working together with the grounders?? (this is after the fighting yadayada....) just a thought could be wrong :D

Also I noted more this week was "flashbacks" being on SpaceStation (past), Earth (present) ... I am going to through this out (unless someone mentioned earlier) but isn't that already been done before?? ie Lost/The Event?
  • Options
    scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a space station with finite resources i.e. where they have to recycle clothes, why are they floating people fully dressed.

My solution would be to harvest the body for transplantable organs and then use the rest for plant mulch.

Floating a good pair of leather shoes and a healthy liver would be madness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now you see you are not watching closely enough they tell us who wrote the books and everything at the beginning ;-)
    :D and possibly D'oh...
    I was meaning not far enough in advance to hike to the local library and dutifully read the blurb without actually opening the book so as to avoid spoilers. Which is of course a completely normal thing to do :p
    scott789s wrote: »
    In a space station with finite resources ... Floating a good pair of leather shoes and a healthy liver would be madness.
    Indeed - and the water!
    Better yet, just stick the floater (must choose a better word) in the recycling vat, if something absolutely has to go overboard then surely just the head would suffice.
    Either that or I have just misunderstood someone's desire to see nudity in an airlock.

I think there was a production misunderstanding regarding the flashbacks, they don't actually have to be stuffed full of flashes of bright light!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it just looked overly bright because so much of the rest (like many shows these days) seems to have me peering at a darkened screen thinking this would work well on radio !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it just looked overly bright ...
    Nope, those bits were definitely far too bright all on their own! On an old-fashioned TV you would have been able to hear the screen straining while the picture bled off the edges...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D and possibly D'oh...
    I was meaning not far enough in advance to hike to the local library and dutifully read the blurb without actually opening the book so as to avoid spoilers. Which is of course a completely normal thing to do :p

the show is more 'inspired by' rather than 'based upon' the book imo so no spoilers

+ interesting to see how they've deviated from the book

and no need to hike to the library if you want to read the blurb as there are online book reviews ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    and no need to hike to the library if you want to read the blurb as there are online book reviews ;-)
    No, you're absolutely right, I should have hit pause immediately and also gone to check the 'social media buzz' before proceeding :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you're absolutely right, I should have hit pause immediately and also gone to check the 'social media buzz' before proceeding :p

Indeed naughty not to have done IMO :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

online book reviews = 'social media buzz'?

lmao :D