Options

Mark comes clean about the power vid

Comments

• Options
    detroit citydetroit city Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on 5 plus 1 now Mark just said in the control room "i'm not ecstatic i'm quite upset, really sadly unfortunately we have to pick Ash, really the power alliance already wanted to pick Ash so Ash it is"
  • Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's such a transparent little cretin, no doubt he will lose support over this.
  • Options
    MarakaerMarakaer Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to also add to my quotes above the general closing of tonights episode:

Chris: The best scenario is this because we don't think Ash is gonna go...

Mark (so clearly selfless and distraught and wracked with grief about the Ash situation): The three of us have made it to the end of week 8, that's unbelievable guys. That's incredible.

Oh, and of course, the general sentiment:

IN THE CONTROL ROOM: 'I didn't want to vote for Ash but this has been a lovely trip to come and meet you Iris and see the power room... oh, silly me, I mean the control room. Yes it's been a jolly little jaunt'

RELAYING TO HELEN AND CO: 'THEY MADE ME GO IN THERE! I was in tears! I had to say Ash's name and I was forced to! I was in there for a hour absolutely devastated because of it! I had to have post traumatic stress treatment!"

Anybody defending Mark in this particular instance are looking very naive. There is footage showing how much of a self-centred little liar he can be at times. It's a shame, he was my favourite at one point.
  • Options
    SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he was choked in the the control room he even said so
    If by choked you mean he couldn't utter a defense for Ash, you're correct. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marakaer wrote: »
    I'd like to also add to my quotes above the general closing of tonights episode:

Chris: The best scenario is this because we don't think Ash is gonna go...

Mark (so clearly selfless and distraught and wracked with grief about the Ash situation): The three of us have made it to the end of week 8, that's unbelievable guys. That's incredible.

Oh, and of course, the general sentiment:

IN THE CONTROL ROOM: 'I didn't want to vote for Ash but this has been a lovely trip to come and meet you Iris and see the power room... oh, silly me, I mean the control room. Yes it's been a jolly little jaunt'

RELAYING TO HELEN AND CO: 'THEY MADE ME GO IN THERE! I was in tears! I had to say Ash's name and I was forced to! I was in there for a hour absolutely devastated because of it! I had to have post traumatic stress treatment!"

Anybody defending Mark in this particular instance are looking very naive. There is footage showing how much of a self-centred little liar he can be at times. It's a shame, he was my favourite at one point.

i think your hatred for Mark has glossed over the truth
    i just posted what he said in the control room and it's very consistent to what he also said to Helen
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on 5 plus 1 now Mark just said in the control room "i'm not ecstatic i'm quite upset, really sadly unfortunately we have to pick Ash, really the power alliance already wanted to pick Ash so Ash it is"

So he's not a two faced liar.
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Ba Na Na wrote: »
    He is such a snake, he's going to lose a lot of points for this.

With this and his treatment of Christopher, he’s destroyed any hope of winning.
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was certainly hamming it up. I quite like Mark but let's be real, a lot of what he does is very contrived, and in this particular instance he wasn't being completely honest with Helen & co.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »

no but a few on this thread have big noses
  • Options
    roseblue1roseblue1 Posts: 7,498
    Forum Member

No he is the biggest yellow belly
  • Options
    eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    Damn right they should have done. they should never have trusted double agent mark.

The smiling assassin.
  • Options
    isoveliisoveli Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's such a snake, he couldn't wait to throw them to the wolves!

And Helen is a foul mouthed trollop who seems to think her group are entitled to some special treatment

Absolutely agree. Helen is expecting it - because her only experience in BB house is being entitled. Part of BB game is fearing nominations (feeling disliked by housemates) and eviction (fearing being disliked by the public).
  • Options
    kaceyykaceyy Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know some people feel like this might make it tough for Ashleigh and Chris this week but I'm glad this went down, it exposed Mark as a weak minded spineless coward and i firmly believe Chris and Ashleigh will come out victorious against the rest, also will prove who their real friends are ( my guess is Pav and Christopher won't shun Chris or Ashleigh), the others will slowly lose their places in the house and justice will be served.
  • Options
    kaceyykaceyy Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mark is about as two faced as they come whether you choose to see it or not.
  • Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isoveli wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. Helen is expecting it - because her only experience in BB house is being entitled. Part of BB game is fearing nominations (feeling disliked by housemates) and eviction (fearing being disliked by the public).

Thing that gets me most about all of this is BB clearly said 'No one is safe' by that logic Helen's position should've been threatened. A few days later Ashleigh is told she's immune. Fast forward a few more hours and suddenly both of those decision have been reversed and we're back to square one :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think your hatred for Mark has glossed over the truth
    i just posted what he said in the control room and it's very consistent to what he also said to Helen

My hatred for Mark? Say whaaa?

I said in my post he was previously one of my favourites - I don't have any sycophantic fanaticism to any housemate. If they're in the wrong or pulling nonsense like this, I'm happy to say so.

I saw you re-posted what he said in the control room, but that wasn't necessary anyway as I Sky+ the show so I re-watched it.

The whole persona and nature of how he conducted his duties in the power alliance were completely misrepresented when he was relaying it back to Helen, Steven and Ash. There's little point saying otherwise as if you watch the scene in the control room and then, more damningly, the very final scene of tonight's episode, then contrast it with his 'confession' in the bedroom to Helen and cohorts then surely *anybody* could see the glaring discord.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT A WEASEL!!! He has just lost Big Brother. Letting Ashleigh take all the flak. She is ten times better than this weasel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My hatred for Mark? Say whaaa?

I said in my post he was previously one of my favourites - I don't have any sycophantic fanaticism to any housemate. If they're in the wrong or pulling nonsense like this, I'm happy to say so.

I saw you re-posted what he said in the control room, but that wasn't necessary anyway as I Sky+ the show so I re-watched it.

The whole persona and nature of how he conducted his duties in the power alliance were completely misrepresented when he was relaying it back to Helen, Steven and Ash. There's little point saying otherwise as if you watch the scene in the control room and then, more damningly, the very final scene of tonight's episode, then contrast it with his 'confession' in the bedroom to Helen and cohorts then surely *anybody* could see the glaring discord.

the facts are there and you can't alter them, he was very consistent in both occasions, we get to see 30 seconds of who to put up but you know it would have been a longer discussion than that and you can't argue with what he said about being very upset at nominating Ash because he is very friendly with Ash
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these accusations of people hating on Mark or being unfair, here's a quote taken from tonight's episode when he was talking to Chris and Ashleigh in the kitchen.

Chris: I was worried you might get too upset by it.

Mark shakes his head in disagreement several times.

Mark (calm, composed, content): I was very logical. There was three to choose from, then there was two to choose from. The fact of the matter is we're all extremely close to Christopher and only 1 of us is very close to Ash. It wouldn't make sense.

Ashleigh: And I think the public would've looked at you in a different light if you'd voted for Christopher instead of Ash.

Mark: 100 percent.

In terms of behaviour and the content of what he's actually saying, that *totally* jars with his impassioned, didn't-want-to-but-they-forced-me bile he spews so melodramatically in the video in the OP.

I have loved Mark since the beginning but have slowly gone off him this week after seeing how he has treated Christopher.

This has also left a bad taste

*Marks goes to control room*
    *has a lovely chat with Iris about how the control room is incredible & it looks like a space ship and he loves it*
    "It's been difficult because everybody on the board is me friend"
    He also said "I'm not ecstatic, I'm quite upset, really sadly, unfortunately we have to pick Ash, really the power alliance already wanted to pick Ash, so Ash it is"

None of which I had a problem with, he handed it maturely and knew it was the best decision, all he had to do was explain that to Helen and Ash, but instead we got ...

"I had to fight for him, I was gutted, I had to be the one who had to go and ****ing say in the control room.
    Do you know how hard it was for me ****ing saying his name to that ****ing face?
    I was sat there ****ing crying, I had to sit in the diary room for a ****ing hour because I couldn't even get me breath because I felt like a ****ing Judas.
    It was ****ing horrific"

His explanation is what has made him look spineless, he acted like he was wailing on the floor instead of the calm responses we saw above.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the facts are there and you can't alter them, he was very consistent in both occasions, we get to see 30 seconds of who to put up but you know it would have been a longer discussion than that and you can't argue with what he said about being very upset at nominating Ash because he is very friendly with Ash

You're in the minority for a reason - everyone else is seeing how two-faced he is.

As you said, the facts are there and you can't alter them. There's a reason the majority of people are taking Mark's behaviour here negatively.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to change your mind, just stating facts too.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What really annoys me about the whole situation is that anybody feels they have to explain their nominations to people, and that those people feel they have a right to demand an explanation. I doubt they stop at asking Mark for an explanation, there will no doubt be an inquisition involving Chris and Ashleigh (perhaps less so) at some point.

I would truly love for one or both of them to turn around and just say it's none of your business, we made our choices and our reasons are our own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're in the minority for a reason - everyone else is seeing how two-faced he is.

As you said, the facts are there and you can't alter them. There's a reason the majority of people are taking Mark's behaviour here negatively.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to change your mind, just stating facts too.

you;re not though, you told lies saying he was having fun in the control room when nominating Ash, that was proved as a lie
  • Options
    dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    It shows he can't be trusted. Winston or Christopher will win imo. Mark has blown it.
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    OMG!!! I'm so embarrased now. couple of my friends told me Mark is a snake but I didn't believe them. I am going to be so ragged tomorrow. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JesuLeChop wrote: »
    His explanation is what has made him look spineless, he acted like he was wailing on the floor instead of the calm responses we saw above.

This, this and more this.