Options

Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree with you mostly but to call Michael Hutchence a poor jim Morrison when he was nothing remotely like him is bonkers.
    Michael Hutchence had one of the finest rock voices ever and was a brilliant frontman,i am not a massive fan of his but i know he was not in any shape a poor Jim Morrison clone

*Hutchence
    *Morrison
    FYI

Bit embarrassing that. Morrison was a typo in fairness. Mea Culpa about Hutchence though!
    I just felt his style was modelled on or influenced by Jim and had a similar lifestyle. Personally I didn't like INXS and didn't like his voice either. Strangely I never really considered him to be a rock singer as such. I sort of had him in a sort of indie/guitar band pigeonhole. Maybe not heavy enough for my 'rawk' category!
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Was there ever an explanation of why the police blatantly lied when they said there was no drug's paraphernalia at the house when her body was found?

At her inquest it came out that they discovered 80 syringes and stashes of heroin all over the house and she was surrounded by syringes, a burned spoon and knotted stockings.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,024
    Forum Member
    Jo March wrote: »
    Was there ever an explanation of why the police blatantly lied when they said there was no drug's paraphernalia at the house when her body was found?

At her inquest it came out that they discovered 80 syringes and stashes of heroin all over the house and she was surrounded by syringes, a burned spoon and knotted stockings.

Possibly because it came from others rather than the police?
    Officers searching the property have reportedly said there were no visible signs of injury and no suicide note.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    No, I remember it being said on the news that that was what the police had said.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

They said it was a duty of care to Geldof family as to why they withheld details.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amanda Platell discusses this in Daily Mail today.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    Fifi sounds a charming young lady.

Well I think she's hitting out at detractors in the only way she knows how. That is to have social media fights with those that seem to her to be haters. That's kind of an understandable reaction from a grieving young relative.

But she should know that lots are not going to look favourably at someone potentially exposing their very tiny kiddies to very dangerous drugs in what should be a safe environment. It's also natural that many people will take a dim view of that lifestyle, addiction, behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    They said it was a duty of care to Geldof family as to why they withheld details.
    Thank you,whatever54.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Well I think she's hitting out at detractors in the only way she knows how. That is to have social media fights with those that seem to her to be haters. That's kind of an understandable reaction from a grieving young relative.

But she should know that lots are not going to look favourably at someone potentially exposing their very tiny kiddies to very dangerous drugs in what should be a safe environment. It's also natural that many people will take a dim view of that lifestyle, addiction, behaviour.

Well, yes, I suppose, objectively, she should, but equally, I suppose, she's grieving over the loss of her dead sister and finding it hard to cope with random, uninformed, judgemental opinion on the internet from random people who don't know the first thing about what Peaches might have gone through, or what Fifi and the rest of the family did/tried to do for her.

It seems that Peaches being dead just isn't enough of a punishment for some people. That the need to hammer home how awful and irresponsible she was takes precedence over the feelings of those left behind is truly awful.

Not aimed at you specifically, just a general comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    Well, yes, I suppose, objectively, she should, but equally, I suppose, she's grieving over the loss of her dead sister and finding it hard to cope with random, uninformed, judgemental opinion on the internet from random people who don't know the first thing about what Peaches might have gone through, or what Fifi and the rest of the family did/tried to do for her.

It seems that Peaches being dead just isn't enough of a punishment for some people. That the need to hammer home how awful and irresponsible she was takes precedence over the feelings of those left behind is truly awful.

Not aimed at you specifically, just a general comment.
    She would be well advised to keep away from internet discussion about her sister....for her own well being.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would be well advised to keep away from internet discussion about her sister....for her own well being.

Easy to say, not so easy to do. :)

If it were my sister, I'd struggle to not respond to uninformed judgement.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Might save her a lot of heartache if she could.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might save her a lot of heartache if she could.

Thing is families cling on to good memories which is understandable. They're not ready to accept that their loved ones were addicts, criminals, drink drivers, .... Whatever. Again understandable.

Maybe in years to come Fifi and the others will come to terms with the fact that their sister was a very troubled addict. They will have a heck of a lot of explaining to do with those two little boys. Kids always ask questions and in a high profile case like this they will find out the truth even if the family try and cover some of it up.

Sadly, the truth is that the only person to blame for those kids now being motherless is Peaches herself. It's an absolute tragedy for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Thing is families cling on to good memories which is understandable. They're not ready to accept that their loved ones were addicts, criminals, drink drivers, .... Whatever. Again understandable.

Maybe in years to come Fifi and the others will come to terms with the fact that their sister was a very troubled addict. They will have a heck of a lot of explaining to do with those two little boys. Kids always ask questions and in a high profile case like this they will find out the truth even if the family try and cover some of it up.

Sadly, the truth is that the only person to blame for those kids now being motherless is Peaches herself. It's an absolute tragedy for them.
    Which is precisely why I think she would be well advised to steer clear of internet discussion of her sister. She will,if she continues to look, see nice and not nice things about Peaches and I don't think she is emotionally equipped to deal with the not nice things. Better to find succour within her own family and forget what anonymous people on the internet think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is precisely why I think she would be well advised to steer clear of internet discussion of her sister. She will,if she continues to look, see nice and not nice things about Peaches and I don't think she is emotionally equipped to deal with the not nice things. Better to find succour within her own family and forget what anonymous people on the internet think.

Well, if you and others feel the need to continue to hound her beyond the grave and get some personal satisfaction from it, so be it.

Takes all sorts, I guess.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,024
    Forum Member

As you stated they withheld details, so I'm not sure how the police could be accused of lying when they said nothing publicly.

Report from two days after her death...
    A post-mortem examination held on Wednesday April 9 following the death of Peaches Geldof has proved inconclusive pending the result of toxicology analysis,’ said a Kent Police spokesman.

Police have said her death is ‘not considered suspicious but is unexplained’ after officers were called ‘following a report of concern for the welfare of a woman’.

Just because some dumb reporters jumped to the wrong conclusions they covered their backsides by making out they hadn't got it wrong....to cover their own stupidity certain media ran on May 2 ..."police admit...."
    ‘While no detail will be provided around specific items I will confirm that contrary to rumour in the media my officers did seize drugs paraphernalia from the address on 7 April,’ said DCI Paul Fotheringham of Kent Police.

As for Amanda Patel being able to put 500 words together doesn't stop her talking out of her ass.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just out of interest, if all that stuff was found in the house, does that mean her husband and family new about it all the time?
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if you and others feel the need to continue to hound her beyond the grave and get some personal satisfaction from it, so be it.

No-one's hounding anyone.

TangledinBlue, one would think the family would have noticed, wouldn't you? But again, addicts are devious and very clever liars and I suspect she kept her equipment well hidden. Alarming to read of things being hidden in a sweet jar though, that was asking for trouble with children in the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I beg your pardon - an apology is in order for that !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    No-one's hounding anyone.

TangledinBlue, one would think the family would have noticed, wouldn't you? But again, addicts are devious and very clever liars and I suspect she kept her equipment well hidden. Alarming to read of things being hidden in a sweet jar though, that was asking for trouble with children in the house.
    I have just been accused of that ...haven't a clue where that has come from ...some people!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just out of interest, if all that stuff was found in the house, does that mean her husband and family new about it all the time?
    Can't help you with that I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    As you stated they withheld details, so I'm not sure how the police could be accused of lying when they said nothing publicly.

Report from two days after her death...

Just because some dumb reporters jumped to the wrong conclusions they covered their backsides by making out they hadn't got it wrong....to cover their own stupidity certain media ran on May 2 ..."police admit...."

As for Amanda Patel being able to put 500 words together doesn't stop her talking out of her ass.

The police acted totally appropriately and like you say didn't lie, they just didn't feed the media- much as I'm sure they would have liked. I have not read what she^ has to say yet. Some of the lack of understanding and black & white thinking I see on this thread is pretty saddening, particularly coming from people who claim to work in the field:(
    Peaches former nanny said it best 'you nearly made it' and that sums it up for me, with the right help/support she might have done and it's really sad that she didn't and for all her family she has now left behind. I think she was deeply depressed and had a drug problem, both things that can be overcome but sadly weren't during her lifetime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's difficult :(
    Very true.
    That's her sister people are slating :(
    It's easy to say drug addicts are selfish and crap, but how many people have their lives touched by drugs and don't know how to deal and cope with it ?
    How many people have never had their lives touched by drugs, but are making judgements
    It's a long walk to being perfect and most of us don't make it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

Say what? I would expect every member of the Geldof family is fully aware Peaches was a drug addict but people can and do overcome addictions, she was trying, she lost the battle and that's really sad. I expect they feel incredibly sad they couldn't seem to help and would now wish for a bit more understanding on the whole matter. When you look at pictures of Peaches she looks so sad and lost, not like she's having a ball and would rather go out partying than tend to her kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Say what? I would expect every member of the Geldof family is fully aware Peaches was a drug addict but people can and do overcome addictions, she was trying, she lost the battle and that's really sad. I expect they feel incredibly sad they couldn't seem to help and would now wish for a bit more understanding on the whole matter. When you look at pictures of Peaches she looks so sad and lost, not like she's having a ball and would rather go out partying than tend to her kids.
    That's a very sad post :-(
    Do you know anything about heroin addiction at all?