Options

Katie Price with 5th Child

Comments

• Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lion5 wrote: »
    Its not that unusual to investigate the history of a house before purchase, we did through our conveyancer, we know that although our house is almost 80 years old, the land was bought by a lord when a former royal hunting ground was divided for sale in the 1920s when he bought the land and secured the permission, he lived there from the 1930s until 1964 when he retired to scotland and it was bought by the previous owners who had a comercial property portfolio and owned a chain of hairdressers, we know that they were happily married, and two children (who sold us the house) and we know that they both died at the local hospital (as the house was through probate we were given copies of the death certificate) had the house had a chequered history I would not have purchased!

If I had viewed the house and seen a big portrait of katie Price on the wall I would have walked away without waisting amy more of my time!:D

For me a house is like a wedding ring, if you buy a second hand one, you want it to be a valuable antique, not available through divorce having seen unhappy times and sad memories...

Really? :o:confused: I can honestly say the troubles of people I don't know has never put me off living in a property. Perhaps I am secure enough in my relationship not to worry about strange things like that bringing it to an end. I am pretty certain, should it end, it will not be the "ghosts" of the relationships of unknown exs who once shared the roof.

Try and find a house that hasn't seen the end of a relationship, the death of an occupant of a bit of gossip and goings-on. It will be a small list.

Again, lots of property is on the market for more than a few weeks. I am pretty certain that KP is not so powerful that she is single-handedly stagnating the housing market.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? :o:confused: I can honestly say the troubles of people I don't know has never put me off living in a property. Perhaps I am secure enough in my relationship not to worry about strange things like that bringing it to an end. I am pretty certain, should it end, it will not be the "ghosts" of the relationships of unknown exs who once shared the roof.

Try and find a house that hasn't seen the end of a relationship, the death of an occupant of a bit of gossip and goings-on. It will be a small list.

Again, lots of property is on the market for more than a few weeks. I am pretty certain that KP is not so powerful that she is single-handedly stagnating the housing market.

You say that, but we have the O'Hara's in our area... and I don't know anyone who would want to buy their house .... it would be seen as very naff thanks to the current occupants...

If you are spending a large sum of money and choosing a family home for the foreseable future, if you can avoid buying a house with the naff factor you will!

I guess we were lucky with our choice then... but I have friends who haven't completed on houses based on their opinion current occupants.. a home is an aspirational thing, I can't imagine anyone aspiring to be KP apart from KP herself... and her home has a whole lot of history with nothing left to the imagination IMO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt her house has any demons as IMO all the sex stories are made up anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You say that, but we have the O'Hara's in our area... and I don't know anyone who would want to buy their house .... it would be seen as very naff thanks to the current occupants...

If you are spending a large sum of money and choosing a family home for the foreseable future, if you can avoid buying a house with the naff factor you will!

I guess we were lucky with our choice then... but I have friends who haven't completed on houses based on their opinion current occupants.. a home is an aspirational thing, I can't imagine anyone aspiring to be KP apart from KP herself... and her home has a whole lot of history with nothing left to the imagination IMO

I think you are assuming that the rest of the population has anything like your interest in Kp's life that you have.

Although, perhaps that is why Pa's hasn't sold either - perhaps the orange-tone of a zeleb stains deep.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh my lord. #major facepalm

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. I think I'll have to go with laugh tho'. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Doubt her house has any demons as IMO all the sex stories are made up anyway!

The only demon in the house is her. I really can't see having her live in it will bring up the value. She's hardly a nice sweet celeb is she ;-)
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are assuming that the rest of the population has anything like your interest in Kp's life that you have.

Although, perhaps that is why Pa's hasn't sold either - perhaps the orange-tone of a zeleb stains deep.

To be fair that would take a hell of a lot of overpainting. So yeah, if it was a choice between tango-stained walls and a house that had sex in it, I think I'd probably opt for the latter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    The only demon in the house is her. I really can't see having her live in it will bring up the value. She's hardly a nice sweet celeb is she ;-)

Least she's honest tho ;);):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. I think I'll have to go with laugh tho'. :D:D:D

If you don't like the current occupants then I can see how that would stop you handing over your life savings to them... buying a house is a big thing... a massive finacial and emotional investment, and the current occupants do set a tone and expectation for a certain lifestyle...

At the end of the day its the buyers choice.. and I guess we will see if KPs house sells for the full asking price and quickly... although I doubt it!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you don't like the current occupants then I can see how that would stop you handing over your life savings to them... buying a house is a big thing... a massive finacial and emotional investment, and the current occupants do set a tone and expectation for a certain lifestyle...

At the end of the day its the buyers choice.. and I guess we will see if KPs house sells for the full asking price and quickly... although I doubt it!:o

It's always been the house I have fallen in love with. Not the people who are moving away from it.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair that would take a hell of a lot of overpainting. So yeah, if it was a choice between tango-stained walls and a house that had sex in it, I think I'd probably opt for the latter.

But wouldn't Tangoman's house be doubly befouled by the Fake Bake residue AND the fact that he'd had sex in it?
    Not to mention the ghostly and unpleasant aura left behind by his nasal,tuneless warbling in his "music" room?
    *shudders*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Must admit when I bought our recent house I had slight doubts as the previous owners had only been married 6 months when they decided to divorce and sell it and it was a bit hmmmm does it have a bad auro... But we went ahead with the opinion that we are a happy strong family and that's what it needs.

Some people believe in that sort of thing, some don't! Some people find it hard to imagine themselves in a house, some people can l look past the decor and the previous owners- everyone's different. For me the dog poo and neglected animals would put me off more than the sex stories but that's just me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always been the house I have fallen in love with. Not the people who are moving away from it.

I guess some people when you meet them can stop you falling in love with a house... but each to their own!

I guess some vendors can come across as very sleazy or slimy.. at a second viewing one of them spanked and pinched my friends bum.. and they withdrew the offer within the hour!
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any links for the house with interior pics?

Can't say I would care about who previously lived in my house to be honest, I'm buying the house not the owners.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Least she's honest tho ;);):D

Oh yes, tells it like it is. Honesty is the best policy really :D
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling a bit sorry for the poor £2M house that nobody wants. I cant imagine a previous owner would put anyone off, as they will be long gone - it's more the surrounding neighbours that are still there surely?

I moved in to my husband's house with him - which I have no doubt had former memories from a previous partner. Hmmph.. stuff em, redecorate, make it your own and move on, it's just a bloody house, bricks and mortar. And you make your own new memories.

Although I did once have a friend who refused point blank to live in any house where anyone else had ever lived, he found it creepy and only ever lived in new-builds. (he's in a Bunny Burrow townhouse on a new-build estate in Warrington)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    I'm feeling a bit sorry for the poor £2M house that nobody wants. I cant imagine a previous owner would put anyone off, as they will be long gone - it's more the surrounding neighbours that are still there surely?

I moved in to my husband's house with him - which I have no doubt had former memories from a previous partner. Hmmph.. stuff em, redecorate, make it your own and move on, it's just a bloody house, bricks and mortar. And you make your own new memories.

Although I did once have a friend who refused point blank to live in any house where anyone else had ever lived, he found it creepy and only ever lived in new-builds. (he's in a Bunny Burrow townhouse on a new-build estate in Warrington)

Agree Loz. I'd be more concerned about the people left behind (the neighbours) than the person I was buying from.

The couple we bought this from were splitting up as he'd had an affair and he was a complete and utter c*ck. Didn't bother me, I didn't have to love with him and I liked the house so why would I care what sort of person he was?
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You may not have to worry about that soon .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/danielle-lloyds-footballer-husband-jamie-3919499
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, who in their right mind would want to live in that house? it is tainted by its current owner.. given her dubious tatse in decor, it would cost 500k to strip it back to its bricks and start again... and you couldn't start the remodel until a deep clean and disinfection is complete if the wee wee stories are true!

Just imagine if you owned it.... when giving your friends a tour, you could say - this is the master bedroom, the former occupants used this room to play hide the vodka bottle!!!:o :o

I suspect like the pink range rover, it has been customised to her 'brand' to the point of significant depreciation in value, and even the pink car was rejected because it needed a good disinfection too!

Decor or not, that property is a fantastic place, I would love something like that and would not give a flying piglet who owned it before. I'm buying the property and not the people who have been in it. Most people buying houses put their own stamp on it anyway. Even the dilapidated ones you got to look past the decor and imagine how your stamp on it would look

I can't stand KP but I love this property
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit superstitious so I probably wouldn't buy a property that had a dark history but I wouldn't give two hoots if KP had lived there and imagine how popular you'd be if you were the one responsible for KP, her paps and hangers on leaving the area! You'd become an instant local hero :-)
  • Options
    Elle_JamesElle_James Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    Decor or not, that property is a fantastic place, I would love something like that and would not give a flying piglet who owned it before. I'm buying the property and not the people who have been in it. Most people buying houses put their own stamp on it anyway. Even the dilapidated ones you got to look past the decor and imagine how your stamp on it would look

I can't stand KP but I love this property

If I loved a house it wouldn't bother me who had lived there previously. Anyone with two million to spend would presumably have enough money to create whatever they want from it.

That said, for two mill I'd want a lot more than an only OKish house, which this one seems to be. It doesn't look particularly big for that price tag. Obviously the stables and acreage are the main selling point, but I'd want far more coverage of my acres.....woodland rather than open fields. And the close proximity to the road would be a huge no no. It's a very busy noisy road which would transfer, unless indoors with all doors and windows closed.

My neighbour has just won 5 million on the lottery. Maybe she'll have a shufti. A bit too "Southfork" for me though.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit superstitious so I probably wouldn't buy a property that had a dark history but I wouldn't give two hoots if KP had lived there and imagine how popular you'd be if you were the one responsible for KP, her paps and hangers on leaving the area! You'd become an instant local hero :-)

I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that someone could be put off buying a house because grown-ups had been having sex in it.
    I mean, what do you do - stick to new builds and hope that none of the brickies got jiggly in there?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For me, dark history would probably be that someone had been murdered horribly in the house and, I will admit, that would put me off rational or not. But the fact a z list celeb had lived there would definitely not be a factor if I loved the house and the price was right.
  • Options
    PerfumedDivaPerfumedDiva Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that someone could be put off buying a house because grown-ups had been having sex in it.
    I mean, what do you do - stick to new builds and hope that none of the brickies got jiggly in there?

Oh come on its not about grown ups having sex there, it's the stigma of KP and her awful taste!

Although it beats me why she's allegedly escaping the house because of bad memories, but taking her allegedly cheating husband with her.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that would put me off from buying a house would be the neighbours, factors outside the present incumbents or if a murder had occurred on the premises.

KP has terrible taste - but that could be eradicated once she'd moved.
This discussion has been closed.