Options

What is the point of Israel attacking Gaza?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    WindWalker wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Been watching channel 4 news when I can and he's been out there in the thick of it. The broadcast from a Hospital was eye opening. :(

Here's another present for you - must be your lucky day! :D

It's mentioned in this article:
    Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well worth a listen, imo :Palestine For Beginners - Equal Rights!

"Zionism began as a nationalist liberation movement for European Jews, in the 1800s".
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    karijn wrote: »

Hamas TV: Giant, cuddly bee teaches children to "shoot Jews" and "smash them"

http://www.palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=339&doc_id=11403

So Hamas teach 4 year olds to kill Jews.

Hamas media guidelines:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/hamas-gives-gazans-guidelines-reporting-israeli-attacks-social-media-1457466

Somehow I don't they are the innocent party in this conflict.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hamas TV: Giant, cuddly bee teaches children to "shoot Jews" and "smash them"

http://www.palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=339&doc_id=11403

So Hamas teach 4 year olds to kill Jews.

Hamas media guidelines:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/hamas-gives-gazans-guidelines-reporting-israeli-attacks-social-media-1457466

Somehow I don't they are the innocent party in this conflict.

Nah, I'd much rather watch the Fascist Zionist Israeli Racist Monsters commit genocide!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nah, I'd much rather watch the Fascist Zionist Israeli Racist Monsters commit genocide!!!!

Palestinians rules by a Facist Islamist party who's leader lives in luxary villa in Doha. The mansion he lives in equipped table tennis, plasma screen TV's and and everything else you could want.

Hamas murders 25 Palestinian's for showing the IDF where smuggling tunnels are but not a word muttered by the pre-Hamas supporters about. It must be justifiable for them to kill the people in Gaza.

Hamas gain millions from Arab states while they sit in underground bunkers making sure Palestinians are in thr firing line.

Is it any wonder Abbas refers to them as "Palestinian blood traders".

They continue to make the proxy-war is drawn out while weapons are rolled in from Iran.

Some people are just too blind to see what is actually going on.

Hamas is occupying the Gaza Strip and using it's people to line their own pockets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeh, yeh, we've got the hand-book!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeh, yeh, we've got the hand-book!!!!

Unable to provide a reasonable response so reverts to childish sarcasm.

A classic case on denial brought about by believing Hamas propaganda. As the saying goes you cant see the wood for trees.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unable to provide a reasonable response so reverts to childish sarcasm.

A classic case on denial brought about by believing Hamas propaganda. As the saying goes you cant see the wood for trees.

Hamas? Nope, I'm listening to an Israeli/American lawyer, fyi. But don't let me stop you with Netanutter's brainwashing programme!
  • Options
    Fappy_McFapperFappy_McFapper Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamas are murdering lunatics and the Israeli Government are also murdering lunatics.

/debate.

It's the innocent on both sides that are suffering the consequences.
  • Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palestinians rules by a Facist Islamist party who's leader lives in luxary villa in Doha. The mansion he lives in equipped table tennis, plasma screen TV's and and everything else you could want.

Doesn't have air strikes. One can hardly blame Hamas leaders for living somewhere they're less likely to be assassinated can you?
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    What happened to the megaphone desktop tool that alerted zionists to discussion on israel on the internet so you ended up with debates on the bbc having hundreds of zionists descending on it? Did they have to discontinue it because it became common knowledge?
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Probably its popularity was its downfall with too many people using it making it too obvious and also with its possibilities to be used for the opposite purposes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you mean i just know? they weren't going to send in trucks full of sugar and bricks they transferred the money to the Hamas leaders bank account and it got frozen by america and he raged about it on facebook. ;-)

But you seem to dismiss everything as a zionist conspiracy theory so i wont waste my time anymore as it's like talking to a truther.

Puts on my tinfoil hat

I question it because it seems to be a recent thing. I'm aware Hamas must be getting some support from somewhere, Palestinians can't trade their way to prosperity can they?

So what, if Qatar are funding them?

Our government do/did deals with them, very favourable deals. Would they if they had known or it was true?

So what do you suggest happens to these nations funding them, even if it's just aid to rebuild Gaza?
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reglip wrote: »
    What happened to the megaphone desktop tool that alerted zionists to discussion on israel on the internet so you ended up with debates on the bbc having hundreds of zionists descending on it? Did they have to discontinue it because it became common knowledge?

It seems to only be monitoring DS these days ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Doesn't have air strikes. One can hardly blame Hamas leaders for living somewhere they're less likely to be assassinated can you?

The point being he doesn't care about the Palestinian people because prolonging the conflict means more money from the Arabs who fund Hamas.

He lives in a mansion while people live ghettos and poverty and that was before the conflict even started.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well worth a listen, imo :Palestine For Beginners - Equal Rights!

"Zionism began as a nationalist liberation movement for European Jews, in the 1800s".

I did talk a bit about Zionists and their push for a state of their own and power but someone had the post removed. The only history seemingly allowed is the holocaust. Anything else is shouted down and has been throughout history. You can even end up in prison in some places for talking about it can't you? That's some heavy duty censorship.
  • Options
    The infidelThe infidel Posts: 3,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beanybun wrote: »
    Precisely.

"Zionism" by any dictionary definition is a movement supporting the creation of a Jewish homeland as a means to be a majority in their own nation, to avoid further persecution. That has been achieved in the State of Israel.

People on this forum are really complaining about "cultural Zionism" typified by Christian fundamentalism but which equally manifests itself in many other (mostly harmless) ways. I'm not interested in this and most other Jews aren't interested in cultural Zionism either? In many ways it has nothing to do with Israel, at all.

But when people on this forum rail agains "Zionism" it drips from their every word that they really mean Jews and Hamas are firing rockets at Jews, not Zionism.

Lots of racists with facist tendancies like to hide behind the word 'Zionist'. It might explain why palestinians in France, Germany and Austria held their own 'crystalnacht' over the last few evenings. No French, German or Austrians people seem to have been involved though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Three cheers for these people, there could be hope for Israel yet! Pro-Peace Protests Are Sweeping Israel Right Now… and Israeli ‘JDL’ Fascists Are Freaking Out
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So i was looking through the Hamas (http://www.hamasinfo.net/) website and came across the name of a Hamas spokesperson and decided to see if there were any videos of him speaking to find out what he says

Sami Abu Zuhri

Here he is urging Palestinians to adopt the human shield policy.

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-hamas-civilians-human-shields/18534

And here he makes a small mistake where he says he is leading the Palestinian people to death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWISvih1HAw
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,076
    Forum Member
    I agree, but the borders also need to be opened and the siege lifted. This is the third wholesale slaughter since 2008. This ultra-right wing government keep moving the goal posts. I'm convinced it's about resources - Gaza's gas and water - Israel wants Gaza.

Listen to George Galloway, Noam Chomsky, Norman Finkelstein,...

Lifting the siege would bound to be included in follow up talks if they ever get to that stage. It looks like both sides are more concerned about saving face and having the last "word"!"

Paul Mason of C4 news tweeted that he can't get into Gaza because of the shelling while at the same time, israel is saying that the palestinians have broken their own ceasefires. Proof? How can there be if the TV cameras can't get in? Its why international observers and troops need to be there to replace israeli one and that needs to be part of the follow up talks following a proper ceasefire.

As for George Galloway, he might know a fair bit on this, but I listened to him when he was on Talk Sport and have seen him on Twiiter. In my view, he only likes people if they agree with him. If people disagree with him or they say or write something he disagrees with, then he sometimes turns against them inc me on Twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WindWalker wrote: »
    I did talk a bit about Zionists and their push for a state of their own and power but someone had the post removed. The only history seemingly allowed is the holocaust. Anything else is shouted down and has been throughout history. You can even end up in prison in some places for talking about it can't you? That's some heavy duty censorship.

I saw a tweet posted by a Jewish teenager this morning, it went something like this: those who stay silent regarding this massacre, are banned from complaining about the 'silence' of the holocaust.

As the Israeli minister said on the first video that I posted, it's all part of their plan and they are rich and powerful people. These kids are offered free tuition for working as cybernuts, so you can't blame them for doing so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of racists with facist tendancies like to hide behind the word 'Zionist'. It might explain why palestinians in France, Germany and Austria held their own 'crystalnacht' over the last few evenings. No French, German or Austrians people seem to have been involved though.

Are you suggesting people on here are doing that?

Do you consider Zionism to be a totally benign following? What do you understand it to be and how far in the world do you think it reaches?
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Am i the only one who is fed up of some people being pro this side or pro that side? This is a horrific situation for both sides as they are losing lives and live in fear. The comments for example on sites like youtube can be disgusting.
  • Options
    Noel CanardNoel Canard Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re. Gaza itself, are people free to leave the entire area if they wish?

Or won't Israel allow them to?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    Lifting the siege would bound to be included in follow up talks if they ever get to that stage. It looks like both sides are more concerned about saving face and having the last "word"!"

Paul Mason of C4 news tweeted that he can't get into Gaza because of the shelling while at the same time, israel is saying that the palestinians have broken their own ceasefires. Proof? How can there be if the TV cameras can't get in? Its why international observers and troops need to be there to replace israeli one and that needs to be part of the follow up talks following a proper ceasefire.

As for George Galloway, he might know a fair bit on this, but I listened to him when he was on Talk Sport and have seen him on Twiiter. In my view, he only likes people if they agree with him. If people disagree with him or they say or write something he disagrees with, then he sometimes turns against them inc me on Twitter.

I don't think Hamas want to accept a peace pact unless the siege is lifted, and I can't blame them - things need to change and in the Palestinians' favour. Other than that, I don't know very much about Hamas, only what I read as I go along whenever Israel is bombing the fruck out of Gaza.

I thought another cease fire had been announced this afternoon.

I also follow Galloway on twitter as I like his radio shows, but I usually forget to listen. He won me over when defending himself at the US Senate. He's a brilliant orator and I believe an honest man. I wish he'd stand in Scotland, as I'd vote for him.