Options

Drunk Ashleigh...

Comments

• Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    But she's not Helen. Not everyone wants confrontation 24/7. Least said soonest mended.

A few weeks ago she was kept in as she was considered the only person to stand up to Helen. What happened to that promise? Most people who find it hard to stand up for things in themselves, have that courage when it goes to defending a friend. She was supposed to be the brave, independent one. The only conclusion I can see from her actions, the night Danielle left and following HLs shows, is that they were never friends (this could be true for Danielle too btw) rather there was a certain amount of using going on. It wouldn't be wrong to also surmise then that she is using Chris or anyone else she can lean on to get to the final. She does seem naturally happy and at ease in Helen's company though.
  • Options
    Vicky8675309Vicky8675309 Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashleigh isn't stupid and knew something wasn't right with Danielle's persona when Bianca called her out on it. Most likely, Ashleigh didn't confront Danielle with it because she could see Danielle was upset, or didn't want to further blow up Danielle's persona or because it wasn't really any of her business, or she filed it away for later use… regardless I think she handled that situation well and did the same when Helen was trying to get her to say bad stuff about Danielle. I really don't care what the motives were for Helen or Ashleigh but I think Ashleigh, even when drunk, handled the situation well. She didn't lie (she is better off without Danielle) and yet she didn't talk bad about her either--in fact she told Helen to stop it and called Helen out on what she was doing but did it in a playful manner that didn't set Helen off (and maybe Helen is learning to control her temper…you could kind of see Helen's mind going "nah, let it pass, don't argue"…well done Helen … they have both learned…).
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    They weren't arguing. There wasn't any ill feeling going on. Helen, out of the blue in her wisdom decided that she'd bring Danielle into the conversation in a belittling, piss taking manner.

Why should anyone, not just Ashleigh, allow Helen to change the mood because Helen decided she 'needs' to slag someone off?

I'm glad Ashleigh didn't bite.
  • Options
    BIGM0MMABIGM0MMA Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They weren't arguing. There wasn't any ill feeling going on. Helen, out of the blue in her wisdom decided that she'd bring Danielle into the conversation in a belittling, piss taking manner.

Why should anyone, not just Ashleigh, allow Helen to change the mood because Helen decided she 'needs' to slag someone off?

Well that isn't true - is it?

Ashleighs implied silence on the matter was deafening.
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    Ashleigh isn't stupid and knew something wasn't right with Danielle's persona when Bianca called her out on it. Most likely, Ashleigh didn't confront Danielle with it because she could see Danielle was upset, or didn't want to further blow up Danielle's persona or because it wasn't really any of her business, or she filed it away for later use… regardless I think she handled that situation well and did the same when Helen was trying to get her to say bad stuff about Danielle. I really don't care what the motives were for Helen or Ashleigh but I think Ashleigh, even when drunk, handled the situation well. She didn't lie (she is better off without Danielle) and yet she didn't talk bad about her either--in fact she told Helen to stop it and called Helen out on what she was doing but did it in a playful manner that didn't set Helen off (and maybe Helen is learning to control her temper…you could kind of see Helen's mind going "nah, let it pass, don't argue"…well done Helen … they have both learned…).
    The point Helen was making was that Ashleigh was segregated from the group because she was looking after 'grandma' If Ashleigh felt uncomfortable with Danielle over her exposure by Bianca, surely she could still justify a 6 week friendship and not put ALL the blame on Danielle. Helen also has a past but it has not stopped Ashleigh wanting to be her friend. If the friendship was in anyway real why judge Danielle anyway -unless it's messing with your game plan, I suppose!:p It's sickening that Ashleigh can't own up to her petulant isolation for 6 weeks. Is she now trying to play the little girl innocent card and big bad Danielle made her do it.>:(
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    BIGM0MMA wrote: »

Ashleighs implied silence on the matter was deafening.

In my opinion it is.
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. And why would Ashleigh go of on one what would be the point now.

She said very little back to Helen thats true. But what she did say was telling. She said to Helen while pointing her finger , don't you say that. And also told Helen you've come along way , meaning well done Helen you've kept your mouth closed for a while now. It was funny really Helen responded with ok , i'll rein it in.

Ashleigh basically said enough she covered it. There was no need to kick off , that shows maturity beyond her years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No there wasn't total silence by Ashleigh. My post 160 says exactly what she said an did.
  • Options
    pagingmrhermanpagingmrherman Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like that she admitted how awful Danielle was
  • Options
    BIGM0MMABIGM0MMA Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIGM0MMA wrote: »
    In my opinion it is.

No you're wrong. You've said yourself it's your opinion & it means exactly that - it's an opinion (a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    jp761 wrote: »
    No there wasn't total silence by Ashleigh. My post 160 says exactly what she said an did.

Good luck on that. MOMMA ignores posts when it reveals her anti-Ashleigh agenda dressed up as principles. I'm still waiting for an answer to 120 lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drunk Ashleigh is as cute as a button. She's everything a well rounded housemate should be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck on that. MOMMA ignores posts when it reveals her anti-Ashleigh agenda dressed up as principles. I'm still waiting for an answer to 120 lol.
    I know well we posted them atleast lol No replies tell a story maybe haha lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LochLion wrote: »
    Drunk Ashleigh is as cute as a button. She's everything a well rounded housemate should be.

She really is.

Twice now, we've seen Ashleigh drunk and she is lovely...even when dealing with Hellun who was trying to throw in those Danielle digs.
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe this thread

Ashleigh calling someone a c*nt is 'cute' ? ... really ?

I quite like her but this blind adoration is going too far now
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    LochLion wrote: »

And if this was Helen or even one of the other housemates, there'd be pages more on how vile she/they were to get drunk and tell someone she/they thought they were a c**t but Ashleigh is excused on the pretty and 18 card and is 'cute as a button'. ^_^ As usual one rule for the sainted princess who can do no wrong and another for everybody else. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    Can't believe this thread

Ashleigh calling someone a c*nt is 'cute' ? ... really ?

I quite like her but this blind adoration is going too far now
    Obviously not a great word to ever use. But still differences between using it to abuse in anger behind someones back or to their face. Than saying it in banter when discussing the past as she was doing with Ash.

Helen and Ash both have used that word a couple of times about other housemates , during the time Ashleigh was referring too. Except at the time Helen and Ash actually said it out aloud in anger. It's not a great word fullstop obviously but still these are different situations. That's all i think most people here are trying to point out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    And if this was Helen or even one of the other housemates, there'd be pages more on how vile she/they were to get drunk and tell someone she/they thought they were a c**t but Ashleigh is excused on the pretty and 18 card and is 'cute as a button'. ^_^ As usual one rule for the sainted princess who can do no wrong and another for everybody else. :confused:
    She was talking about the past. Not calling anyone that now. Just now talked more about this in my previous post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lou17 wrote: »
    This blind faith is quite annoying at times, youcan't honestly like or agree with a Hm all of the time????

I adore christina Aguilera, though at times her songs are Shite and she can over sing.:D A true fan can state when something is wrong imo.:confused:

Yes I agree about Christina. In general I don't mind her work but at other times I kind of think she's a bit over-rated by some people.
    She was talking about the past. Not calling anyone that now. Just now talked more about this in my previous post.

You mean just like Helen has said things in the past and which some FM members are still bringing up to use as a stick to beat her with time and time again? Sorry but it's still a very nasty and crude name to call or even think about anybody, no matter what the context or whatever spin you may like to put on it to absolve Ashleigh. It's not one rule for Ashleigh, another for Helen and Ash.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An anti-ashleigh thread by OP everyday, obsessed much ha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope, because she's not intimidating and doesn't scream in people's faces. Same with anyone who vents to a friend or family member about someone or something. She gets things off her chest in a non confrontational manner. Sure, in a perfect world, we'd all go up to people and have it out in a civilised manner but Helen and Ash proved time and again that they weren't capable of it. Recently they've mellowed and are more responsive to criticism so people feel more able to express themselves around them, but are still somewhat wary. Understandably.

Imo, she was telling Ash, she thought he was a c**t, now because she feels a lot more relaxed with him, feels he'll be able to take it without offence, and because the impact is further softened because she's a giggly drunk, unlike Helen who becomes/became aggressive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree about Christina. In general I don't mind her work but at other times I kind of think she's a bit over-rated by some people.

You mean just like Helen has said things in the past and which some FM members are still bringing up to use as a stick to beat her with time and time again? Sorry but it's still a very nasty and crude name to call or even think about anybody, no matter what the context or whatever spin you may like to put on it to absolve Ashleigh. It's not one rule for Ashleigh, another for Helen and Ash.
    Obviously not a great word to ever use. But still differences between using it to abuse in anger behind someones back or to their face. Than saying it in banter when discussing the past as she was doing with Ash.

Helen and Ash both have used that word a couple of times about other housemates , during the time Ashleigh was referring too. Except at the time Helen and Ash actually said it out aloud in anger. It's not a great word fullstop obviously but still these are different situations. That's all i think most people here are trying to point out.

There you go this above. Was my post 170. Sums it all up imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member

There you go this above. Was my post 170. Sums it all up imo.

Point taken. :)
  • Options
    GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You seem extremely bitter about the public's recent love of Ashleigh. Do you know her or have you had a bad personal experience with her, I wonder?

I can't speak for BM, but personally, while I don't mind Ashleigh as a housemate (she's okay; I don't cringe or change channel whenever she's up, she's not Mark) I'll admit to finding some of shriller fans, who seem to see her as a cross between Joan Of Arc, Kylie Minogue and a young Margaret Thatcher, fairly irritating.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly2412 wrote: »
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-53-ashleigh-had-merry-old-time-party

It's good to see her let loose and enjoy herself.

Woooo! :D

Here's the YouTube version, btw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcIK9P9NrOo