Options

Subway. What do you make of it?

guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,894
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is everyone view on subway the food outlet. I'm a big fan of it. I was never hat fuss on it but I'm hooked on it now . Such a great place to get food. It is nice and cheap and great good much better then McDonald's in my view. You can get free refills. Had anyone ever had a bad time there. Four out five for me great place go there .

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They make a great sandwich.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's okay at best. They never put enough meat in it.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i never tried it, am i missing out?
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only tried it once and I wasn't impressed. Just too many choices - I just want a ham sandwich.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant make them out to be honest. Everytime I go past one or theres one in a service station I think the food smells lovely. The few occasions I have bought a sandwich from there it has really disappointed, so tasteless.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guttridge wrote: »
    What is everyone view on subway the food outlet. I'm a big fan of it. I was never hat fuss on it but I'm hooked on it now . Such a great place to get food. It is nice and cheap and great good much better then McDonald's in my view. You can get free refills. Had anyone ever had a bad time there. Four out five for me great place go there .

Neither words I would associate with Subway. Would agree however that McDonalds is worse.
  • Options
    annelieseanneliese Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been in there personally, but I was with my dad when he got a foot-long steak and cheese sandwich, which came to £5.90 which for a fast-food place, without sides or a drink, I found quite pricey.
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pricey and just generally eww.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Subway's great! Their bread is so good and their sandwiches are so fine! :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

Yes :cry:
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    Pricey and just generally eww.

It's the smell that puts me off.

Every one you walk by has the same chemical smell. I dread to think what they use for ingredients and they are not cheap for the size sandwiches they sell
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shite company, shite food! Let's be honest, any establishment that feels it necessary to pump a fake aroma of Oregano into their premises to disguise the BO emanating from their staff and the smell of stale and/or rotten food is never a good place to eat.
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped going since they stopped doing the £1.99 sub of the day. :(
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Depends...if you like generally crap expensive food, then yes you are.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Subway closest to where I work ask you if you want your sandwich cold rather than toasted and then ask if you want any lettuce, tomato or cucumber (as if that's all you're allowed). They are obviously trying to cut costs.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Been disappointed every time I've had one.

Far too many bits and pieces on offer - and they all fall out. And their ham and chicken is all that formed crap, I don't eat that nowadays.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I like to have it now and again for lunch, when I was gluten free I lived on their salads much more filling then other places that sell salads and for a £1 extra they really give you a lot more.
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    It's the smell that puts me off.

Every one you walk by has the same chemical smell. I dread to think what they use for ingredients and they are not cheap for the size sandwiches they sell

This. I dont eat in fast food places anymore albiet with a few exceptions. Subway is one of those places, I refuse to go to. I ordered a chicken terayaki and it was .... vomit....
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're alright. I like the cheesy doritos they sell more than their sandwiches.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Subway's great! Their bread is so good and their sandwiches are so fine! :blush:

Which one do you work in? :D
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Meatball marinara, cheese and toasted, red onions,gherkin,jalapeños, tomatoes,plenty of black pepper and plenty of chilli sauce - the greatest sandwich after a mega melt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    As soon as I found out they had those pointless "sandwich artist" apprenticeships (i.e. underpaid staff) I haven't set foot in one.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    They're alright. I like the cheesy doritos they sell more than their sandwiches.

But you could get those in regular shops?!:confused:
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're OK if you just want a 'mid range' salad bowl that's not too basic or too fancy, and I like a steak and cheese with southwest sauce every now and then. I do think they are a bit on the pricy side though.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why people think it's so pricey. At least here in NI, you can get a 6 inch sub and a drink for £3 or a 12 inch sub and drink for £5. It's a reduced menu for that but it's mostly pretty popular options.

It's not my favourite thing in the world but it's nice from time to time and there's one near my university library so it makes for a quick, cheap lunch during a long study period.