Options

EastEnders | Tuesday 29th July 2014 | Carol's Big Day...BBC TWO 8PM

Comments

• Options
    TayTayTayTay Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, can't wait!
    I think Carol's going to die. Has that weird dark atmospheric feel about it.

I felt like that too!
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Wont be the same if Carol dies :(
  • Options
    Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Yes, can't wait!

Yes. The scene with her prayer was so great, so I think it could be one of her final scenes.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Shirley should have done that in the first place...Mick's not going to fall to bits when he finds out. Besides Dean's the important one right now.

If you want it to stop Sharon then use the front door and stop sleeping with someone you obviously hate. Phil can employ anyone he likes in his bar. Just get your investment back and stand on your own two feet....stop being a martyr.

Carol's scenes were good. I'm still not sure that Charlie's telling the whole truth though.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that, I read that she has signed, a new contract.

vald wrote: »

If you want it to stop Sharon then use the front door and stop sleeping with someone you obviously hate. Phil can employ anyone he likes in his bar. just get your investment back and stand on your own two feet....stop being a marty.

I agree.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed. It'd be brilliant if they managed to keep it quiet.

It'd also free up Charlie's obvious problem of Carol telling Dot once she returns...
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Yes, can't wait!
    Will Carol die and this is the reason for Bianca and the kids leaving?! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, can't wait!
    Feels like Carol will die but I dunno if the bbc would do that...yes people die but surely it'll scare people out of getting breast cancer checks...? Cant see how else she is gonna keep quiet about Nick though...
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Maisie Smith posted a picture of her last day and Lindsey was there dressed as Carol. So she ain't going anywhere folks!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,288
    Forum Member
    Yes, can't wait!
    Carol won't die as Lindsey has just signed another year contract.

Sneaky Charlie, don't trust him at all. >:(

Luving this new Sharon, go on Shazza, take that boldy, angry, red faced down. :D

Whitney's boobies tonight :o:D

No Lauren or Nancy. >:( >:(
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, can't wait!
    Another fantastic performance from Lindsey Coulson. I don't know why everyone thinks she's going to die??

Special mention also to Letitia Dean, Linda Henry and Annette Badland.

Declan Bennett is a great addition to the cast.

Decent episode.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,358
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    Carol won't die as Lindsey has just signed another year contract.

Sneaky Charlie, don't trust him at all. >:(

Luving this new Sharon, go on Shazza, take that boldy, angry, red faced down. :D

Whitney's boobies tonight :o:D

No Lauren or Nancy. >:( >:(

I would trust Charlie with my life :D
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feels like Carol will die but I dunno if the bbc would do that...yes people die but surely it'll scare people out of getting breast cancer checks...? Cant see how else she is gonna keep quiet about Nick though...

It'd be unrealistic on the flip-side to have all people with Cancer in soaps not succumb, though.

Granted Pat and Carol, the same family, in as few years, might be a bit much.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Yes, can't wait!
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Another fantastic performance from Lindsey Coulson. I don't know why everyone thinks she's going to die??

Decent episode.

Completely agree with all of this. Really enjoyed tonight's ep.:D
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, can't wait!

Decent episode.

Ditto, I enjoyed Carol today which I don't always do. Loving Sharon vs the evil tomato and Charlie ducking and diving.

Also glad to see a Dennis mention although a bar seems scant recompense compared to what I expected from Sharon but I guess I'll have to suck it up.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6 J-B Points for the episode
    1/10 Lauren (for the mention)

For someone who has covered up multiple murders in the past, Shirley really isn't the smartest spanner in the Arches... if the smell of one joint sticks to you for hours god knows how long it takes to get the smell of several entire cannabis plants off your clothes.

The chemistry between Carol and that dodgy vicar is sizzling. Absolutely smoking hot couple... unless she croaks it :eek: Which would admittedly solve Charlies little dilemma... and account for Banshee and her awful kids leaving....

Speaking of Charlie, we've learnt more about him in one episode than we have in months :D Really enjoying seeing this play out. And we still don't know exactly what is going down with Nick or who was in the coffin.

More like this episode please Dom.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Yes, can't wait!
    vald wrote: »
    Shirley should have done that in the first place...Mick's not going to fall to bits when he finds out. Besides Dean's the important one right now.

If you want it to stop Sharon then use the front door and stop sleeping with someone you obviously hate. Phil can employ anyone he likes in his bar. Just get your investment back and stand on your own two feet....stop being a martyr.

Carol's scenes were good. I'm still not sure that Charlie's telling the whole truth though.

I don't think Shirley should have burnt it because people would smell it. But yes I suppose Dean is her top priority now :)

I don't think Sharon is sleeping with Phil anymore ;)

Anyway Annette Badland and Linda Henry have impressed me today with their acting.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    I don't think Shirley should have burnt it because people would smell it. But yes I suppose Dean is her top priority now :)

I don't think Sharon is sleeping with Phil anymore ;)

Anyway Annette Badland and Linda Henry have impressed me today with their acting.

That was pretty daft wasn't it.

I think Phil might just get a bit suspicious if sex is off the menu.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, can't wait!
    I would become Shirley's Number One Fan if she spent the next episode walking around like this: :D
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Yes, can't wait!
    They need to make that vicar a regular sharpish! Smoking chemistry,
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crap writing from Katie Douglas shocker. Didn't really feel this episode.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Decent episode.

Agreed. They were just showing how daunting and downright scary going in for a major op like that is, she's going to come out of it changed forever, she's hardly going to be acting normal :(

I do wonder though how they're going to get round Carol's breasts being gone? The actress is hardly flat chested so are they going to strap them down until Carol's supposed to have reconstructive surgery?

It could be argued that Phil was quite sharp Shirley tonight but perhaps he was doing it to force Shirley into telling the truth? Didn't he mention something about secrets not being good (or words to that affect?) so no he wasn't going to help her and it's about time she came out and told Mick who she actually is kind of thing? Or perhaps he's just p!ssed off with her :D Either way, Shirley should just tell Mick. Can't have people like Babe blackmailing you with your secret to keep their dirty secret.

Enjoyed the Charlie Cotton stuff. Just can't get my head round what he's up to and why!
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Yes, can't wait!
    Lindsey Coulson, Linda Henry and Annette Badland knocked it out of the park, brilliant performances.

I actually love the Carter family scenes, they feel very real and natural and the Breakfast Club is awesome so points on that one!

I still find it interesting that it is Shirley who doesn't want Mick to know whereas it is usually the other party who wants to keep it quiet and the mother who wants the child to know, quite an intriguing way around.

So, Phil said to Shirley - 'It's not my fault things are like this between us' and 'secrets have a habit of coming back to bite ya' - interesting dialogue there imo.

I liked Sharon tonight, she has mastered the demon glare at Phil when his back is turned and nice mention of Dennis, i'm not sure i'd buy it if her plan worked because Phil is many things but not stupid, esp with Richie on his side and I can't see they would leave Phil with nothing, unless Rainie hooked up with him again, although this would back Phil into a corner and there wouldn't be much else they could do with his character. There is something going on with Phil bring the wedding forward and hiring Roxy back at the Albert, I can't put my finger on it but I think something may be going down.

The scenes with Carol in the hospital were very moving, Lindsey Coulson is doing this justice imo, but, is this the climax of the cancer s/l now or is there more to come?

Very intrigued by Charlie, I don't buy that, that is the truth. He is an enigma and you can't quite tell where you are with Charlie, I think he has dark side and Carol should probably keep one eye open while he is around..

Linda Henry is brilliant, I like how she is playing Shirley's is confliction between her two sons. She is constantly in the middle of them both, but, tonight she was fighting Dean's corner, even at the risk of Mick finding out and she did the right thing.

Loving Aunt Babe's sinister side, great addition.
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, should have been left in the past!
    0...0 wrote: »
    I would become Shirley's Number One Fan if she spent the next episode walking around like this: :D

Especially if she's also clutching bars of chocolate from the Minute Mart ;-)
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched this.

I know people have issues with this writer but I thought it was a great episode minus a few issues.

Tina. I wouldn't ever call for someone to lose their job but I really hope this character is axed. She is pulling the Carters down. The 40 year old acting like a 12 year old act is annoying.

Loved the Carol scenes and I'm pleased the writers seem to have remembered Dot is Carol and Max's stepmother. So good to see Carol actually looking out for Dot but its been a long time coming. Its just a shame we see so little of Dot these days but as June is almost 90 it can't really be helped I suppose. Wonder what exactly Charlie is planning...

Really enjoyed the scenes with Carol and that Vicar... mmm hello! :p I think they should get him on as a regular. Maybe he could be Carol's ray of light.