Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    This is what I find puzzling - why would TV executives think that "hassled mums" would have time to watch breakfast telly.

I am not a hassled mum and I watch Breakfast while still in bed, (for the news) then get up when the comedy starts on Channel 4.
    These are old repeats so I can have them on in the background without having to pay too much attention.

Surely "hassled mums" are more likely to have the radio on in the background while they pack their little darlings off to school.

Why do you think advertisers dont want to reach you? Commercial tv follows the advertising £. Never fail to be amazed at people who spend 20 hours a week for years on DS pontificating about tv ratings that just dont seem to get the basics.
  • Options
    Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Madeley has spoke out to radio times website about Good Morning Britain

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-07-29/richard-madeley-good-morning-britain-can-turn-things-around
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    431,000 viewers yesterday - 13.4% share.

(Breakfast: 1.4m /40.1%).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »

not looking good for itv
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Thats harsh I dont remember reading comments like this when she was on Breakfast
    Well, having watched her on Breakfast, there was little nodding like a donkey, no funny faces every 5minutes, and little in the way of that concerned look and frown turned on and off like a switch. She was much more natural.
    and I can see why ITV brought her in as she was very popular on Strictly

She also had many detractors from Strictly as well, many on here said that she would be a turn-off after the OTT gurning on Strictly.

Yes, ITV brought her in as I guess they expected her BBC fans to come with her. On the whole they didn't
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »

Bloomin heck!!!

When you think that some BBC Breakfast people probably are a bit put out by the Commonwealth Games overkill, (and might therefore have given GMB a try) that is appalling.

It is ridiculous to set your stall out to appeal to only one type of viewer, Quite simply, there aren't enough 'hassled mums' in the UK to get a decent share of the audience. And it says to everyone else 'This isn't for you',

What is amazing is that the bosses still don't get it.
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what has happened to Charlotte lately but she has adopted this really silly sounding voice which sounds so fake and insincere with all the emphasis on the wrong words.I am sure she wasn't like that before.Bad move and annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A view from Richard Madeley, who thinks that it needs 6 months in order to highlight any issues:
    [Madeley said he thinks Good Morning Britain can turn itself around if it finds what its “point” is but warned that they will not yet know if there is a structural problem with the format.

“On Good Morning Britain he said they will only know in about six months if there is a problem with the show,” added Madeley.

“I’m not sure what their problem is because if you look at it, they’re very confident presenters, the format’s confident and brisk and bright. I think it’s been better now.

“Is there something wrong with it? The answer is I don’t actually know. So I think actually the time to answer that question is probably six months in, then clearly there’s something wrong with the format. But I would say it’s more a format thing than a presenter thing because the presenters are all very good.”

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-07-29/richard-madeley-good-morning-britain-can-turn-things-around
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what has happened to Charlotte lately but she has adopted this really silly sounding voice which sounds so fake and insincere with all the emphasis on the wrong words.I am sure she wasn't like that before.Bad move and annoying.
    Could it be coaching from the ITV PR gurus? Maybe the same group who seem to have got SR to nod and turn on the concerned expression.

At this rate, rather than fixing things they could end up by alienating existing viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So silly voice, nodding head, pulling faces, frowning... Is she for real!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    A view from Richard Madeley, who thinks that it needs 6 months in order to highlight any issues:

Richard Madeley is certifiable. I wouldn't take a single word he says seriously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of feature in Telegraph 'ITV are said to have spent £400,000 bringing Susanna Reid over from the BBC, but it is the chocolate-box pretty Hawkins, poached from Sky News on a wage that was described by one tabloid as being “no more than that of a London head teacher”, who is said to be winning over the viewers.'

The get rid of the annoying Ms Reid and give her the job.. Simple...
  • Options
    molocottagemolocottage Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I never thought I would utter these words but "Please come back, Cheggers"

Watching Andi Peters doing 'Secret Location' this morning on GMB was utterly embarrassing. He's just not a natural. Ditch him, please.

I am so fed up of Andi Peters appearing so frequently interviewing people who have won £5,000. It's just too much!>:(
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Part of feature in Telegraph 'ITV are said to have spent £400,000 bringing Susanna Reid over from the BBC, but it is the chocolate-box pretty Hawkins, poached from Sky News on a wage that was described by one tabloid as being “no more than that of a London head teacher”, who is said to be winning over the viewers.'

The get rid of the annoying Ms Reid and give her the job.. Simple...

I honestly don't know - how much does a London head teacher earn ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Richard Madeley is certifiable. I wouldn't take a single word he says seriously.

Richard has got a point , when daybreak relaunch back in September 2012 it took
    11 months that itv knew that daybreak was still not getting enough viewers, that was when stores about Aled jones getting the axe etc started leaking to the newspapers from august 2013 till march 2014
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard has got a point , when daybreak relaunch back in September 2012 it took
    11 months that itv knew that daybreak was still not getting enough viewers, that was when stores about Aled jones getting the axe etc started leaking to the newspapers from august 2013 till march 2014

All of the show's problems have been pointed out several times in this thread. The show's bosses live in a bubble and do not listen to the viewers (and non-viewers).
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I honestly don't know - how much does a London head teacher earn ?

Good ones earn more than the PM. £150k-£200k IIRC so she`s not exactly roughing it.
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are the ratings done for this type of show as it is impossible to watch for more than half an hour because of its repetitive nature and also because a huge proportion of its viewers will be busy getting ready for work andwould be unable even if they were so inclined to sit there for 2 and half hours or more..........how can so called ratings be accurately measured in a meaningful way for a programme that is dipped into rather than watched?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the show's problems have been pointed out several times in this thread. The show's bosses live in a bubble and do not listen to the viewers (and non-viewers).

Yes, and even if the bosses don't read this thread, and even if they ignore other online feedback in other forums etc, then surely they will be aware of some of the issues already.
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Surely "hassled mums" are more likely to have the radio on in the background while they pack their little darlings off to school.

'...and take it from us, you're doing great!' (Oops. Wrong thread! :D)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Good ones earn more than the PM. £150k-£200k IIRC so she`s not exactly roughing it.

Thanks Straker, I really didn't know as I don't move in those circles.So she could be on about half what SR gets and on a four-day week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

well they did listen by axing daybreak and getting rid of aled matt and lorraine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well they did listen by axing daybreak and getting rid of aled matt and lorraine

We're talking about GMB, not Daybreak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're talking about GMB, not Daybreak.

i know but what i'm saying is its every year stores about set changes etc keep getting leak to the press
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know but what i'm saying is its every year stores about set changes etc keep getting leak to the press

But that's exactly what I mean about them not listening. No-one who matters cares about the sets or the presenters - it's the crappy format that's the problem!