Options

2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,518
    Forum Member
    Very unlikely - he did the U.S. version not long ago and, well, let's just say that he probably wouldn't be too thrilled to meet up with Bruno again.

That jive :o

Let's get last years rumour Curtis Stigers instead- he's kind of Bolton-esque.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgiuda wrote: »
    Tulisa is now being linked to be doing this series

Highly unlikely, as it would be likely to tarnish the show and expose it and the BBC to bad press:

Sex tape scandal

Admission in court of cannabis use

Admission in court of having connections with drug dealers

Admission in court that an ex-boyfriend was a major cocaine dealer

Admission in court of selling crack cocaine as part of a gang

And finally, conviction for assault

Far too toxic
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very unlikely - he did the U.S. version not long ago and, well, let's just say that he probably wouldn't be too thrilled to meet up with Bruno again.
    Was that really only four years ago? It seems much longer.

I agree Michael probably wouldn't want to see Bruno again, but I thought the biggest problem was the routine Chelsie choreographed to Hound Dog - putting Michael in a dog kennel and waving a dog biscuit at him was kind of humiliating.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    memmh wrote: »

I agree Michael probably wouldn't want to see Bruno again, but I thought the biggest problem was the routine Chelsie choreographed to Hound Dog - putting Michael in a dog kennel and waving a dog biscuit at him was kind of humiliating.

I seem to remember him demanding Bruno to issue an apology for his comments afterwards. God help him if he'd have had to have faced Craig...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd love them to do a guest week of Craig judging DWTS. Those poor, fragile egos!

Part of the reason I can never fully get into DWTS is because they're just too nice (and the routines are choreographed at about 60 mph with fifteen lifts per minute) to celebrities who blatantly cannot dance.

Maks vs. Craig would truly be a battle of the ages.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Highly unlikely, as it would be likely to tarnish the show and expose it and the BBC to bad press:

Sex tape scandal

Admission in court of cannabis use

Admission in court of having connections with drug dealers

Admission in court that an ex-boyfriend was a major cocaine dealer

Admission in court of selling crack cocaine as part of a gang

And finally, conviction for assault

Far too toxic

But it's ok for the BBC to employ someone like Gregg Wallace and give him a huge media career and consider giving him a place on Strictly - a man who has a conviction for football hooliganism, who has rather a questionable private life which he doesn't always keep private if his twitter page and boastings to the media are anything to go by and someone who was involved in a public brawl as recently as last year!
    memmh wrote: »

I don't think Michael and Chelise were very well suited - there was a definite clash of the generations & I remember thinking he looked like he was dancing with his daughter. I just think Chelsie being very young & was ill equipped to cope with his very diva like ways. Mind you a young/old pairing can work - I remember thinking Witney did very well with Drew last series of DWTS - but Drew was a very nice, easy to get along with person and it was just a one off dance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »

I don't think Michael and Chelise were very well suited - there was a definite clash of the generations & I remember thinking he looked like he was dancing with his daughter. I just think Chelsie being very young & was ill equipped to cope with his very diva like ways. Mind you a young/old pairing can work - I remember thinking Witney did very well with Drew last series of DWTS - but Drew was a very nice, easy to get along with person and it was just a one off dance.

Michael & David were my two pre-season favourites on the male side that year (although there was no way they could compete with Florence Henderson and Margaret Cho in my affections) and they were the first two out.

I've no idea why The Hoff was the first out (well, he was the worst dancer and trained for about fifteen minutes) but I thought the ironic, "vote for the worst" approach to voting (and his legendary status) might have helped keep him around. It's not unfeesible he could do Strictly- he only learned one dance which is the same as Harry, Kara, Jade and Fern. Imagine that.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we assume the format this year is identical to last year's (i.e. 13 weeks of live shows) then the launch show will be on 6 September, with the celebrities' official confirmation coming on The One Show on Monday or Tuesday.

By this time last year the following had been named (from memory): Abbey, Dave, Fiona, Julien, Natalie, Sophie, Tony and Vanessa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/493672/Channel-4-say-no-to-Kirstie-Allsopp-s-Strictly-Come-Dancing-dream

No Kirstie Allsop (well, until 2016). Was desperate to sign-up for this year but C4 bosses have forbade it.
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/493672/Channel-4-say-no-to-Kirstie-Allsopp-s-Strictly-Come-Dancing-dream

No Kirstie Allsop (well, until 2016). Was desperate to sign-up for this year but C4 bosses have forbade it.

Thank goodness for that!

Am I the only one wondering about the likelihood of Thom Evans given that we had another rugby player last year? They usually like to mix the sports up a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Camis wrote: »
    Thank goodness for that!

Am I the only one wondering about the likelihood of Thom Evans given that we had another rugby player last year? They usually like to mix the sports up a bit.

From what The Sun said, Thom was their first choice last year but was reluctant as he was in a relationship and based in LA. I guess they'll take him if they get him (which goes for probably most heterosexual women who clap eyes on him, and a fair few men too!)

But yeah, I'm not too fussed about Kirstie. It's not been long enough since our last Tory battleaxe :o
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I think we may see some commonwealth stars this year..max Whitlock perhaps?
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    I think we may see some commonwealth stars this year..max Whitlock perhaps?

Nah, Usain Bolt is nailed on to do it this year
  • Options
    R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    Lamballe wrote: »
    Last year, the BBC confirmed the line-up September 1st, and released the launch show trailer September 3rd (proof - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzuOrP8HDk) so I'm guessing that's the kind of time we're looking at this year, too.

Aw right, dunno why I thought it would be August. Just hoping it would be probably lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    But it's ok for the BBC to employ someone like Gregg Wallace and give him a huge media career and consider giving him a place on Strictly - a man who has a conviction for football hooliganism, who has rather a questionable private life which he doesn't always keep private if his twitter page and boastings to the media are anything to go by and someone who was involved in a public brawl as recently as last year!

OK, match the footy hooliganism (some time ago when he was a teenager) with the very recent assault conviction.

That still leaves a number of very recent (within the last couple of weeks) drugs and drugs dealer admissions to set against "issues in his private life".

Now I might be out of step with public opinion (although I really doubt it on this issue), but when you have open court admissions of Class A drugs use, dealing and connections with drugs dealers, that trumps any private indiscretions (including any incident arising from another man groping his girlfriend, an incident which didn't even result in police involvement, never mind a court appearance and subsequent conviction)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »

God help us - a Lisa Riley clone by the look of it - I had to look her up to find out who she was and what she was famous for.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alison Hammond is a Goddess so don't mind her TBH <333

U go girl :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Alison Hammond is a Goddess so don't mind her TBH <333

U go girl :D

I saw Big Brother mentioned, my expectations dropped.

Then I saw I'm A Celebrity… Get me Out Of Here!', 'Celebrity Fit Club' and 'Celebrity MasterChef'. My heart sank
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I saw Big Brother mentioned, my expectations dropped.

Then I saw I'm A Celebrity… Get me Out Of Here!', 'Celebrity Fit Club' and 'Celebrity MasterChef'. My heart sank

Her fans will support her by saying that at least she has had a job on This Morning for a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I quite like Alison Hammond...

Yeah she's low rent but so was Vanessa "Wife Swap, Celebrity BB, Ultimate BB" Feltz!

Robin will be quaking in his slippers this morning, won't he?

I doubt they'd have two primarily ITV ex-IACHMOOH! contestants, though.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, match the footy hooliganism (some time ago when he was a teenager) with the very recent assault conviction.

That still leaves a number of very recent (within the last couple of weeks) drugs and drugs dealer admissions to set against "issues in his private life".

Now I might be out of step with public opinion (although I really doubt it on this issue), but when you have open court admissions of Class A drugs use, dealing and connections with drugs dealers, that trumps any private indiscretions (including any incident arising from another man groping his girlfriend, an incident which didn't even result in police involvement, never mind a court appearance and subsequent conviction)

I wasn't really comparing Gregg's dodgy past and recent indiscretions with Tulisa - I'm not a fan of Tulisa but I used to think she's ok but now to me she's someone whose thrown a promising career away through sheer arrogance and stupidity and it's also a shame she spoilt her natural good looks through excessive, unnecessary cosmetic work. I think she sets a poor example so I agree she shouldn't appear on the show - at least until she's cleaned up her act.

I was just pointing out the BBC are far from sqeaky clean when it comes to some of their employees!
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,105
    Forum Member
    YES ALISON :D I know I'm going to sound like what was described up there, yes she started on Big Brother, but I do think that she's gained a career in her own right now.

12 years on from her original BB series and she's still interviewing people like Britney Spears for This Morning and let's face it, she's more known for that than being 2nd out of BB all those years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    YES ALISON :D I know I'm going to sound like what was described up there, yes she started on Big Brother, but I do think that she's gained a career in her own right now.

12 years on from her original BB series and she's still interviewing people like Britney Spears for This Morning and let's face it, she's more known for that than being 2nd out of BB all those years ago.

I knew you'd be happy with this ;)

I agree! We all liked Kimberley Walsh and she came from an ITV reality show.

She'll be a hoot!

EDIT-

According to Google she's 5'10 :o Brendan, Anton or Tristan, perhaps?
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,105
    Forum Member
    Plus anyone that snaps picnic tables is my friend.