Options

Is Ashleigh destined to follow in the footsteps of Deana and Gina?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 786
Forum Member
✭✭
Most popular female housemate.
Going extremely strong until the last 1 or 2 weeks.
Has campaigns for her to win and massive fan bases.
Popularity gets to her head towards the end.
Does something or a string of things that sends her on a catastrophic downward spiral.
Dislike from the public builds up against her at literally the final hurdle.
Remaining fan base only strong enough to get her to 3rd position.

I see this as a real possibility and if so, it will be the 3rd year running!

(Didn't really watch BB12 so don't know what really happened there! It may be 4 years or more running!)

Comments

• Options
    rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aishleyne and makosi (more so makosi) fit this pattern as well , I think it's interesting how the third placed housemate is almost always more interesting and talked about then the top 2
  • Options
    Wrestling_fanWrestling_fan Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Christopher is gonna win or Winston.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rorybb wrote: »
    Aishleyne and makosi (more so makosi) fit this pattern as well , I think it's interesting how the third placed housemate is almost always more interesting and talked about then the top 2

Ah yes, they do fit that pattern. Wonder why the strong female characters who many people are claiming "have it in the bag" always ruin it for themselves at this point and come 3rd?!
  • Options
    JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can only hope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, they do fit that pattern. Wonder why the strong female characters who many people are claiming "have it in the bag" always ruin it for themselves at this point and come 3rd?!

I think it's because the audience just won't accept a strong female as a winner in the last few years , especially someone like DEana who was intelligent and beautiful , or gina who was eloquent beautiful and rich , it you want to win big brother as a woman you need to be a "girl next door" type , like Josie , Sophie , Kate or Rachel ( though I think Rachel had a much tougher and unlikely victory then the others) nadia was a bit different because of her storyline , and the cbb winners can be much more extreme because of the condensed time frame and the fact that people seem to forgive them the more extreme behaviours (thankfully) I mean , could you imagine a woman like Denise or Charlotte winning a normal bb series?
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,614
    Forum Member
    Yes probably. Couldn't stand any of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    especially someone like DEana who was intelligent and beautiful , or gina who was eloquent beautiful and rich

Gina was eloquent, beautiful, and rich!? I don't think these (non existent imo) traits had anything to do with her not winning.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't stand Gina so I think she did well to get 3rd :p

Deana I really liked, but Luke A beat her in each public vote they had :D

Ashleigh can still win, no such thing as destiny, if she swats Helen in the gob destiny goes out the window and she gets removed from the house to a standing ovation :D
  • Options
    geppsdoodgeppsdood Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be a real shame for Ashleigh. I'll be honest, I've never liked her and she's always been one of my least favourite. My favourite is Chris. And one little misinterpretation can turn hundreds of people against him, which I think is pathetic. I don't like Ashleigh, but if one little argument with Christopher is turning everyone against her, I think it's also pathetic. I'd like to see her fans stay loyal and not be as damn fickle as a lot of the Chris fans have been.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd also like to add that even though I don't like her, she's still been a major part of this series, so she definitely deserves to be there til the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's because the audience just won't accept a strong female as a winner in the last few years , especially someone like DEana who was intelligent and beautiful , or gina who was eloquent beautiful and rich , it you want to win big brother as a woman you need to be a "girl next door" type , like Josie , Sophie , Kate or Rachel ( though I think Rachel had a much tougher and unlikely victory then the others) nadia was a bit different because of her storyline , and the cbb winners can be much more extreme because of the condensed time frame and the fact that people seem to forgive them the more extreme behaviours (thankfully) I mean , could you imagine a woman like Denise or Charlotte winning a normal bb series?

Yes exactly, it's somewhat a shame that the public will only accept the girl-next-door type as a female winner.

And you're right - if Denise or Charlotte were in Normal BB their antics would eventually lead them to a huge fall from grace and they would potentially come out to boos!
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Firstly Gina Rio was none of those things and Sophie Reade was hardly the girl next door type. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why are you making it out as a sexist thing. When was the last time a "strong" male won Big Brother? It's simple, the person who wins Big Brother is usually the one with the most broadly likeable personality. The one who has the least bad side to them. That's why Gina didn't win. That's why Kamal didn't win. It's why Science didn't win. It's why Aisleyne didn't win. It's why Nick Bloody Bateman didn't win. It's not a sexist thing against strong women. Gina may have been popular, but she had a lot of very unlikable qualities.
  • Options
    Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this might happen. Think she may have peaked too soon.

I wanted to her to win but it's amazing, it only takes a small thing to put you off someone and the way she spoke to Christopher and then expected him to apologise to her has really soured the way I think of her.

I'm thinking Winston is the dark horse here, coming up on the outside. I'd hate him to win, personally as I can't bear to see him doing that bloody flexing his muscle thing at the top of the stairs whilst fireworks go off.

I'm in danger of switching my allegiance to Christopher - a decent man.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sadly yes either one will win. My money is on Winston he is a typical male winner. Not deserving but has kept out of the way just enough to do it. I'm voting Helen though. She may not have faced eviction - not the only contestant in the history of BB as it happens despite the moaning - but she sure as hell has had a journey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly Gina Rio was none of those things and Sophie Reade was hardly the girl next door type. :o

I think most people would consider her at the very least pretty , and the rich thing was what was believed whether it was ever actually true or not. Sophie became the girl next door type by gaining loads of weight , not wearing make up and being unthreatening
  • Options
    rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In my opinion Winston has been this years worst HM for entertainment, even Tamara has entertained more than him.....
  • Options
    CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need to ensure Ashleigh wins with a pile of votes rather than another vanilla winner.Lest I remind people of this travesty http://static.tellymix.co.uk/files/2013/06/big-brother-2013-housemates-g-11-250x250.jpg
  • Options
    Alpha32Alpha32 Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who and who?
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    It's tempting for me think that her support is soft and could easily evaporate without much provocation. That's because I find her rather cold, immature (yes I know she's 18) and frankly a bit dull. Not the worst or most annoying HM this year but way overrated here.

Trouble is I don't think the opposition is up to much either.
  • Options
    Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's going to be another round of vote-rigging to get Ashleigh to win? Wouldn't that be a REAL travesty?

I do think she may have peaked too soon, but she's still playing the game - trying to turn the public against Christopher yesterday, maybe whispering to Helen today that she DOES find Chris creepy... She's not a fragile princess who has to be kept in cotton wool. If she's going to win or lose, let her do it herself.
  • Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Ashligh is destined to follow in the footsteps of Sam Evans and be the worst winner of all time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    geppsdood wrote: »
    Why are you making it out as a sexist thing. When was the last time a "strong" male won Big Brother? It's simple, the person who wins Big Brother is usually the one with the most broadly likeable personality. The one who has the least bad side to them. That's why Gina didn't win. That's why Kamal didn't win. It's why Science didn't win. It's why Aisleyne didn't win. It's why Nick Bloody Bateman didn't win. It's not a sexist thing against strong women. Gina may have been popular, but she had a lot of very unlikable qualities.

Get off this forum, you're too sensible. It's a sexism thing, damn it. Every time a woman loses it's goddamn sexism!

Seriously though.. that Luisa segment was the most sexist thing I've ever seen. If that was a man referring to women as piggy's etc there'd be outrage.

Anyway, back on topic.. with Gina and Deana, I disliked them from the very start. The negatives that shone through in the final weeks were just the characteristics that were always there.. it was just that people didn't seem to see them.

I don't get that feeling with Ashleigh. She's bratty, disloyal and can be nasty.. but I don't think she's inherently nasty. She knows when she's in the wrong and has some degree of empathy; something that I felt Deana/Gina lacked. She has a better chance than those two, for sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    I think most people would consider her at the very least pretty , and the rich thing was what was believed whether it was ever actually true or not. Sophie became the girl next door type by gaining loads of weight , not wearing make up and being unthreatening

Are you saying Gina is pretty? I'm not the kind of person to make petty remarks about people's appearances.. but all I will say is I certainly couldn't agree with that.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gina Rio was an arrogant bitch, and was favoured by the tasks that BB gave her. Ashleigh and Deana have both been brow-beaten by bullies and not helped by BB. Otherwise, I agree that Ashleigh probably won't win.