Options

Re-watching BBUK 11 - The Josie/John James series

MySkassMySkass Posts: 893
Forum Member
✭✭
I gave up on the current series a couple weeks ago as I'm tired of the shenanigans and all that crap and decided to re-watch BBUK11 - the last of the C4 series. Oh my God - how I miss the original format.

One thing I noticed is the people I liked back then, I CAN NOT stand and some I disliked and realized I misjudged them.

Josie: Liked her back then, but realize what an annoying, game-playing b*tch she really was. I'm OK with her being a game-player because BB is a game, but I did not realize how mean she was to JJ. Clearly, the girl had some self-esteem issues, but what a jealous cow she was. And that thumb-sucking - yuck. Hope that gross habit has been sorted out by now.

JJ: Argumentative and tedious. Although I knew he had low self-esteem back then, I did not realize how bad it was. Being friends with Josie did not make it better for him as he was too attached to her and she used it against him. His attachment to her was his doing, but I think the way she manipulated him considering his fragile state was vicious.

Shabby: Disliked her then. Although I still find her tantrums incredibly annoying and her behavior OTT, I think she was the kinder or the Shabby/Caoimhe duo.

Caoimhe: Moody b*tch then/ Moody b*tch now.

Ben Duncan: Thought he was eccentric, posh and bitchy then. Now: What a selfish, annoying ****. Major user! I remember after his first argument, he kept telling people to stick by him all day so he's not alone. I would have said "man up!"

Dave: Disliked him then for being a freeloading, bible-toting, fake-laughing preacher. Still dislike him for being a freeloading, bible-toting, fake-laughing preacher. Plus he's a mouth breather. I wondered why he always seems to be panting.

Jo: OTT with make-up, catch phrases, etc. Still think so and can't understand half of what she says because every other word is "like".

Rachel (2nd): Indifferent. Just noticed she sounds almost like that idiot Mark of the current series.

Rachael: Misunderstood. She was just boy crazy. Glad she ended up with Nathan. He'd treat her well.

Nathan - Liked him then, still like him.

Sunshine - She annoyed me then, but she was cool. Unchanged.

Mario: Desperately seeking for love - creepy vibes. Everyone's friend. Unchanged.

Back to the JJ/Josie pairing. Josie thought there was no way someone like JJ would go for her as she felt he was too good for her due to his looks. In a way, she was right. He was too good for her because he cared for about her than she ever cared about him.

Comments

• Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    The producers turned that series into a disaster as well.

Some things never change :D
  • Options
    Wayne_BWayne_B Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved BB11
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MySkass wrote: »
    I gave up on the current series a couple weeks ago as I'm tired of the shenanigans and all that crap and decided to re-watch BBUK11 - the last of the C4 series. Oh my God - how I miss the original format.

One thing I noticed is the people I liked back then, I CAN NOT stand and some I disliked and realized I misjudged them.

Josie: Liked her back then, but realize what an annoying, game-playing b*tch she really was. I'm OK with her being a game-player because BB is a game, but I did not realize how mean she was to JJ. Clearly, the girl had some self-esteem issues, but what a jealous cow she was. And that thumb-sucking - yuck. Hope that gross habit has been sorted out by now.

JJ: Argumentative and tedious. Although I knew he had low self-esteem back then, I did not realize how bad it was. Being friends with Josie did not make it better for him as he was too attached to her and she used it against him. His attachment to her was his doing, but I think the way she manipulated him considering his fragile state was vicious.

Shabby: Disliked her then. Although I still find her tantrums incredibly annoying and her behavior OTT, I think she was the kinder or the Shabby/Caoimhe duo.

Caoimhe: Moody b*tch then/ Moody b*tch now.

Ben Duncan: Thought he was eccentric, posh and bitchy then. Now: What a selfish, annoying ****. Major user! I remember after his first argument, he kept telling people to stick by him all day so he's not alone. I would have said "man up!"

Dave: Disliked him then for being a freeloading, bible-toting, fake-laughing preacher. Still dislike him for being a freeloading, bible-toting, fake-laughing preacher. Plus he's a mouth breather. I wondered why he always seems to be panting.

Jo: OTT with make-up, catch phrases, etc. Still think so and can't understand half of what she says because every other word is "like".

Rachel (2nd): Indifferent. Just noticed she sounds almost like that idiot Mark of the current series.

Rachael: Misunderstood. She was just boy crazy. Glad she ended up with Nathan. He'd treat her well.

Nathan - Liked him then, still like him.

Sunshine - She annoyed me then, but she was cool. Unchanged.

Mario: Desperately seeking for love - creepy vibes. Everyone's friend. Unchanged.

Back to the JJ/Josie pairing. Josie thought there was no way someone like JJ would go for her as she felt he was too good for her due to his looks. In a way, she was right. He was too good for her because he cared for about her than she ever cared about him.
    What you mean with the almighty C4 stitch-up where all of Josie's real competition got annihilated?

LMAO - they were no better than this lot :D
  • Options
    bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes happy memories ........The duvet was brilliant ..........Can't remember anyone else though.
  • Options
    dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    Lol at JJ caring for Josie. He cared about those mag deals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know everyone was there for something, but I still feel she used him. The series was more fun and not a parade of filth like we have this series.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the main impetus about the live feed.
    "live feed Josie" was nothing like the Country life Josie the producers wanted people to see and crown the Winner. I never once believed the act when someone could cry like that over Govan those early weeks they would sit in the bathroom and come out with some plan out he would trot and the stirring began.

I just wish that entire conversation Josie had with Caoimhe just before she walked out had been played because Josie knew the wording being used would see Caoimhe leave.
    she didn't even try and act shocked when she left. "doing it for the big girls"... yep that lasted long didn't it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    What you mean with the almighty C4 stitch-up where all of Josie's real competition got annihilated?

True, but I've not reached that part yet. I'm on Ife's eviction. Even for it's crap, it was miles better than this garbage today.

And for some reason, I've developed a strong dislike for Emma.
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    You were indifferent or disliked everyone, but LIKED Nathan of all people?? He is a definite Bottom 10 contestant of all time for me.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I remember I used to support the Keeva/John James friendship and I can't remember why, I haven't seen it since 2010. I just remember disliking Josie from near the beginning - but there was no one I would have wanted to win anyway, Coirin was too annoying for me and Sam wasn't in long enough but I do recall he bowed down to JJJ in the end anyway so made no difference.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember I used to support the Keeva/John James friendship and I can't remember why, I haven't seen it since 2010. I just remember disliking Josie from near the beginning - but there was no one I would have wanted to win anyway, Coirin was too annoying for me and Sam wasn't in long enough but I do recall he bowed down to JJJ in the end anyway so made no difference.

It was a lot more natural than Josie and John-James. that was the main reason she created that conversation with Caoimhe knowing that was her out the door.
    always remember various housemates coming out the DR saying "oh they asked a lot of Questions about that guess that's a big story". convinced that's what happens now its not HM's are given a script they are selecting HM's they know are easily controlled and given them huge hints about what they want and HM's are providing the material.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most hilarious part of the series was Rachael returning and giving John James a topless massage, and him calling her a **** basically.. and than him bricking it Nathan would hurt him so he got a phone call to calm him down otherwise he would've left.. if that happened this series you can imagine the reaction..
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Yes happy memories ........The duvet was brilliant ..........Can't remember anyone else though.

..:D..
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I don't think I liked any of the housemates that year. Can anyone remind or enlighten me as to why Dave came second? He was odious, if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Glory!!!!!
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    danielleh wrote: »
    I don't think I liked any of the housemates that year. Can anyone remind or enlighten me as to why Dave came second? He was odious, if I remember correctly.

Because BB evicted Coirin, Sam and John James - all HMs who could have at least challenged Josie's easy ride to victory a week before the final. Who was she left with as a competitor in the end? It was hilarious really.
  • Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Sam Pepper as ninja was the greatest Live Feed ever.

:cool:
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Correct. It was risable what the producers did then and are still doing now. The debacle that was the Josie / JJ Show totally turned me off BB for the next two years. >:( I just about tolerated last years and am in too far in now with this excuse of a show to bow out, but I most certainly am finished with this incarnation of Big Brother.:(
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MySkass wrote: »
    True, but I've not reached that part yet. I'm on Ife's eviction. Even for it's crap, it was miles better than this garbage today.

And for some reason, I've developed a strong dislike for Emma.
    Oh well, maybe this year when the contract's up they'll shut the show down and this forum will follow.

Then the serial complainers will be happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, maybe this year when the contract's up they'll shut the show down and this forum will follow.

Then the serial complainers will be happy.

Wouldn't that be almost everyone who watches the show and feels bad at the sad decline.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    That was the main impetus about the live feed.
    "live feed Josie" was nothing like the Country life Josie the producers wanted people to see and crown the Winner. I never once believed the act when someone could cry like that over Govan those early weeks they would sit in the bathroom and come out with some plan out he would trot and the stirring began.

I just wish that entire conversation Josie had with Caoimhe just before she walked out had been played because Josie knew the wording being used would see Caoimhe leave.
    she didn't even try and act shocked when she left. "doing it for the big girls"... yep that lasted long didn't it.

My 'lovely Josie' LF special moment was when Dave the monk had to regularly make porridge-style gruel as a task and the HMs had to eat a bowl each. They are all sitting round the table trying to cope with swallowing it and Josie pipes up "This takes like spunk."
    Oh the looks on faces:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    My 'lovely Josie' LF special moment was when Dave the monk had to regularly make porridge-style gruel as a task and the HMs had to eat a bowl each. They are all sitting round the table trying to cope with swallowing it and Josie pipes up "This takes like spunk."
    Oh the looks on faces:o

God she was/is grim and vulgar.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    It was a lot more natural than Josie and John-James. that was the main reason she created that conversation with Caoimhe knowing that was her out the door.
    always remember various housemates coming out the DR saying "oh they asked a lot of Questions about that guess that's a big story". convinced that's what happens now its not HM's are given a script they are selecting HM's they know are easily controlled and given them huge hints about what they want and HM's are providing the material.

I just watched the episode where Caoimhe leaves and JJ is upset and crying. Even as she was leaving, most of the HMs gathered by the door to say goodbye and you see a shot of bitchy Josie who couldn't care less - sitting outside on her own smoking. What a pathetic loser. I think she felt she'd won because Caoimhe left, but I don't see it that way. C was unhappy, missed her bf and did not want to be there anymore. Maybe if she had more friends, she would have lasted longer, but she's a strong-minded person and Josie did not really have any input in her leaving - Josie just wants to believe that.

Speaking more of Josie's ugliness - after C left and JJ was sad - she barely said/did anything to comfort him. He eventually went into the hut and cried. Even if JJ did not like C, she should have been decent enough to comfort her bf in the house. Too bad JJ had his emotional baggage and could not see past her. Maybe his friends let him know to drop her after they got out of the house.

Whether or not he was using her to get into mags, she was a loudmouth, insecure b*tch and he was too good for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB11 started off really well (though I didn't like the gimmick of choosing the housemates from the crowd.) They seemed a good, lively mix, with no one too horrible. Mario was really great as a mole, though never great again, and John James was an interesting villain/ hero, alternately shouting at Rachael for nothing, and laughing when all his pizzas were thrown on the floor. Shabby/ Keeva/ Ife quickly formed rather a charming group, Ben was funny, Sunshine had a certain charm, even Steve seemed rather likeable.

It all went to ratshit quite early on though. They openly goaded Shabby to leave, obviously seeing that she was barely coping (she barely went to bed most nights) and setting up a special 'make Shabby have a melt-down' task. Ben got bitchier and less funny. Keeva seemed a bit of a hard-boiled egg after a while, John James got more and more morose, and once Shabby and Keeva had gone, there were no more interesting ongoing stories. Only a good task or two stopped the whole of the second half being a waste of time. It all goes to show how much luck and skill are needed to keep a series good all the way through.