Options

Mum aged 44 seduced friend's son, 14, but escapes immediate prison sentence

Comments

• Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    zounds wrote: »
    It is wrong either way, but I think it's less of a big deal for males having sex with older females, so yeah I do hold double standards.

So its all right to abuse 14 year old boys now, how about 13?, 12?, how about 11 years old?, Garry glitter must be rubbing hands together with excitement.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    So its all right to abuse 14 year old boys now, how about 13?, 12?, how about 11 years old?, Garry glitter must be rubbing hands together with excitement.

He abused girls.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    The term "Rape culture" is often thrown around by feminists. Ive seen it defined as rape normalised, joked about, down played. Well if you want to see an example of real rape culture read the posts so far in this thread and imagine them being used about a 14 yr old girl raped by a 44 yr old friends father.
    Before anyone piles in with a woman cant rape a man/child, thats a great example of the normalising and downplaying by the state.
    Go and read the comments on the Daily Mail webpage of the story, or any tabloid come to that. Imagine any of it being allowed up on the comments pages if it was about a young girl.
    If you want an example of real rape culture you could do no better.
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The term "Rape culture" is often thrown around by feminists. Ive seen it defined as rape normalised, joked about, down played. Well if you want to see an example of real rape culture read the posts so far in this thread and imagine them being used about a 14 yr old girl raped by a 44 yr old friends father.
    Before anyone piles in with a woman cant rape a man/child, thats a great example of the normalising and downplaying by the state.
    Go and read the comments on the Daily Mail webpage of the story, or any tabloid come to that. Imagine any of it being allowed up on the comments pages if it was about a young girl.
    If you want an example of rape culture you could do no better.

Well said.
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So why is it that a 14 year old girl would be traumatized by sex with an older person while a 14 year old boy might not?
    A young male wanting to sow his seed and accepting any learning opportunity he can get just doesn't seem as bad to me as a young girl getting pierced by some older geezer who should know better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    He abused girls.
    Boys as well, but that has no relevance.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    A young male wanting to sow his seed and accepting any learning opportunity he can get just doesn't seem as bad to me as a young girl getting pierced by some older geezer who should know better.

Rape apology 1.01.
  • Options
    Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    disgusting..... she should have been given a prison sentence, she sexually abused a boy of 14 (forget whether or not he 'enjoyed' it) - she is an adult and he is a CHILD....... don't read the Mirror..... I hope she has a SO (prohibition) order put on her, as well as spending a min. of 10 years on the SOR........

If this is good enough for a man to receive than it should be more than good enough for a woman to have the same sentence applied to her... how many men are in prison for the same offence?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Early Bird wrote: »
    how many men are in prison for the same offence?

There are men in prison for doing a lot less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You have a very backwards view of women, that they are gentle fragile creatures, like a bunny wabbits that need protecting.
    Even your style of writing changes when you broach the subject of man abusing women, read what you wrote, its quite concise until you get towards the end and it descends into a sneering rant.

Child abuse, is child abuse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rape apology 1.01.
    Oh come off of it, are you really saying that when you were a 14 yr old boy and if a 19 year old female came onto you, you would have wanted her done for child abuse or rape?

If a 19 year old Male sleeps with a 14 year old girl tho' it is different imo, the male is abusing the girl. I can't be the only one who thinks that way? Perhaps I am heh

I just don't think a boy would be as emotionally affected as a girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    that they are gentle fragile creatures, like a bunny wabbits that need protecting.
    Perhaps.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "My thing was only throbbing and rampant and ready for a racy older woman to fall onto because I was thinking of my Meccano kits, honest m'lud."
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    It should not matter whether the boy enjoyed the experience or not - the point of the law is to prevent those too young to give proper adult consent from being abused. Girls may also enjoy the experience of being seduced by an older man - there should be no difference in the way we look at this type of offence (or sentence it) based on the sex of either the victim or the perpetrator.

I also worry that the sentence was not only influenced by the fact is was a woman doing the abuse, but also that she was drunk. I sincerely hope not.

In any event, I would like to see the judgement to get some sense of why the judge pitched this so low... and a review of the sentence as well.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is just another example of why movements such as feminism benefit males too. One of the things feminism disagrees with is patriarchy and it's that which makes cases like this get taken less seriously. It 'teaches' us that the 14 year old girl is the abuse victim and the 14 year old boy is a 'lucky git'. It's what applies that double standard - men are manly right and want to sew their seed so they can't possibly be the victim in a case like this? It's an extremely harmful mindset.

Of course she should have got an equal sentence as to if the gender roles were reversed.
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come off of it, are you really saying that when you were a 14 yr old boy and if a 19 year old female came onto you, you would have wanted her done for child abuse or rape?

No doubt some 14 year old girls don't want their 19 year old sex partner done for child abuse. It's still against the law though and should be treated the same both ways.
    If a 19 year old Male sleeps with a 14 year old girl tho' it is different imo, the male is abusing the girl. I can't be the only one who thinks that way? Perhaps I am heh

I just don't think a boy would be as emotionally affected as a girl.

Surely if the man or woman aren't forcing themselves on the child then it's the same thing. What's the difference? An under-age boy wanting sex with a woman or an under-age girl wanting sex with a man. In both circumstances the adults should know better and should be dealt with the same why by the law.

Also what you you think about an under-age boy having sex with a man, or an under-age girl having sex with a woman. How do they fall on your scale of badness?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is quite unbelievable. I'd bet a large chunk of notes that she'd have been sent to prison if she had been a man. Absolute double standards by the court. The judge is a moron.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    time to lower the age of consent, problem solved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    patriarchy

I knew it would be their fault again.

*facepalm*
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mmm, not really. All that was needed was for her to be jailed.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    What is abuse? I'm sure there are lots of 14 year old girls who fantasize about being seduced by an older man. It's either right or wrong - make your mind up but don't hold double standards.

I think gender roles and societal expectations make these instances a bit more complex than trying to simply reverse the situation into "What if...?" scenarios and cite double standards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a thread dealing with child abuse, it can be dressed up with humour and a nudge nudge wink wink but if the offender had been a man or the sexes reversed i'm prepared to guarantee there would have been almost none of these replies rather a litany of hang em and flog em type quotes perhaps from some of the same posters.

We have no idea how the child feels or how he'll feel in the future although we do know how the woman who brought him into this world and cares for him feels.
  • Options
    AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    I doubt he was complaining. I also doubt any lasting harm has been done.

Yes that's why it went to court. He didn't complain. :confused:

This post is appalling.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member

You're not the only one, no, but legally it's the same offence so it should have the same punishment.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes, lets make it 10 years old.;-)