Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    At least the Olympics had The Who.

Touché ;-)
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't tell what the real audience is up to. All you're seeing are the athletes and the stage cool rentacrowd wannabees.
  • Options
    Guy_WelbournGuy_Welbourn Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    hansue wrote: »
    Yes it was Little Eva. Im old enough to remember that. Preferred it to Kylies version.

Lulu had a big hit with it in the 60's
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kylie isn't really relevant anymore but that's not usually factor at these type of things
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Love Kylie! ❤️
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's become the Kylie show. Boring. So many excellent Scottish singers/bands could have been on. This has really annoyed me. :-(

I guess the decent Scottish bands didn't want to do it. I'm sure they would have been asked.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Deacon Blue.

Oh lord, no!
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think this works that well with the guitars.
  • Options
    Zorah88Zorah88 Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    nw0307 wrote: »
    I guess the decent Scottish bands didn't want to do it. I'm sure they would have been asked.

Probably not enough money left on the pot after paying kylie
  • Options
    matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lot of Glasgow haters on here. If you don't like it, other channels are available! :D
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,966
    Forum Member
    What would rescue this for me is Alex Salmond giving a speech, cut short by a Glasgow Kiss from Paddy Ashdown.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    lol. I was the most unobservant person ever. My friend kept saying "I think this is another gay bar" and I just kept saying "oh I don't think so" and not noticing women snogging each other at the bar and on the dancefloor. The best was when we entered a pub that was full of 70 year old gay men with mustaches all dancing to "I was a male stripper in a go go bar" and I still didn't catch on :o:D

I know what you mean a mate and me walked into a brothel in France once, we didn't catch on until we had to pay for 2 beers that cost a sodding fortune and in the corner 6 half naked women were playing cards. We shot out of there like a cork out of a champers bottle!
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    john denver would have done a better concert
  • Options
    2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    It's become the Kylie show. Boring. So many excellent Scottish singers/bands could have been on. This has really annoyed me. :-(

I like Kylie, so I'm enjoying this, but I get your point. Really should have had more big Scottish performers.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

Quite a lot of them are on tour.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time she shouts Glasgow I'm reminded of the Bill Bailey sketch with Marilyn Manson shouting Milton Keynes....
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend's posting photos live from this and they look like people are having more fun than what we're seeing. She's part of the Cayman team
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suppose they wanted a big singer as it is going to Australia, and who better than Kylie. She is their biggest export since neighbours :D
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please stay on Kylie, the first part of the ceremony was so boring !
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member

But Scotland's role as hosts has now ended and the new hosts are now Australia - hence Kylie.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ended with a bit of a wimper. Here's Tom.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Kylie is trying to out-do Ken Dodd!
  • Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now it goes downhill
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,728
    Forum Member