Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Yeah, except then there's stuff like this:

@LittleMix jade if you could release another single from dna what song would you choose?��

@LittleMix
    going nowhere xxjadexx

When there's Love Drunk, Red Planet, Madhouse, PIO and Stereo Soldier on that album :o? Oh Jade...
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When there's Love Drunk, Red Planet, Madhouse, PIO and Stereo Soldier on that album :o? Oh Jade...

Hahahah! Red planet & madhouse would be the only acceptable answers in my book.
  • Options
    john1995john1995 Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    siriusrose wrote: »
    Hahahah! Red planet & madhouse would be the only acceptable answers in my book.

PIO and stereo soldiers for me specially PIO. still haven't got over that
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    john1995 wrote: »
    You are not alone in that wish..:(
    I would also have been happy with any of LD, SS or Madhouse...

Edit:- I am really hoping the girls will be as "experimental" with this next album - though of course with a more mature range of tracks to go with their much improved talents...
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I for one love Going Nowhere, it's very smooth not upbeat not slow just a chilled song, love it.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    To be honest, i'm still not overly keen on it. I think their name has been a largely overlooked sizeable obstacle in the way of them being taken seriously, amongst other things. I really think it's a bit of a lead weight and continues to be so... we might have got used to it but people first hearing about them (particularly older punters) will be having those same feelings we had at first. It sounds 'kiddy/teen pop band' not 'female vocal group'. Doesn't exactly have the same ring to it as 'Destinys Child' or 'En Vogue'.

As we all know, first impressions are everything.

I think the name holds them back a bit at this stage but will do more further along. They are fun girls and physically pretty slight so the Little works for now, but it would put people off I think. Rhythmix was far worse though.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    john1995 wrote: »

Hear hear!

Sales

59 Cher Lloyd 6,483
    67 Clean Bandit ft. Stylo G 5,417
    69 Drake 5,368
    70 Little Mix
    71 Eric Prydz 5,214
    92 Kove ft. Melissa Steel 3,905

66 Partynextdoor 1,560
    68 Blues Pills 1,550
    71 Pumeza 1,496
    89 Little Mix

Nice that we got positions immediately around Salute this week. Put another 5200 in the till for Salute for a total of 153,000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    You are not alone in that wish..:(
    I would also have been happy with any of LD, SS or Madhouse...

Edit:- I am really hoping the girls will be as "experimental" with this next album - though of course with a more mature range of tracks to go with their much improved talents...

I'm starting to get the feeling that while its very admirable to stick to your guns, it only works if you are making good choices. I'm not 100% sure the girls make the right choices with their singles and they may actually be part of what's holding them back.

Speaking of experimental, maybe Jesy shouldnt have been so quick to dismiss that producer wanting them to try a country influence. Dolly Parton's album has been Top 5 ever since Glastonbury, which tells me there are people in the UK receptive to that sound. I wouldnt expect LM to sing about double wide trailers in a Tennessee accent or anything but at least try things out. It may lead to something else outside of their bubble.

Its not my thing either, but I find bluegrass very similar to Irish and Scottish music which makes sense considering how that part of the country was settled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 Neon Jungle 7,785

Good chart position but lousy album sales. Nevertheless, all UK girlgroups over the last few years have had Top 10 album peaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--dcvq9yZM8 Queen Leigh has her moment
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to hearing their 1st Single from Album 3.

Since Move was fantastic. That was announced on 19 September 2013 with the first play on Radio 1 the following Monday. So unless they are doing two pre album singles I think it will be the same timescale as Move was.

Also will they continue the 1 word First Singles?

WIngs - Move - ?
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    have you guys ever noticed wings and salute have the same backing vocals? I noticed that the other day when one track played right after the other, listen closely its basically the same thing, the harmony that starts salute is almost identical to the one they use in wings
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    DreC wrote: »

When she brought up her 2011/2012 throwback nickname, Fresh Princess ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have you guys ever noticed wings and salute have the same backing vocals? I noticed that the other day when one track played right after the other, listen closely its basically the same thing, the harmony that starts salute is almost identical to the one they use in wings

Good find they're similar, I was listening to Wings today and pacifically to the backing vocals but I never made the connection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to hearing their 1st Single from Album 3.

Since Move was fantastic. That was announced on 19 September 2013 with the first play on Radio 1 the following Monday. So unless they are doing two pre album singles I think it will be the same timescale as Move was.

Isnt the consensus here that it may have hurt their album sales to only have one single out before the album? I wonder if they could squeeze another single out a week before the album like the DNAs did. (Eh forgot that Wings was released in late August, so nevermind).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May hurt first week sales but not overall, 2nd, 3rd, 4th singles are meant to keep the album selling. A great 2nd single after the album's release could be beneficial.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May hurt first week sales but not overall, 2nd, 3rd, 4th singles are meant to keep the album selling. A great 2nd single after the album's release could be beneficial.

Change Your Life and Little Me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change Your Life and Little Me.

I said a great 2nd single
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I snorted juice up my nose laughing at this.

I hope they do the two-lead single thing. But I no longer hope for nice things. I'll settle for them coming out with something that surpasses Move in every single way.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

wah wah wah
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot probably found out about this years ago... but on ASCAP there's a song called 'Living Life' written by the girls.

I'm guessing it's from the 'DNA' era. The title it too tedious not to be.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt the consensus here that it may have hurt their album sales to only have one single out before the album? I wonder if they could squeeze another single out a week before the album like the DNAs did. (Eh forgot that Wings was released in late August, so nevermind).

I'd like them to put out a lead in September and then a 2nd before album launch (like the week before so it has a chance of charting well). There will for sure be an X Factor spot. Although Salute + BGT has shown us that Little Mix benefit a lot from a big TV performance so I could see Syco wanting to launch the album with one. If they could delay the release date til end November then we could have had 2. But that hope has gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot probably found out about this years ago... but on ASCAP there's a song called 'Living Life' written by the girls.

I'm guessing it's from the 'DNA' era. The title it too tedious not to be.

It may be from the Salute album runup, if you look at the Work ID: 885778104. The DNA titles are all around 884- - - - - - except for the late registrations.

Iain James and MNEK cowrote it. The alternate titles are
    DON'T CALL ME BABY
    LIVIN' LIFE
    NEKEJ MI BABY
    NERKEJ MI BABY
    WE OWN THE NIGHT <-- Like that one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Natch-ohs"