Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Jon Gaunt slagging off LBC on Twitter to big up his own (internet, not real radio) show:

"@XXXXXXXXXX its going to be massive mate real talk radio not pony liberal lefty @LBC"

I'm actually going to e-mail that to JR, in case he gets any foolhardy ideas about employing this nincompoop in the future.

Edit - done!

That's the funniest thing I've heard for an age.
    Yep, those well known wet liberal lefties Stewie, Nick, Julia, Andrew Pierce and David Mellor.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You drive a hard bargain Mr Chin. Okay, if you exclude Twass (from t'other thread as well) from the sexy girls you are going to pass my way. I think we have a deal !

If you are in agreement. Shake on it *I spit into my palm* (not sure what that does it, but I have seen it done on the telly!).

:o:o :cry: *Runs of to find bio hazard suit*
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't Nick Ferrari stay quiet and listen when he's talking to people? It's so rude of him to keep clicking his mouse and shuffling paper while someone speaks. Also he should get his lungs checked out, his heavy breathing sounds most unhealthy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    Why can't Nick Ferrari stay quiet and listen when he's talking to people? It's so rude of him to keep clicking his mouse and shuffling paper while someone speaks. Also he should get his lungs checked out, his heavy breathing sounds most unhealthy.

How odd of Nick. I thought he was manners personified, as are the rest of the LBC presenters with the very big exception of one.
  • Options
    lordlozlordloz Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »
    ott ww1 coverage today. not a word of criticism or historical analysis, or at least very little beyond the official version.

had to laugh at iain dale today , he says he wont talk to terrorists (hamas) and is then picked up by a guest who tells him he's out of touch with regard to hamas's current policy and terms for peace. unsurprising. definitely no jon snow.

I don't quite agree Nick had a look at the reasons behind the outbreak of WW 2 after WW 1 with an historian and mentioned that again this morning...wasn't rushed and don't think it was an "official" version (whatever that might be)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Yes! And a big old reel-to-reel tape recorder and a stack of papers scrawled in green biro where he's been doing "monitoring" ;-)

All pasted into a big scrapbook, with a big pink heart on the cover, with "I LUV JAMEZZ" written in it, in silver glitter.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Received a nice prompt 'Thanks for letting me know' reply from JR2, in response to my telling him about ex-radio presenter Jon Gaunt's attempts to belittle LBC.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »

He also likes muttering under his breath when he disagrees with the person he is talking to. It's very rude and I don't know why he can't wait for them to make their point and then challenge what they had to say.
  • Options
    radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    How odd of Nick. I thought he was manners personified, as are the rest of the LBC presenters with the very big exception of one.

The worst thing Ferrari does is make 'asides' when callers are talking to him. It's damn rude - but what do you expect from someone from the gutter press?
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Received a nice prompt 'Thanks for letting me know' reply from JR2, in response to my telling him about ex-radio presenter Jon Gaunt's attempts to belittle LBC.

Do you feel it was personal or just a standard response?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"LBC are delighted to announce that Jon Gaunt has signed up a 10 year contract to be it's new mid morning show presenter."

:D

Gaunt quoted: "Yeah yeah yeah let's get Leading Brrrrrrrrrritish Conversation rrrrrrrrocking yeah yeah yeah, rrrrring me up you morrrrrrons!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "LBC are delighted to announce that Jon Gaunt has signed up a 10 year contract to be it's new mid morning show presenter."

:D

Gaunt quoted: "Yeah yeah yeah let's get Leading Brrrrrrrrrritish Conversation rrrrrrrrocking yeah yeah yeah, rrrrring me up you morrrrrrons!"

"Todays topic 'Immigrants, bad or bad?' Phone in now to tell me why they should all go home."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    "Todays topic 'Immigrants, bad or bad?' Phone in now to tell me why they should all go home."

Don't forget the, "But don't be racist" line.
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the, "But don't be racist" line.

Nor the 'my best friend is a ...(fill in ethnicity).... line '
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A weird headline - 'Qatar airways inflight suspicious item' announced ----yet in full knowledge that the plane had safely landed 15mins ago .

:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A weird headline - 'Qatar airways inflight suspicious item' announced ----yet in full knowledge that the plane had safely landed 15mins ago .

:confused:

Qatar airways is not a dry airline That or the Heinekens I had were flying mirages.

Theo you could have simply googled before coming out with whacky theories .Lazy journalism par excellence.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duncan Barkes ‏@DuncanBarkes 2h
    V pleasing new listening figs to my LBC show. Sun nights we have the biggest share of listening in London, beating all inc. Radio 4 & 5Live.

Cristo Foufas ‏@cristo_radio 2h
    Thrilled that my weekend show on @LBC is at a 22% audience share beating every other radio station! Am very chuffed, so thank you!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    V pleasing new listening figs to my LBC show. Sun nights we have the biggest share of listening in London, beating all inc. Radio 4 & 5Live.

Thrilled that my weekend show on @LBC is at a 22% audience share beating every other radio station! Am very chuffed, so thank you!!!

Oh christ.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you feel it was personal or just a standard response?

I would say it was short, but meaningful.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst thing Ferrari does is make 'asides' when callers are talking to him. It's damn rude - but what do you expect from someone from the gutter press?

I've not heard the paper rustling, but I agree completely about the muttering and asides, also about the rather disrespectful forms of address he uses sometimes - personally, I don't really like "Ms.", but if that's what the caller/guest prefers, why not just do it, instead of sneeringly addressing them as "Mzzzzzzzzz"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    I've not heard the paper rustling, but I agree completely about the muttering and asides, also about the rather disrespectful forms of address he uses sometimes - personally, I don't really like "Ms.", but if that's what the caller/guest prefers, why not just do it, instead of sneeringly addressing them as "Mzzzzzzzzz"?

It shows you how out of touch Jon Gaunt is to refer to LBC as "Lefty", when it's just the sort of station he would prosper in, given it's right wing agenda.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »

I remember quite recently he kept calling one woman "Madam". She retaliated by calling him "Sir" and our Nick didn't like it, though to be fair he did start laughing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6.30 LBC Morning News - Lisa Aziz gives YOU the news that LBC wants YOU to hear - sponsored by The Conservative Party
    7 Nick Ferrari - 3 hours of Murdoch apologising and talking to his Tory mates
    10 James O'Brien - hang wringing as usual about his public education
    1 Julia Hartley Brewer - What's your favourite champagne?
    4 Iain Dale - Dull Drivetime radio, including Dale's Diary - an hour with a Tory mate, each day
    8 Clive Bull - What is your favourite Twix?
    10 Duncan Barkes - Shouty night time radio with constant legal IDs
    1 Olly Mann - What was your favourite public school?
    4 Steve Allen - Why bother?
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member

Jeez....perhaps listeners like being Barked at. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    6.30 LBC Morning News - Lisa Aziz gives YOU the news that LBC wants YOU to hear - sponsored by The Conservative Party
    7 Nick Ferrari - 3 hours of Murdoch apologising and talking to his Tory mates
    10 James O'Brien - hang wringing as usual about his public education
    1 Julia Hartley Brewer - What's your favourite champagne?
    4 Iain Dale - Dull Drivetime radio, including Dale's Diary - an hour with a Tory mate, each day
    8 Clive Bull - What is your favourite Twix?
    10 Duncan Barkes - Shouty night time radio with constant legal IDs
    1 Olly Mann - What was your favourite public school?
    4 Steve Allen - Why bother?

I WISH!

Clive hasn't done that type of show in many years now, when did you last listen?
This discussion has been closed.