Options

The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• Options
    guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rambler80 wrote: »
    The actor who played the beaten up kid in hospital was recently Ronny Biggs in ITV's Mrs Biggs.

Holly Davidson (Roz Clarke) appears to now be a personal trainer.

http://www.hollyactive.com/

I remember before holly Davidson join the bill she was in a kids TV programme called renfford rejects about a poor football team who always list she left to join the bill ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I meant renford rejects...
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    No, it went out for sure on 17th July at noon and presumably in its repeat slots too. The only episode omitted recently was A Week Of Nights Pt 1.

Thanks, i must have missed that one then, or i can't remember seeing it, as i record them all to VCR, and watch them back when ive got a tape full, while ive got another on recording.

All i can remember from the last one i watched was, where it shows you whats coming up in the next episode, it showed Dave being back, and he was stood outside somwhere looking around, and Tony saying 'he was loosing it again', i also remember it showed that Tyro kid, so that may have been the first part of it, as i never saw the Dave or Tony part in the 2nd.
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Thanks, i must have missed that one then, or i can't remember seeing it, as i record them all to VCR, and watch them back when ive got a tape full, while ive got another on recording.

All i can remember from the last one i watched was, where it shows you whats coming up in the next episode, it showed Dave being back, and he was stood outside somwhere looking around, and Tony saying 'he was loosing it again', i also remember it showed that Tyro kid, so that may have been the first part of it, as i never saw the Dave or Tony part in the 2nd.

It is confusing that some episodes around this time started with "previously on The Bill", some with "tonight on The Bill" and others with nothing at all. Plus at the end they have "next time on The Bill". It's easy to lose track, I find.
  • Options
    nostalgic62nostalgic62 Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    How ironic in a recent episode on Drama, I think one of the officers when referring to a graffiti artist said that he puts Rolf Harris to shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    It is confusing that some episodes around this time started with "previously on The Bill", some with "tonight on The Bill" and others with nothing at all. Plus at the end they have "next time on The Bill". It's easy to lose track, I find.

Yeah it is confusing, i found it though, the first part, as i remember what happened now, the tape i was recording onto buggered up, it kept stopping after about a minute or so while recording, so i had to pop another one in, but id managed to get 2 episodes onto it before that started happening, and those 2 episodes were 'Still Crazy', where Dave came back, and 'Complicit'y part 1, so i'll get them watched sometime today. :)
    How ironic in a recent episode on Drama, I think one of the officers when referring to a graffiti artist said that he puts Rolf Harris to shame.

Yeah i remember that one, im surprised they never cut that bit out :D
  • Options
    tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Sky Guide the eps from 2000 are back on Watch channel this Saturday 6.10am
  • Options
    highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    tubzy2001 wrote: »
    According to Sky Guide the eps from 2000 are back on Watch channel this Saturday 6.10am

I checked the Watch homepage and sure enough they appear to be running 4 back to back episodes from series 15 on Saturday morning. They would normally repeat the week day episodes (which of course in now onto series 21).

I might be wrong but maybe they listened to the complaints about jumping those years and will now play 2 eras of The Bill. Series 21 Monday to Friday and series 15 on a Saturday morning.
    I reckon this would be unlikely and the chances are the series 15 episodes scheduled on Saturday morning are a mistake! ^_^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ive just had a look on my Virgin EPG, it says series 16 episodes 27, 28, 29 and 30, which means they will miss the Eddie Santini episodes. The last episode from Series 16, was 18, which was the beginning of a three part storyline iirc, not sure why they would bring it back and jump 10 episodes. They really have made a mess of it on Watch.

I will still record them though :blush::D
  • Options
    highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    Ive just had a look on my Virgin EPG, it says series 16 episodes 27, 28, 29 and 30, which means they will miss the Eddie Santini episodes. The last episode from Series 16, was 18, which was the beginning of a three part storyline iirc, not sure why they would bring it back and jump 10 episodes. They really have made a mess of it on Watch.

I will still record them though :blush::D

Oh geez, You better not try to follow the Watch website then. Just had another look on their TV guide. According to that, on Saturday morning, the 4 episodes are 'Series 15, episode 86 "Wheels"- episode 89 "Blurred Around the Edges". Considering series 15 only had 87 episodes?!?. Those mentioned episodes are actually series 16, episodes 29-32.

As regards Friday August 8th 10am episode, they have it down as series 21, episode 91:
    "Tony Stamp and Yvonne Hemmingway rouse Smithy, who's slumped over the wheel of his crashed car. Yvonne reluctantly arrests him for drink driving"

Series 21, episode 91 should be more like:
    ."Tony and Leela deal with a suspected mugger and refer the case to Ramani and Terry. Mickey and Zain investigate the case of a burning man thrown from a moving car and trace the victim to a crystal meth cook-house. Lance goes undercover at a local gay bar and finds that the crystal meth is being dealt there. Lance's boyfriend, Mark, plans to leave the Met. Terry has doubts about his relationship with sister-in-law Lucy".

I have too much time on my hands tonight!! :blush:

But they're really struggling with accurate info at the moment on Watch.

"Next on The Bill.....As Tosh Lines considers his future in the force, is it finally the end of the road for Gabriel Kent" :D:D See what I did there?? ;-)
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episode information from Watch is probably accurate. All the online episode guides & the DVD releases use the format of 1 year = 1 series of The Bill, ie. Series 15 = 1999.

However, the internal production order is different, as can be seen from the information that Watch have released. Since nobody from Fremantle has ever bothered to publish that information, the fans pretty much just adopted the year/series format.
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    However, the internal production order is different, as can be seen from the information that Watch have released. Since nobody from Fremantle has ever bothered to publish that information, the fans pretty much just adopted the year/series format.

Makes it easier to understand it would get really confusing otherwise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh geez, You better not try to follow the Watch website then. Just had another look on their TV guide. According to that, on Saturday morning, the 4 episodes are 'Series 15, episode 86 "Wheels"- episode 89 "Blurred Around the Edges". Considering series 15 only had 87 episodes?!?. Those mentioned episodes are actually series 16, episodes 29-32.

As regards Friday August 8th 10am episode, they have it down as series 21, episode 91:
    "Tony Stamp and Yvonne Hemmingway rouse Smithy, who's slumped over the wheel of his crashed car. Yvonne reluctantly arrests him for drink driving"

Series 21, episode 91 should be more like:
    ."Tony and Leela deal with a suspected mugger and refer the case to Ramani and Terry. Mickey and Zain investigate the case of a burning man thrown from a moving car and trace the victim to a crystal meth cook-house. Lance goes undercover at a local gay bar and finds that the crystal meth is being dealt there. Lance's boyfriend, Mark, plans to leave the Met. Terry has doubts about his relationship with sister-in-law Lucy".

I have too much time on my hands tonight!! :blush:

But they're really struggling with accurate info at the moment on Watch.

"Next on The Bill.....As Tosh Lines considers his future in the force, is it finally the end of the road for Gabriel Kent" :D:D See what I did there?? ;-)

:D:D:D:D lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Todays episode saw Tony Stamp have another pop at Jim Carver about his past mistakes involving his alcoholism, in the form of banter, he just won't let it lie :D, its good writing though as someone as judgemental and grumpy as Stamp would be like that. Usually in soaps the writers forget about past stuff.

Ray Von from Phoenix Nights was in todays ep :D
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guttridge wrote: »
    I remember before holly Davidson join the bill she was in a kids TV programme called renfford rejects about a poor football team who always list she left to join the bill ....

Quite fit, I seem to recall ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bill this past week seems to be poor but next week will be very good with Micky football thugs one
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Todays episode saw Tony Stamp have another pop at Jim Carver about his past mistakes involving his alcoholism, in the form of banter, he just won't let it lie :D, its good writing though as someone as judgemental and grumpy as Stamp would be like that. Usually in soaps the writers forget about past stuff.

Ray Von from Phoenix Nights was in todays ep :D

The nurse in the hospital where Dave and Polly took that baby was Kate Lonergan from Maid Marian and Her Merry Men
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    The nurse in the hospital where Dave and Polly took that baby was Kate Lonergan from Maid Marian and Her Merry Men

Oh yes, i remember her from that, it was a kids program, but it had a bit of humour for adults :D
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    guttridge wrote: »
    The bill this past week seems to be poor but next week will be very good with Micky football thugs one

It doesn't help that this weeks episodes have concentrated on two very dull characters
    Oh yes, i remember her from that, it was a kids program, but it had a bit of humour for adults :D

It was far too good for the little brats

Mark Billingham who played Gary, one of the sherriff's guards is now more famous as a crime writer. Two of his novels featuring DI Tom Thorne were dramatised for Sky back in 2010
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Sgt. Boyden in Terry and June yesterday, he was Sir Dennis' chauffeur.
  • Options
    merrim01merrim01 Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea hopefully things will pick up, this period hasn't been great the last couple of weeks, no wonder the figures dipped at the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the likes of polly page or Ben Haywood are up to know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Weak episode today, although i thought Dean Lennox-Kelly was good as the stuttering simpleton.

Some of Series 17 episodes are a bit weaker than Series 15/16, but i'm still enjoying The Bill, i don't remember a lot of the episodes from first time around, so its like watching a new series for me. Some of the episodes still hold up and are better than some of the rubbish that is on these days imo.
  • Options
    mpondmpond Posts: 5,072
    Forum Member
    tubzy2001 wrote: »
    yes it looks like it just watching it wonder if they are showing them on saturday mornings?
  • Options
    tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've complained to uktv this morning and will be receiving a call from them next week as to why they are messing about with The Bill as next Saturday they are back to 2006 episodes