Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,600
    Forum Member
    MK184 wrote: »
    The butter advert with the very annoying guy dancing round his kitchen to "Gold" by Spandau Ballet.
    He then turns round to find his kids filming him.

"Don't put it on YouTube" - SHUT UP!!!

And both their young children have Iphones :o One must be about 6 >:(
  • Options
    skimpy_scampiskimpy_scampi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The insurance advert with the couple around a dinner table with friends showing holiday photos.
    She's on the back of a scooter with Estabal, or whoever, with him in the background waving his arms. ""Don't leave me"
    ....... I'm surprised he hasn't already ditched her.. her voice is so annoying.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Say what?

Listen next time its on.
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnan wrote: »
    Why does she give him a look like she has caught him doing something he shouldn't?

I can only think it is because he hasn't got his seat belt on, but what has that got to do with the product being advertised?

I thought it was because he was dressed in pyjamas!
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the advert for some home insurance company (Direct Line I think) where the idiot dad is playing on the Wii with his daughter, and he hits the TV with the remote and knocks it over. What annoys me is how he makes no effort to stop it from falling!
    He then almost knocks over a tray of drinks his wife is bringing in!
  • Options
    sickparrotsickparrot Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MK184 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the advert for some home insurance company (Direct Line I think) where the idiot dad is playing on the Wii with his daughter, and he hits the TV with the remote and knocks it over. What annoys me is how he makes no effort to stop it from falling!
    He then almost knocks over a tray of drinks his wife is bringing in!

Men=Idiots in the world of advertising.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,600
    Forum Member
    That Kindle ad >:(
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnan wrote: »
    Why does the fawning girlfriend say "like peas in a pod" at one point?
    what's she on about?

I presume its meant to be they were meant to be (chosen ones) "like peas in a pod" thats my take on it could be wrong!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I hate that ad ... 'Dad's voice' >:(

The editing is appalling..... Glitter all over the table, next shot it's all gone and no glitter on the picture :o And they use the 'Princess' word >:(

Is that the one they speak about the "father" and how he pronounces words? ie Strawberries? :confused: (the one I possibly heard could be the radio ad)
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I presume its meant to be they were meant to be (chosen ones) "like peas in a pod" thats my take on it could be wrong!
    "As alike as peas in a pod" is just a saying to denote people (or other things) being very alike. So "chip off the old block" or "like father, like son" and similar clichés could be inserted into that ad without anyone noticing... or caring. :D

I detest the Esteban "don't leave me" ad - what a ghastly woman. Ditch her now, (ex)boyfriend... run and don't look back. Appallingly, that (and any) ad is designed to appeal to a specific market so there are obviously lots of women like that out there...

But - on the subject of ghastly women in ads - there's a holiday insurance ad on in the early evenings where some perky OAP (with varicose veins and bunions, if I remember correctly) is discussing her OH's golfing holiday. As she waves him off, she turns to the camera with a dreadful, horrible, coy, faux surprise expression and says "Me? I'm off the Venice with the girls..." Well, first, no one asked you or cares. And secondly, I suspect you're off the Venice with your contemporaries... and in which case, they're not 'girls' - they're OAPs like you.

Silly woman. But... that ad is designed to appeal to a specific market (blah blah) so there must be a lot of girlie OAPs out there.

And both of those ads are designed to appeal to women so I'm guessing that holiday insurance is mostly purchased by women.
  • Options
    jim_lyonsjim_lyons Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chesney Hawks and the dancing monkeys - a truly terrible advert for a truly slimy company in a truly appalling industry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jim_lyons wrote: »
    Chesney Hawks and the dancing monkeys - a truly terrible advert for a truly slimy company in a truly appalling industry.

Yeah and Chesney of all people to give them a thumbs up APR of 1999% (something like that) :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    "As alike as peas in a pod" is just a saying to denote people (or other things) being very alike. So "chip off the old block" or "like father, like son" and similar clichés could be inserted into that ad without anyone noticing... or caring. :D

I detest the Esteban "don't leave me" ad - what a ghastly woman. Ditch her now, (ex)boyfriend... run and don't look back. Appallingly, that (and any) ad is designed to appeal to a specific market so there are obviously lots of women like that out there...

But - on the subject of ghastly women in ads - there's a holiday insurance ad on in the early evenings where some perky OAP (with varicose veins and bunions, if I remember correctly) is discussing her OH's golfing holiday. As she waves him off, she turns to the camera with a dreadful, horrible, coy, faux surprise expression and says "Me? I'm off the Venice with the girls..." Well, first, no one asked you or cares. And secondly, I suspect you're off the Venice with your contemporaries... and in which case, they're not 'girls' - they're OAPs like you.

Silly woman. But... that ad is designed to appeal to a specific market (blah blah) so there must be a lot of girlie OAPs out there.

And both of those ads are designed to appeal to women so I'm guessing that holiday insurance is mostly purchased by women.

Thanks for correcting me .... but then again all things TV these days its all about stereotypes than being real with it all!
  • Options
    Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    The constant repetition of the East Coast Mainline ad! It was a clever concept to start with - having what looks like different rooms in a house - but I am getting increasingly irritated by it! The worst is the man carrying two mugs of coffee who just walks into the woman without even an "Excuse me"!
  • Options
    Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    notin wrote: »
    Oak furniture land....."gold for the price of silver".......urghhhhhh.

You mean ARRRRRRR!!!! :D
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I hate that ad ... 'Dad's voice' >:(

The editing is appalling..... Glitter all over the table, next shot it's all gone and no glitter on the picture :o And they use the 'Princess' word >:(

And so hypocritical with all the poor health McDonalds junk food causes >:(
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ad for Belvita breakfast biscuits.
    Another incredibly annoying little girly voiced childish song.

How I so wish this silly little girly voiced song trend would end! >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Adverts always manage to use the most annyoing songs possible
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    The ad for Belvita breakfast biscuits.
    Another incredibly annoying little girly voiced childish song.

How I so wish this silly little girly voiced song trend would end! >:(>:(>:(

And that awful ITV advert advertising equally horrid soap operas.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    That Go Ahead biscuit advert. It's just a total mess
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Adverts always manage to use the most annyoing songs possible
    Estrella ad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That animated one with the boy and the cookie head. Pretty damn creepy. :o So is the one with that bubble man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    And that awful ITV advert advertising equally horrid soap operas.

Well they pretty much spot on regarding their soaps though - more about fairytale fantasy than try and keep it accurate to life Happy Emmerdale After can't remember Corrie's one but its stupid really just advertise them normal than go overboard with it all
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a new Trivago ad.
    Same twee girly voice, but a couple this time.
    So loved up, they can't even be apart to brush their teeth. 'rolleyes'
  • Options
    sn1975sn1975 Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    It's not often that I truly dislike an advert but I really can't stand the National Express "Silver Lady" advert - probably just me :)
This discussion has been closed.