Options

Sian Lloyd ''Quits ITV''

ftvftv Posts: 31,668
Forum Member
✭✭✭
ITV has confirmed that long-standing weather presenter Sian Lloyd has left the network after 24 years. Her agent said she was pursuing ''new opportunities'' filming for ITV, BBC and S4C and doing corporate and charity work. She also runs her own internet weather web site. ITV said she had left of her own volition.

- The Sun

Comments

• Options
    singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Quits" is the keyword so left on bad terms?
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could make a career out of guessing.
  • Options
    ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,856
    Forum Member
    Oh.......................
  • Options
    ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martyn Davies has gone already so this was inevitable consideing the length of time shes been on air. BBC have none of their veteran presenters left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohglobbits wrote: »
    Martyn Davies has gone already so this was inevitable consideing the length of time shes been on air. BBC have none of their veteran presenters left.

Surely this is not an ageism issue ? I would have thought senior and experienced presenters would be just what a broadcaster would want, not kids fresh out of school.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More likely it demonstrates that the older, more experienced weather people have either decided that they want to move on to other things (having performed the same or similar job for long enough), or that they are winding down their workload.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times has one read a performer is pursuing ''new opportunities'' and they are never heard of again ?
  • Options
    evolution202evolution202 Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    How many times has one read a performer is pursuing ''new opportunities'' and they are never heard of again ?

Maybe because "new opportunities" doesn't have to mean "new opportunities in the public eye"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe because "new opportunities" doesn't have to mean "new opportunities in the public eye"

Yet her agent says she's working for BBC, ITV and S4C so we should see the result of her labours soon.Usually they say ''exciting new opportunities.''
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    ohglobbits wrote: »

Him aswell? So sad to hear that two of ITV's longest running weather forecasters have left, in the space of a minute. They've been there forever!
  • Options
    Chris_WilsonChris_Wilson Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    Him aswell? So sad to hear that two of ITV's longest running weather forecasters have left, in the space of a minute. They've been there forever!

Martyn Davies left 2 years ago but this is an end of an era
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Nostlagic wrote: »

makes me curious if were going to see a new fangled updated supposedly better service..
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or she may just have left to pursue other opportunities, as stated, as she wanted to try something new as we all do at some stage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Person does stuff" would be a more appropriate headline, putting this 'news' into context.
  • Options
    Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV weather presenters get so little airtime (except Laura Tobin on Good Morning Britain) that I'm surprised she's stayed there as long as she has.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie10 wrote: »
    ITV weather presenters get so little airtime (except Laura Tobin on Good Morning Britain) that I'm surprised she's stayed there as long as she has.

Seems to still be a popular gig though with several younger presenters moving there in recent years like Becky Mantin and Lucy Verasamy. Although that may be a factor in her leaving. In recent times you hardly saw her on the national weather with the aforementioned 2 women seeming to take her place.
  • Options
    zandarzandar Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricard Angwin, who did the weather on BBC Points West (Bristol) 'retired' only to turn up a week or two later as the weatherman on Al Jazeera.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to still be a popular gig though with several younger presenters moving there in recent years like Becky Mantin and Lucy Verasamy. Although that may be a factor in her leaving. In recent times you hardly saw her on the national weather with the aforementioned 2 women seeming to take her place.

I always thought it was by choice that she reduced her appearances. Lucy and Becky are the two best there now. It's a real shame Sian Lloyd has left.

Laura Tobin is by the far the worst ITV Weather presenter.
  • Options
    singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like many trade their wife when they get old!
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    I always thought it was by choice that she reduced her appearances. Lucy and Becky are the two best there now. It's a real shame Sian Lloyd has left.

Laura's another one stolen from the BBC because they sensed she was popular and thought she'd help launch GMB. They should have kept Lucy in the role however it's worked out great for her as she went on to get the cushy National weather slot and escaped being associated with the trash which is GMB.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    What ashame, I really liked her. :(
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »

Yea, but, ummmmm :p
  • Options
    mr williamsmr williams Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zandar wrote: »
    Ricard Angwin, who did the weather on BBC Points West (Bristol) 'retired' only to turn up a week or two later as the weatherman on Al Jazeera.

From what I remember they didn't mention Al-Jazeera by name but said he was going to work for "a channel based in the Middle East" on his last PW show and implied that he was moving out there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Does anyone remember a competition This Morning ran on ITV for a new weather presenter. A guy won it called Martin or Sam. Does anyone know what happened to him. He seems to have disappeared of the screens and even google can't find him. I am racking my brain trying to remember his name but reckon someone on here will know.... :)
  • Options
    red16vred16v Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kernalpop wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a competition This Morning ran on ITV for a new weather presenter. A guy won it called Martin or Sam. Does anyone know what happened to him. He seems to have disappeared of the screens and even google can't find him. I am racking my brain trying to remember his name but reckon someone on here will know.... :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_McCallum