Options

Sportscene on BBC 1 Scotland

stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,580
Forum Member
✭✭
Noticed yesterday on the results programme and tonight on the highlights show that sportscene is now using the same graphics as downsouth. Meaning sportscene results is now more similar to final Score and Sportscene highlights is now more similar to match of the day.
Sad as I always like it that BBC Sport Scotland was different

Comments

• Options
    singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no referrendum then?
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Noticed yesterday on the results programme and tonight on the highlights show that sportscene is now using the same graphics as downsouth. Meaning sportscene results is now more similar to final Score and Sportscene highlights is now more similar to match of the day.

All you need now then is Gary McLineker
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whats wrong with this then? Just uniforming their sports coverage, no big deal.
  • Options
    StevenWhyte89StevenWhyte89 Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    The graphics BBC Scotland had the past few seasons were horrendous so I am pretty happy they have changed
  • Options
    tvphiltvphil Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why the BBC has never given SportScene a UK wide repeat? Would be ideal for BBC3 on Sunday or Monday evenings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    tvphil wrote: »
    I wonder why the BBC has never given SportScene a UK wide repeat? Would be ideal for BBC3 on Sunday or Monday evenings.

Probably because of a lack of interest, Scottish football has become a bit of a joke down here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »
    Probably because of a lack of interest, Scottish football has become a bit of a joke down here.

To be truthful it has gone down hill since Rangers were relegated
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like your idea but I dont think the viewing figures would be that great
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you have Sky, Virgin or FreeSat you can view it and record it throughout the UK anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have Sky, Virgin or FreeSat you can view it and record it throughout the UK anyway.

I think it is also on iplayer
  • Options
    tvphiltvphil Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is also on iplayer

Yes it is. In fact it was while i was watching on the iPlayer that I got the idea!

I would think this could get reasonable ratings on BBC3.
    The only regular BBC Scottish football I recall south of the border (apart from occasional goal roundups on Football Focus) was live MOTD coverage of Rangers and Celtic games about 10 years ago or so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably for contractual reasons -why would the BBC pay more when interest south of the border is minimal ? If you have Sky you can watch games on BBC Alba and most of the interviews are in English in any case (as with football on S4C). To be honest I'm surprised they show The Football League Show in Scotland as there aren't any Scottish teams involved (and of course the same argument might apply to MOTD:D)
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

More downhill, surely. It was already on the slide before then.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Probably for contractual reasons -why would the BBC pay more when interest south of the border is minimal ? If you have Sky you can watch games on BBC Alba and most of the interviews are in English in any case (as with football on S4C). To be honest I'm surprised they show The Football League Show in Scotland as there aren't any Scottish teams involved (and of course the same argument might apply to MOTD:D)

There are plenty of Scottish players and managers involved though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rangers were NOT relegated. They went bust and the new company was allowed to enter the league system at the bottom tier.

Attendances at many top flight clubs have increased since the demise of Rangers by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    There are plenty of Scottish players and managers involved though.

English top flight football is the most overhyped load of mince you can see.

Take out the obscenely overpaid foreigners and it would be even more ordinary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC local news programmes were all standardised some time ago and the ITV ones have been for a long time. I must say on the odd occasion I've watched Sportscene Results it probably had the worst set of any programme on UK TV, very lazy and unimaginative design, I'm surprised they even bothered to dress the set.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Rangers were NOT relegated. They went bust and the new company was allowed to enter the league system at the bottom tier.

Same thing. Actually many news sites reported that Rangers were relegated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Attendances at many top flight clubs have increased since the demise of Rangers by the way.

1. World wide popularity has decreased due to lack of old firm derby's.
    2. Other clubs have dropped ticket prices. Also more people are going to see football as we are no longer in a deep recession
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing. Actually many news sites reported that Rangers were relegated.

Not the same thing at all.
    The club ceased to exist and a new company was formed and it was allowed entry into the league.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    English top flight football is the most overhyped load of mince you can see.

Take out the obscenely overpaid foreigners and it would be even more ordinary.

I understand your point it is no where near as good as Spain and Italy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. World wide popularity has decreased due to lack of old firm derby's.
    2. Other clubs have dropped ticket prices. Also more people are going to see football as we are no longer in a deep recession

Which clubs have dropped prices then? My club increased prices yet the average was up 25%. Go figure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the same thing at all.
    The club ceased to exist and a new company was formed and it was allowed entry into the league.

I suppose they are officially called THE RANGERS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which clubs have dropped prices then? My club increased prices yet the average was up 25%. Go figure.

I am not looking for data at nearly 11pm. So i will take ure word for it. Which club do u support
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do viewers in Scotland really want to watch highlights of Newport County v Wycombe Wanderers on a Sunday morning on BBC 2 ? Wouldn't a repeat of the Beechgrove Garden be more appealing ?