Options

Dancing with the Stars: Season 19

Comments

• Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Kym back too.

I'd be happy for Peta to miss a series as well.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, there's an announcement on Good Morning America as to who the pros will be, but not the celebs?

Seems the new team are pushing the pros as stars in their own right...
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should be hearing very soon who the pros are for this season. Supposedly they hear the same time as we do, but that seems unlikely ;-). Kristyn Burtt has said some of the pros were told to 'keep the dates free' :p.

George Pennacchio ‏@ABC7George 7h
    Hey #DWTS fans, we learn which pros are dancing tomorrow on #GMA. But @derekhough did tell me there's a "good chance" he'll be back.

Valentin ‏@iamValC 41m
    Who's excited ? :o #gma #dwts
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    So, there's an announcement on Good Morning America as to who the pros will be, but not the celebs?

Seems the new team are pushing the pros as stars in their own right...

Tbh they're. They make the show. These days, they're MORE famous than the so-called celebrities ;-)

I don't know why this time, I fell for it....I thought that Derek was finally leaving " insert roll eyes emoticon "........I guess NOT lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A clue....https://twitter.com/GMA/status/499527389215342593/photo/1 (I have no idea - Karina??)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll release the names as they are announced : karina,

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sillouette clues likely to be Cheryl, Tony, Val and Karina. Val confirmed. All four of them - in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl and Mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigh....can GMA STOP dragging this already ? ... ..urghhh !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl, Tony, karina , Val are confirmed to be back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The results show WILL be back ( YAY )
    The switch up TOO ( Nay )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark, Whitney, peta, Emma are also returning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem is back as a pro. Yayyyyyyyy !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ARTEM!!!!! Alison Holker, Emma and someone I've never heard of... Oh, and Derek, of course....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh WOW Allison Holker from Sytycd is IN :o:o kind of surprised about that :confused:

Poor Sharna :(:( she's out :(:( . I'm kind of shocked tbh :confused:

Of course, Derek is Back !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Oh WOW Allison Holker from Sytycd is IN :o:o kind of surprised about that :confused:

Poor Sharna she's out . I'm kind of shocked tbh :confused:

Of course, Derek is Back !!!

Only just realised Sharna's not there :( - I'm really surprised and disappointed. Not so surprised by Allison Holker (good mates with Derek, is she not....? ;-)) . She's appeared as a featrued dancer a couple of times. I think the one I didn't recognise might be Keo from Burn the Floor (South African IIRC). Gorgeous body if it is! :blush:. No Gleb :cry::confused:, Henry or Sasha. Did they mention the troupe? (My computer crashed at a critical moment - too many things open at the same time! :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Only just realised Sharna's not there :( - I'm really surprised and disappointed. Not so surprised by Allison Holker (good mates with Derek, is she not....? ;-)) . She's appeared as a featrued dancer a couple of times. I think the one I didn't recognise might be Keo from Burn the Floor (South African IIRC). Gorgeous body if it is! :blush:. No Gleb :cry::confused:, Henry or Sasha. Did they mention the troupe? (My computer crashed at a critical moment - too many things open at the same time! :D)

NO Troupe announcement today so you didn't miss it.
    I guess Allison be IN kind of makes sense with the Derek connections ( first thing I thought ) BUT I'm Still surprised.

Poor Sharna :(:(, really shocked about that :(. She was VERY outspoken ( one thing I liked about her ) so hopefully she didn't burn any bridges. Hopefully this means that she'll feature on Afterbuzz tv as a regular like Anna.

Btw they announce ALL the celebrities September 4th on Gma.

Allegedly, from what I'm hearing Gleb Will be part of the Troupe AGAIN since Artem has been promoted as a pro. He's taking his place. I really hope that this rumour is true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Women:
    Whitney
    Karina
    Cheryl
    Emma
    Allison
    Peta

Men:
    Derek
    Val
    Artem
    Tony
    Keo (?)
    Mark

I expect that Derek in the line up means they have either another inspirational muse or a great American icon in the cast. I would love it if - just once - he was paired with some lumpenprole no-one had ever heard of. The new producer would soar in my estimation :D. (Still, he'd probably turn her into an elegant swan and everyone would cry 'ringah' anyway... :blush::p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Allegedly, from what I'm hearing Gleb Will be part of the Troupe AGAIN since Artem has been promoted as a pro. He's taking his place. I really hope that this rumour is true.

Well, his missus tweeted a not very subtle clue that he was employed on DwtS again ;-), so I guess that means the troupe. I'd have liked to see him with a celeb, though - I like his sense of humour (as well as other assets ;-))

They may up-size the troupe again, now there's time for some more dancing in the results show. I'm guessing Sasha and Henry might be in too, but there were rumours of Paul something or other (from SYTYCD?) and Armen Way.

Is the results show for the whole season or just the first few weeks?

ETA: I see it's just for two weeks :(...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Women:
    Whitney
    Karina
    Cheryl
    Emma
    Allison
    Peta

Men:
    Derek
    Val
    Artem
    Tony
    Keo (?)
    Mark

I expect that Derek in the line up means they have either another inspirational muse or a great American icon in the cast. I would love it if - just once - he was paired with some lumpenprole no-one had ever heard of. The new producer would soar in my estimation :D. (Still, he'd probably turn her into an elegant swan and everyone would cry 'ringah' anyway... :blush::p)

Pffffff don't hold your breath on that one...

Well, his missus tweeted a not very subtle clue that he was employed on DwtS again ;-), so I guess that means the troupe. I'd have liked to see him with a celeb, though - I like his sense of humour (as well as other assets ;-))

They may up-size the troupe again, now there's time for some more dancing in the results show. I'm guessing Sasha and Henry might be in too, but there were rumours of Paul something or other (from SYTYCD?) and Armen Way.

Is the results show for the whole season or just the first few weeks?

Probably.
    YAY I'm mostly happy for Gleb :) . He's SO lovely and a great dancer. Not too forget good eye candy :p

WOW I'm really excited about Dwts AGAIN :o !!! I can't believe it :o!!!

WELL done, new producer :cool:
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,521
    Forum Member
    Ah, I'm sure Keo was auditioned for Strictly- it was definitely mentioned on the forum/ Twitter one year? He's a BTF alum. The first ever black professional on DWTS :)

I have to say, as happy as I am for Artem, I'm really disappointed for Henry. Not that I expected him to get the call-back, but he had so much more to give.

Sharna out must hurt. She seemed to be one of the favourites in the past couple of seasons. To be replaced by someone with no ballroom training must hurt!
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd far rather have Sharna in the pro lineup than Peta :( I like Sharna very much but I'm not particularly enthusiastic about Peta.

Still, I'm glad Emma's back, and Artem's choreography and dancing style is definitely better suited to DWTS than Strictly.

I'm also glad Witney's back, as I'd like to see her get a second chance. She did better with Drew Carey than Cheryl did, so I hope we see her with a celeb who actually wants to make an effort this time, unlike Cody Simpson, who really wasn't interested in learning the different styles of dance.
  • Options
    karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, I'm sure Keo was auditioned for Strictly- it was definitely mentioned on the forum/ Twitter one year? He's a BTF alum. The first ever black professional on DWTS :)

I have to say, as happy as I am for Artem, I'm really disappointed for Henry. Not that I expected him to get the call-back, but he had so much more to give.

Sharna out must hurt. She seemed to be one of the favourites in the past couple of seasons. To be replaced by someone with no ballroom training must hurt!

Agree with your comments, I understand they want to freshen things up, but dropping Sharna for Alison makes no sense.
    Really surprised Derek is back, after him saying he's done it all.
    No doubt Artem will be delighted and good luck to him, sadly for his UK fans its unlikely we will see him dance here again.
    Glad to see Tony, Val, Cheryl and Peta back. Would have been happy to see Mark take a break. Looking forward to seeing what Keo can do.