Options

Telling a married or partnered woman/man you fancy them? Yay or nay?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Yes I would
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I would

Really?!?!?!?

I'm completely shocked that you would take that stance! 😱
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    Really?!?!?!?

I'm completely shocked that you would take that stance! 😱

hahaha why?
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you're just to sensitive. I jump on them like at the rodeo until I get thrown off.

:D:D:D Oh, that really made me laugh. That's one of those posts that will even make laugh again later when I think about it.

:blush::D This post contains a shameless brag: Definitely do not mention, hint or pursue. It wouldn't reflect well on you. I have never had a notion of a married man but some young buck took a notion of me. I was flattered but I thought it would be nipped in the bud once he found out I was married, had kids and was far too old for him. Unfortunately not. He pursued regardless and as a result I went from thinking he was a sweet young man to thinking he was just immature and possibly a little bit arrogant.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hahaha why?

Lol it was a joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    Lol it was a joke.

charming:(
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    No. I can't think of any reason why it would be a good idea for you or the others concerned.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I'd have to think about the other person's family. Also, even if the 'object of desire' was willing to respond, who is to say that they wouldn't jump ship again when the novelty of the 'new' relationship wears off? If it were to become purely a lust/ sex thing, even that has repercussions once the fun is over.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go for it, I say.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the other way around where it's wrong. Married guys hitting on girls, even if it's on a board, they need to take a long hard look at themselves and their marriage. If you're not happy with your lot, make some changes.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the other way around where it's wrong. Married guys hitting on girls, even if it's on a board, they need to take a long hard look at themselves and their marriage. If you're not happy with your lot, make some changes.

Maybe they have an open marriage? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red John wrote: »
    Only if you're trying to get them into bed and you're fairly sure they'll be up for it. Otherwise I don't see the point, it would just create an awkward situation.

:D :yawn:
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How does that not apply to married women hitting on guys?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does that not apply to married women hitting on guys?

It does, I just couldn't be arsed to type more to make it a more generalised comment...:blush:^_^
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah...if you're a soulless creep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, no, no!

I've had it done to me and it does nothing more than make you feel uncomfortable and so avoid the other person.

If you don't want anything to come of it, why do they even need to know?

Just no. Not ever.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3sweet5u wrote: »
    Would you do it? If you genuinely fancy someone, and like the idea of getting to know them more. I'm not implying that you'd cheat with her/him, but at least make her/him aware that you like them in case she/he liked you too and wanted to rethink their marriage/relationship with the other person? Or would you simply brush off all feelings because you feel it's simply out of bounds?

Why would you? I mean, what's the point? :confused:
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    OP instead of telling someone married you like them ask yourself this would you be prepared not to tell them, remain single and have nothing to do with anyone else as you want only this person, but you don't hit on them, instead you bide your time and you wait on the marriage breaking up with no input from you.

Essentially this could mean you waiting 6 months, 4 years, ten years or forever.

If you are prepared to do this it means you love the person.

If you are not then why would you want to potentially ruin someone else's relationship?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you? I mean, what's the point? :confused:

If you have a crush on them. Maybe they are attracted to you, but fearful of saying something because they don't know if you like them, and don't want to make a fool of themselves. Or they could be in an unhappy marriage or relationship, and have looked for a way out for a long time, and with you expressing your feelings they are drawn to you.
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    A crush is not worth destroying another person's life over, which potentially this could do.

Also if he cheats on his wife he'll do it to you too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have a crush on them. Maybe they are attracted to you, but fearful of saying something because they don't know if you like them, and don't want to make a fool of themselves. Or they could be in an unhappy marriage or relationship, and have looked for a way out for a long time, and with you expressing your feelings they are drawn to you.

Or it could be wishful thinking?
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh well your crush is obviously much more important than this person's marriage :kitty:
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You definitely do not TELL someone married or involved that you 'fancy' them, that is the way of the rank amateur.
    If you cannot do it by subtle body language, or meaningful, but unthreatening eye movements, discreet glances for example, then you shouldn't be in the game.
    The English are wonderful people, beautiful women, and a host of attractive men, but when it comes down to carnal matters, you don't seem to be able to play the game with the same single minded attitude of your continental neighbours.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No you don't tell them, and you back off if the person you're approaching tells you that they're in a relationship.

Otherwise attractive men who use the "I just want to be your side man", "I can do you better than your man though", "Your man would never find out" etc. type lines automatically become unattractive when they show such a blatant disregard and disrespect for what I'm telling them.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh yeah, because that's really healthy... :confused: