Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    She used to be fantastic in Who's Line Is It Anyway? Improv like that can't be easy - you need a very quick mind to be able to do it well. I'm probably really showing my age :D

ETA - I've just looked her up and discovered that we have the same birthday (although she is four years older than me) As an utterly irrelevant aside, Jason Isaacs was born on the same day as me :D

You are in good company ! I loved Who's Line ... too . Am just back from Ed Fringe - so many performers there that remind me of the Who's Line people , wish I'd been there longer & had time to see more.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oo-er Mrs Tembe is going to be so ticked off when she finds out Mr Robson lied about his time in prison. And she will find out. Mr Robson will probably wish he was back in jail after Mrs Tembe reads him the riot act.
    :D
    Add me as another who was a huge fan of WLIIA. Josie Lawrence, Greg Proops, Colin Meany etc etc were excellent. The only one I didn't like was Sandy Togsvig(sp). She was useless.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think MrsTembe might be the one in bother from everyone with their "you KNEW but you didn't tell us?!?!?" reactions.

I must say there has been a ridiculous amount of talking at cross purposes about this, surely someone would mention his 'crime' whether it was rape or armed robbery.
  • Options
    Hackney1Hackney1 Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just catching up - Wednesday's dance episode - first thought was that the dance teacher was Barry's son :)
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actor playing the rapist is doing a fantastic job! Knew that simmering rage was about to boil over at some point.

Poor Mrs T is in way over her head.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not Mrs Tembe's fault that he has these difficulties with women, nor do I feel she's promised to make everything better. She's simply tried her best to help him when no-one else was. Mr Robson was out of order.
  • Options
    sarah_2277sarah_2277 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long ago is it that he committed his crime? Has he been out of prison long? I've only started watching again recently. Also is Daniel's wife mental given his past, she's basically shoving him into that new woman's arms!
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    sarah_2277 wrote: »
    How long ago is it that he committed his crime? Has he been out of prison long? I've only started watching again recently.

I'm not sure how long ago it was for either as I don't think it's been said, but I get the impression he's not been out for long. Mrs T 'adopted' him after she stopped him jumping off a building. I do think he's been doing his best to go straight.

If Mrs T suffers any fallout from all this it's very unfair. She's only been trying to do her best to help.
  • Options
    auntiemauntiem Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    For fans of Anita Carey / Vivian

The episode of Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads that she appeared in is being repeated tomorrow at 1.40 pm on Drama (sky channel 166).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know why Clare tore a strip off Mrs T like that. She told her that she knew all about Josh's crime, and as Mrs T isn't a mind-reader it's not her fault. If there's any fault it's purely with Josh for lying.

Mandy isn't much good at air guitar - she was very wooden.
  • Options
    auntiemauntiem Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I don't know why Clare tore a strip off Mrs T like that. She told her that she knew all about Josh's crime, and as Mrs T isn't a mind-reader it's not her fault. If there's any fault it's purely with Josh for lying.

Mandy isn't much good at air guitar - she was very wooden.

I think if I was in Clare's situation I'd have done exactly the same and hit out at everyone who knew he was a rapist and not only hadn't told me, but also put me in a potential relationship with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    auntiem wrote: »
    I think if I was in Clare's situation I'd have done exactly the same and hit out at everyone who knew he was a rapist and not only hadn't told me, but also put me in a potential relationship with him.

But she told Mrs T she knew about his crimes and was willing to take her chances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    How embarrassing was Mandy today?!?!?! :eek:
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    auntiem wrote: »

I had a feeling Mrs T would cop some flack and (IMO) she does deserve a dressing down (which the vicar handed down I suppose). She trusted him to tell the truth about his criminal past without discreetly double checking that he actually had. Rape is far too serious an issue to shilly shally over. She put far too much faith him and, whether she realised it or not, her inaction/indecisiveness about broaching the issue put other women in potential danger. Like you, in Clare's situation I'd have been bloody fuming with her too for not ensuring that I knew the truth. That her desire to trust and rehabilitate him put ME in potential danger. Quite irresponsible. However, I'd still be much more angry with the lying scumbag that blames everybody for his actions but himself >:( Pity Clare didn't deliver him a swift knee in the goolies when he was being menacing at those doors!
    indie.star wrote: »
    How embarrassing was Mandy today?!?!?! :eek:

I've just watched it now and I swear my toes haven't unfurled yet. Mega cringeworthy but also has to take the title of probably being the crappest storyline I've ever watched on Doctors. If that's all they can come up with back cross dressing Vicars or something :D Good job it was interspersed with some Mrs T drama to lessen the blow.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Ok, can I ask: where is this story with the rapist chap and Mrs T actually going? I've almost given up on Doctors completely now (thanks, Karen's memory story!) but every time I dip in to it, he's there being all morose and slightly creepy.

edited to add: oooh, I actually saw the episode where he went on the date and was all threatening; didn't know Claire went back and gave Mrs T a bollocking though. Fair play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I had a feeling Mrs T would cop some flack and (IMO) she does deserve a dressing down (which the vicar handed down I suppose). She trusted him to tell the truth about his criminal past without discreetly double checking that he actually had.

In Mrs T's defence, the vicar and Claire both told her that they knew all about his crimes, but didn't want to discuss them with her when she obviously wanted to talk in more depth. They are both as much to blame as she is. But ultimately Josh himself is to blame for being a lying scumbag >:(
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Claire's reaction was understandable, but I think the vicar should have been more understanding - I thought vicars were all about forgiveness ? I feel sorry for Mrs T. She kept telling Josh that he wasn't ready and it was the vicar saying he should be given a chance that persuaded her to encourage him.

Did we find out what was happening with Heston - was he sleepwalking ? Well done to those who thought that was the answer - it never occurred to me, but it did look like he was watching himself on the webcam.
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,402
    Forum Member
    I'm glad that we have nearly if not reached the end of the story re Josh and Mrs T. I feel for her as she thiught the others knew the true facts. Let's hope she is back to her normal helpful way again soon and maybe make amends with both parties. Hope Heston is OK he seems too jolly at the moment.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nan commented yesterday on how weird the programme has become lately and said "when will they change the programme back to how it was when it was about the doctors and the patients"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    looby383x wrote: »
    Did we find out what was happening with Heston - was he sleepwalking ? Well done to those who thought that was the answer - it never occurred to me, but it did look like he was watching himself on the webcam.

He was sleepwalking but he's obviously very worried about why. He's putting on the clown face to cover up how he's feeling - rather like Robin Williams did his whole life :( The sleepwalking doesn't explain the noises he kept hearing while he was awake though :confused:
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An atrocious SOTD in today's episode. It was obvious from the start that they would be mother and daughter and when that was revealed, it became a farce. I like the fact that Doctors uses its relatively low-key profile to be a bit more off-the-wall than the other soaps but I can only suspend my sense of reality to a certain extent.

A mother and daughter may well fight over a man but would they bother risking their relationship over a guy they met only the night before? Don't get me started on the mother dressing up in her daughter's clothes. It's impressive that they've managed to top the bizarreness of Mandy's attempt at rock greatness in only 24 hours.
  • Options
    KiraaaKiraaa Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Hi all I'm back of holiday and just spend most of my time watching three weeks of Doctors:D. The last week before Doctors went on another break I really enjoyed the episodes. The ones about Ramadan were good but after being in Turkey during this period and watching my friends being attacked by two grown men who had just finished it was really scary as we were in a family resort.

Wish Niamh and Al would just get together, we've had enough of this will they, won't they? with Emma and Howard. The dancing stuff is quite funny, I hope more of them join in, I think Zara is being quite stupid given Daniels past and that Daniel should just grow some balls so that he doesn't ask Zara if he can do every little thing.

On Heston is he sleepwalking? Because I'm quite confused as we saw him on the webcam and there's a wooden box in the back of his car. I really enjoyed watching the rape storyline, I think its been brilliant and the man playing Josh has been really good, I did scared he would hurt Claire or Mrs Tembe when he went to her house. I did feel for Mrs Tembe when Viv shouted at her but then she should of checked, same with Claire it was too important not to but at the same time they shouldn't blame her for Josh lying to them.

The SOTD's have been hit and miss as some I've really enjoyed like the tapeworm and then bad ones like Mandy's (I'm lucky she's barley been in it) rock one the other day was just cringe. Also where's Emma? I know she broke her ankle but I'm sure when Zara broke hers she still went to work.

Little fact The episode where Heston was losing it and had a dodgy policeman do some work for him, well he was the dad that took Isobel in carousel week. Also for anyone that doesn't know Dido Miles and Lorna Laidlaw both won at the RTS awards the other night, congratulations.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An article on DS today said some characters would be leaving. I vote for Zara - PLEASE. Painful acting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kiraaa wrote: »
    Little fact The episode where Heston was losing it and had a dodgy policeman do some work for him, well he was the dad that took Isobel in carousel week.

Well observed, I didn't know that. I recognised him, but couldn't place where I'd seen him.
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well observed, I didn't know that. I recognised him, but couldn't place where I'd seen him.
    Yes, he's one of those actors - appeared in probably every British drama series at some point in their lives, but never been the star and everyone recognises them, but never knows their name.

I always think of him as Dave from Playing the Field. Which proves my point because with the other actors in that show I can remember the actor names and not their character names, but with him, I can only remember Dave.
This discussion has been closed.