Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And so hypocritical with all the poor health McDonalds junk food causes >:(

McDonalds food causes no poor health. People who don't know what moderation or a balanced diet is, on the other hand...
  • Options
    f1fantic1f1fantic1 Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That "Satsuma" loan advert.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sick of seeing that British Red Cross being shown on my screen EVERY break! >:(

And that bloody Oxfam Water Aid for Somalia, money to Africa goes down the drain like the water, they need educating . I never give to Oxfam while their executives are getting huge salaries and company cars.
  • Options
    KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    That Apple ad which iirc is to do with keeping your kid amused and being helpful.
    If you need a gadget to tell you how to do parenting then I despair.
    Seems like people are becoming too dependent on technology.

Does anyone else notice that right at the end of the Apple advert, the little girl who is hanging upside down from the end of her bed, whilst her dad looks underneath for any 'monsters' and finds mr elephant. She actually falls out of the bed, it might be just me but I hope she didn't do too much damage to her back.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    The gocompare advert where the woman boasts to her friends about getting on a bike with 'Cristoban' while her boyfriend is just sitting there, looking pathetic, then mocks him by saying 'please don't leave me' in an annoying, whiny voice. I'd ****ing leave her! Sounds like a bitch. The other gocompare advert with the irritating mechanics isn't much better. What is it with this company and shit adverts? They're brilliant at it >:(
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right enough is enough the old E-Harmony ads were bad enough but this new one with Geoff, the scarily weird looking bloke and his camel is on all the time.

E-Harmony don't seem to know what type of as they won't it's either numpties trying to be normal everyday Joe's or it's a freak and his camel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    4Dman wrote: »
    ........"that's all you have to do" :)

I can still remember the Shake n Vac song :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    @s they are!

Anyone driving and singing as they do on that advert wants a red hot poker shoving up their you know what. They've probably been snorting something illegal - even more reason to do as I've suggested. I'm sure some of these adverts are devised by people with the IQ of a particularly thick chimp.

Ugh i saw that ad the other day, their stupidly smiling faces- anyone who smiles and sings at the same time seriously needs to get a life, and you just know there was some pillock of a producer nodding and smiling encouraging them to further heights of grinning, lobotomised ecstasy....
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    The gocompare advert where the woman boasts to her friends about getting on a bike with 'Cristoban' while her boyfriend is just sitting there, looking pathetic, then mocks him by saying 'please don't leave me' in an annoying, whiny voice. I'd ****ing leave her! Sounds like a bitch. The other gocompare advert with the irritating mechanics isn't much better. What is it with this company and shit adverts? They're brilliant at it >:(

bring back the singing opera guy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The baby bel advert- all lunch boxes show the mum putting in sandwiches, NOT wrapping in cling film, baby bel goes in on top, along with a few SEGMENTS of orange (not a whole orange) then the kids takes the lunchbox to school (so it is all carried on its side, the unwrapped sandwiches, the orange segments, etc) then when the kids open the lunchbox- NOTHING has moved including the unwrapped sandwich and of course the baby bel... these people must either be incredibly stupid, or they must think that we are....
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    The baby bel advert- all lunch boxes show the mum putting in sandwiches, NOT wrapping in cling film, baby bel goes in on top, along with a few SEGMENTS of orange (not a whole orange) then the kids takes the lunchbox to school (so it is all carried on its side, the unwrapped sandwiches, the orange segments, etc) then when the kids open the lunchbox- NOTHING has moved including the unwrapped sandwich and of course the baby bel... these people must either be incredibly stupid, or they must think that we are....

They probably doubt anyone would think that much into it to be fair.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    That stupid Clearblue advert. The way the woman says 'Oh my god I think I'm gonna cry' makes me want to punch her in the face.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Following on from Chris Evans' annoying BBC Playlister advert....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIJAIcU4e8Q
  • Options
    Forum Member
    james_W85 wrote: »
    bring back the singing opera guy?

Yeah! I almost added that to my post. At least he didn't have some sexist agenda.

I actually never complained about opera gocompare guy here, you may be surprised to know :D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Just seen a Nationwide advert featuring an orchestral version of Kylie's "I Believe In You", it may even be Kylie herself singing, not sure :confused:
  • Options
    Twin_TwoTwin_Two Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That stupid Clearblue advert. The way the woman says 'Oh my god I think I'm gonna cry' makes me want to punch her in the face.

Absolutely agree, and of course it is perfectly normal to cart about a stick that you have peed on and produce it at the kitchen table to show your friend... NOT! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's how hilariously badly dubbed it is that always gets me. Are they really too cheap to put out an English version of the ad? :confused:
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's how hilariously badly dubbed it is that always gets me. Are they really too cheap to put out an English version of the ad? :confused:

The fixodent gets me every time :D the minute the woman wobbles on dentures it goes off - possibly companies these days rather go by a dub route than make them for specific country
  • Options
    jjrussjjruss Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    "Conversation" the bl**dy vanish advert! please do one and do what you say on the box! and just Vanish>:(
  • Options
    jjrussjjruss Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    As bad as they are they do get noticed, unfortunately>:(
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Toyota Yaris? with people 'singing' in the car :mad:
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Which? advert people "Oh I failed with my blueberries"
    "I like the idea of growing vegetables in containers"
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjruss wrote: »
    "Conversation" the bl**dy vanish advert! please do one and do what you say on the box! and just Vanish>:(

I too hate that advert, is the song used an actual song or just some monstrosity made up for the advert
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    That stupid yogurt advert with Amanda Holden. I swear to god, I hate this woman so much!!!
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    That stupid yogurt advert with Amanda Holden. I swear to god, I hate this woman so much!!!

Have they cut out the bit showing her legs resting on a 'slave'.
This discussion has been closed.