Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The parking bay opposite our house is big enough to fit 4 cars but because some berk who lives a few doors down keeps parking in the middle only 3 cars can fit.

Even more annoying if when you get back you're the "4th" car and have to park further up the street!

If you think that's bad parking, I once saw a parked car over four bays.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Niggly computer problems.

For some reason last week my PC froze duing loading the desktop.
    Spent a load of time & effort trying to sort it out.
    Managed to get it to load but the problem is still there in the background and it looks like i'm going to have to reinstall some programs and set them all up again.

Plus for some reason, after working fine for three week, my new router decided to hide itself from all wifi devices.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live three doors down from an amazing chippie, but they've now closed for two and a half weeks for their summer holiday. >:( It is a family business but not everyone who works there is part of the family so someone should be able to run it while the owners are away. I've never understood why they close for more than two weeks in the middle of summer (ok it's a wash out right now but you get the idea :D)

For the sake of my waistline I don't make it a habit of going to them regularly but I'm going to be craving fish and chips now til they're back :( Yes I could go somewhere else but all the other chippies are a bus ride away plus not as good :(

I'm guessing the staff have to take their holiday's at the same time? If they asked for different weeks, the owners would have to employ someone to cover for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I live three doors down from an amazing chippie, but they've now closed for two and a half weeks for their summer holiday. >:( It is a family business but not everyone who works there is part of the family so someone should be able to run it while the owners are away. I've never understood why they close for more than two weeks in the middle of summer (ok it's a wash out right now but you get the idea :D)

For the sake of my waistline I don't make it a habit of going to them regularly but I'm going to be craving fish and chips now til they're back :( Yes I could go somewhere else but all the other chippies are a bus ride away plus not as good :(
    cris182 wrote: »
    Maybe they don't trust the non family members with the finances and ordering things in etc. I know it isn't millions to run off with but these days you never know
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I'm guessing the staff have to take their holiday's at the same time? If they asked for different weeks, the owners would have to employ someone to cover for them.
    I know the owner of a local Chinese takeaway and every year he goes back to China for a month and closes the takeaway.
    He just doesn't trust the staff to run it. He's apparently quite well off and can manage a month without any income.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I miss living real close to a chippie. Gone are the days where 5mins after feeling peckish I'd be walking back from the chippie hugging a bag of 2 sausages + chips or, when I wanted something a little special, hugging a bag of mini fish and chips whilst munching on a large battered sausage.... om nom nom nom nom. (why can't things ever stay the same, dammit)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The mixed up episode listings on Sky On Demand.

You'd think they'd go in either first to last, or last to first, but last night I had to look all over the place to find three back to back episodes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One other thing, but on TV. It's when announcers on the channel speak over the last couple of minutes of a show.
  • Options
    KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    That radio advert for Hampson Hughes Solicitors where the young lad tells some sad story about his dad having had an accident and the mother responds "Hey, hey! Things are looking up" in a ridiculously soothing way. Then her voice changes to cynical when she's talking about making a claim.

That other radio advert for BMW when it says something along the lines of "what could be worse than sitting in a traffic jam ... in the wrong car?" What could be worse??!! Where do you start?
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    Maybe they don't trust the non family members with the finances and ordering things in etc. I know it isn't millions to run off with but these days you never know
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

Oh you don't have to get so logical about it >:(:p

I was just really craving chippie chips yesterday :( They're not open again until after the bank holiday :cry:
  • Options
    Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There’s a woman at work who replaces the last letter of each word with a glottal stop

“I’ll meet with you next week” becomes “I’ll mee wiv you nex wee.”

She selectively uses “f” instead of “th” sounds (although not consistently), and has a flat Nottinghamshire accent where she doesn’t pronounce “l”s using her tongue.

Her voice is also quite high pitched and fairly loud, and she has to have an opinion on everything, and her opinion is right even if it’s contradicted by actual facts.

It’s irritating me more than usual today as she’s not been in the office the past few days and it’s been so nice and quiet without her.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,001
    Forum Member
    The loom band craze....

What's so great about it?
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    The loom band craze....

What's so great about it?

There's nothing inherently great about them, they're just a new craze that allows kids to feel a part of something, to be creative, share a bond with their friends, etc. My daughter was into them just a month ago but it's fading now. They were a relatively inexpensive craze so for that I'm thankful.:D
  • Options
    Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting on deliveries. I have a few errands to run (including getting to the doctors to get antibiotics for an infection) but know the second I leave will be when they turn up despite having waited in the past two days. :(
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chihiro94 wrote: »
    Waiting on deliveries. I have a few errands to run (including getting to the doctors to get antibiotics for an infection) but know the second I leave will be when they turn up despite having waited in the past two days. :(
    ^have you no 'safe' place for them to leave it ?
    btw: I remember waiting in all day for the postman with an important parcel. From 8.30 to 4.30 I was in earshot of the door, didn't use the bathroom just in case. At 4.30 I concluded the parcel would come the following day. Literally 20s after being "indisposed" in the bathroom there came that darn knock on the darn door....... nuts. >:(
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    There's a woman in my office who just annoys me, I've mentioned her a few times on these threads, she's a nice person but annoying. I go to Weight Watchers on Thursdays so on Fridays she always asks me how I did (see, nice). But once I've told her she then always tells me how her sister, who does Slimming World on the same day, did as well. I have never met her sister and never asked about her so that's starting to annoy me. I really don't care.

She just asked me now, I didn't go last night because the bus was too late (another annoyance) but I now know her sister lost a pound and a half and her friend reached her goal :confused:
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automated email receipts letting an applicant know that they've been unsuccessful. >:(
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    When two bus drivers from the same bus company, and travelling in opposite directions, stop in the road and talk to each other from their cabs, holding up traffic both ways. >:(

It's not just bus driver who do this - round where I live, in Bradford, West Yorkshire I see ordinary motorists (Asian males in particular - and before anyone says it, I am not being racist) doing this.
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Driving... whenever you are trying to find a certain house or street and slow down to see better, there's ALWAYS an annoying person behind you. No matter what time of the day or where you are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Driving - Was just out and at the traffic lights. It was on red and it has been for some time. It's usually like that. It's a strange set of lights in that regard, even when there's no other traffic.

Anyway, it was still on red and the car behind me started to honk their horn.
    It's on RED. I'm not going to drive through a red light because you are impatient!!!
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When my wife's brother's kids call me uncle or my wife's brother's wife refers to me as "yer sis" and insists on treating me like some little brother because my wife's brothers are a lot older. I absolutely hate it and it makes me feel very uncomfortable not to mention very old. I don't identify with her family at all and don't want to be someone's uncle. I'm related through marriage not through choice. As far as I'm concerned I only have one family and that's MY family not the one that became mine just because I happened to get married. I married my wife not the rest of her family and don't want anyone to be "my sis" and I'm not happy to be their uncle either. I don't even like half of them.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela F wrote: »
    It's not just bus driver who do this - round where I live, in Bradford, West Yorkshire I see ordinary motorists (Asian males in particular - and before anyone says it, I am not being racist) doing this.

I change my route, so as to avoid such areas.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend is annoyed with me for refusing to have in-depth discussions about books.

I'm happy to discuss films, TV and the like, but I don't want to discuss books. I just don't. I'm fine with swapping book recommendations, but that's my limit. Books are the only place where I don't have to analyse. Just read and enjoy the ride. It's my last magical place, basically.

In spite of that explanation, she keeps on and on and on about my refusal. It's seriously getting on my nerves.
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That bay parking is being included in the driving test, and my instructor cannot find anywhere to practise it!
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Bibles in hospitals. For some reason we have to have them and they are a pain in the arse.

When a patient goes home we clean the bed and bed space with a bleach product to kill any germs or bacteria there. Everythings sparkley clean except the manky bibles we have to leave in the lockers that have been there years!

Times have moved on. Most people in hospital would rather have a completely clean bed space than have an old dirty bible hanging around. The only time i have even seen deeply christian patients, they have bought along their own proper bibles. Nobody ever touches the hospital ones but they wont throw them out.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,579
    Forum Member
    warszawa wrote: »
    I change my route, so as to avoid such areas.

Eh? I don't think there are special "areas" where bus drivers stop and talk to each other!
This discussion has been closed.