Pointless: 3.31m (22.7%)
    Tumble: 3.30m (20.2%)
    Lottery: Break the Safe: 3.44m (19.2%)
    Casualty: 4.26m (22.2%)
    Mrs Brown's Boys: 4.80m (26.6%)
    BBC News: 4.60m (27.3%)
    Match of the Day: 3.69m (29.2%)
    The Football League Show: 758k (14.8%)

Well the good news for BBC is that Tumble increased, although if you asked them whether low three million's is a success, the answer would probably be 'no'.

Another stonking figure for a Mrs Brown's Boys repeat.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Tumble up from last week's rating, fantastic news! Told you guys it would remain steady, last week's opener was very well received. Still over that 20pct mark too
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,638
    Forum Member
    Don't quite know how that happens that "Mrs Browns Boys" gets the highest rating. I don't think BBC one should repeat it quite so often.

"Tumble" may grow a bit next week if its beside "Doctor Who". It might get some sort of boost, but the figures showing that the regional news was enough to beat it so its yet to find its stride over 90 minutes. Perhaps its just too long to get a decent peak.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More people watching TV then as Tumble's share drops but rating is up slightly.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Tumble up from last week's rating, fantastic news! Told you guys it would remain steady, last week's opener was very well received. Still over that 20pct mark too

By who exactly? :D.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    BBC News: 2.94m (22.8%)
    BBC Regional News: 3.38m (25.2%)
    Pointless: 3.31m (22.7%)
    Tumble: 3.30m (20.2%)
    Lottery: Break the Safe: 3.44m (19.2%)
    Casualty: 4.26m (22.2%)
    Mrs Brown's Boys: 4.80m (26.6%)
    BBC News: 4.60m (27.3%)
    Match of the Day: 3.69m (29.2%)
    The Football League Show: 758k (14.8%)

Tumble went up, but the share has dropped. Still a low rating when you think of the running time and still below Stepping Out's first couple of ratings.

MBB again wins the night. The audience are desperate for comedy.

Its no wonder the BBC win every slot when ITV rollover.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    I didn't read it as being at all arrogant, see my reply above yours :)

I guess we won't know what was said because we need a link to the story.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, Tumble is a massive flop. Rating lower than the rest of the entire BBC1 prime time schedule. So much for it being the biggest entertainment launch in years that will put BBC entertainment back on top and be the start of a new era.

How long before Samuel changes tact, and demands it is moved to the coveted 'just after final score, before the news' slot to ensure it doesn't pull down the rest of the schedule, particularly when it gets more competitive in September.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bear in mind that 'Tumble' is the lowest rating programme in the BBC evening schedule. Even the awful Break The Safe beat it.

I'd be interested to see the demos for Tumble.

Even the most dire BBC1 schedule will not fall below 2m like ITV. This is the problem with ITV, they give up too often and the viewers loose trust.
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't MOTD at 5m last season?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Oh dear, Tumble is a massive flop. Rating lower than the rest of the entire BBC1 prime time schedule. So much for it being the biggest entertainment launch in years that will put BBC entertainment back on top and be the start of a new era.

How long before Samuel changes tact, and demands it is moved to the coveted 'just after final score, before the news' slot to ensure it doesn't pull down the rest of the schedule, particularly when it gets more competitive in September.
    Bear in mind that 'Tumble' is the lowest rating programme in the BBC evening schedule. Even the awful Break The Safe beat it.

I'd be interested to see the demos for Tumble.

If the world revolved around predictability you two chaps would be world leaders!

Yes, it is under performing and is not the success the BBC hoped for. There need to be questions asked to address what BBC1 need to do in regards of Saturday night entertainment. But, is it the format? Is it the presenter? Is it the execution? It's simple to say "Oh it's a flop." But, don't forget, it didn't actually drop viewers. It gained some. That should tell you that as a show, it has potential. But then it is just damn long and the presenter brings no warmth. I'm not saying Alex shouldn't be on it, but she needs someone else with her. Let's see how it performs next week when different challenges are undertaken.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Only by a whisker though.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next Saturday Tumble (6.30-7.50) will lead into Dr Who then Casualty at 9.10. Only opposition ITV offer is a celebrity Tipping Point (7.45-8.45). No MBB.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK
    The new @premierleague season began with ManU-Swa peaking with 1.20m/12.7% on @btsport. Ars-Pal on @SkySports peaked with 2.21m/13.5%.
    9:42 AM - 17 Aug 2014

Don't forget Sky had a free day yesterday, hence the higher peak. However, last year they also put the Premier League 'on Pick TV' for the opening day, which is labelled below as Sky2.

Last year's figures - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=68004124&postcount=4685

So as a comparison for the opening days:

BT Sport
    2013 - Liverpool vs Stoke: 764k (7.7%) - peak
    2014 - Man Utd vs Swansea: 1.20m (12.7%) - peak

Sky Sports
    2013 - Swansea vs Man Utd: 2.48m (14.0%) [SS1] and 649k (3.6%) [Sky2] - peak
    2014 - Arsenal vs Crystal Palace: 2.21m (13.5%) - peak

BT will be ecstatic with their figure, I feel. Almost double last year's opening day number!
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    If the world revolved around predictability you two chaps would be world leaders!.

First time I've posted for about a month and you are having a dig already :p

There has been a lot of predictability in this thread this summer, all the repeated faux shock at daytime/early evening ratings being down in a heat wave being the highlight.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Steven Moffat tells the Sunday Express Peter Capaldi may be the last Dr Who.Moffat says he is already writing the next series.
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Which could mean that he sees no reason why PC would leave the role any time soon?

Moffat always seems to come out with the cryptic comments and most of them finish up meaning nothing. Its becoming a little tedious actually.
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    Wasn't MOTD at 5m last season?

Don't think its hit that figure for many a season but I stand to be corrected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time I've posted for about a month and you are having a dig already :p

There has been a lot of predictability in this thread this summer, all the repeated faux shock at daytime/early evening ratings being down in a heat wave being the highlight.

Yeah sorry, but Andy, I luv ya really! Welcome back. Hope you've had a good summer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the world revolved around predictability you two chaps would be world leaders!

Yes, it is under performing and is not the success the BBC hoped for. There need to be questions asked to address what BBC1 need to do in regards of Saturday night entertainment. But, is it the format? Is it the presenter? Is it the execution? It's simple to say "Oh it's a flop." But, don't forget, it didn't actually drop viewers. It gained some. That should tell you that as a show, it has potential. But then it is just damn long and the presenter brings no warmth. I'm not saying Alex shouldn't be on it, but she needs someone else with her. Let's see how it performs next week when different challenges are undertaken.

You could probably say that for on here really

I did say yesterday (if you look back at my posts) that I think Tumble will match those who leave and those viewers who start to watch. The weather was cloudier yesterday and so more people were indoors. That is reflected in the drop in share.

Last week 3.17m (20.7%)
    Yesterday 3.30m (20.2%)

Next week I think the share will remain around 20%-21% but the rating will increase as its lead into DW and viewers tune in early to watch the main draw.

Tumble did well to increase (given I thought it might drop a bit) but its still a flop.
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's simple to say "Oh it's a flop." But, don't forget, it didn't actually drop viewers. It gained some. That should tell you that as a show, it has potential.

Didn't Splash gain viewers on its second episode? :D

Personally I think the show fails for multiple reasons - No real warmth or atmosphere in studio, hard for viewers (like myself) who don't do gymnastics to really know what we're supposed to be looking out for with each performance, whilst the show just looks far too similar to Strictly and doesn't seem to have its own identity. It doesn't help that Alex isn't suited for entertainment, especially when asked to front it on her own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Splash gain viewers on its second episode? :D

Personally I think the show fails for multiple reasons - No real warmth or atmosphere in studio, hard for viewers (like myself) who don't do gymnastics to really know what we're supposed to be looking out for with each performance, whilst the show just looks far too similar to Strictly and doesn't seem to have its own identity. It doesn't help that Alex isn't suited for entertainment, especially when asked to front it on her own.

Yes, Splash did gain viewers. I'm not saying Tumble is a success. And, what you've said about Tumble is exactly what is wrong with the show. Splash did have more viewers at a period where viewership was higher though. I think had Tumble been executed better it would have had more viewers.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I think Tumble will hold steady around the 3 to 3.5m mark. Decent rating for Casualty, but once again Mrs Brown wins the day! MBB seems to be the Only Fools and Horses of the 2010s in terms of its repeat value.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    So another Saturday BBC performs averagely at best and stills trounces the non existant ITV. Seriously ITV you might as well have sent all your staff home for the summer - I think my ITV button will have healed up by the time I need to use it again.
    At least from next week there might be some real ratings to discuss.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Splash did gain viewers. I'm not saying Tumble is a success. And, what you've said about Tumble is exactly what is wrong with the show. Splash did have more viewers at a period where viewership was higher though. I think had Tumble been executed, it would have been better .
    there - corrected your post...:D

K
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    How long before Samuel changes tact.

Not at all obsessed......
This discussion has been closed.