Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Carlsberg advert is annoying me at the minute. An entire spa hotel full of women and their partners. The men go to great lengths to dig a hole in the ground and tunnel out because they desperately want a drink. They eventually get the tunnel finished, send a bloke out, and he appears back with a box with about 6 bottles of Carlsberg between all of them. Why, after all that effort, didn't they bring back enough to fill the box at least instead of filling it with ice?
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I've noticed there's a few ads where they've found a new way to emasculate men and make them a subject of ridicule- just make them physically smaller! It's all very bizarre, like the jacobs advert with the small man 'this chair's great, can I keep it?' 'no'.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    I've noticed there's a few ads where they've found a new way to emasculate men and make them a subject of ridicule- just make them physically smaller! It's all very bizarre, like the jacobs advert with the small man 'this chair's great, can I keep it?' 'no'.

Seems like 9/10 adverts belittle men, to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seems like 9/10 adverts belittle men, to me.

Yeah, just seen another one where there's a woman and the voiceover guy is saying "Brian is awesome, you love Brian' etc... 'but you enjoy being here without him even more'.

Wtf?! >:(
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That really weird and annoying haribo advert.

But I think most annoying advert is that annoying maltesers advert where you just listen to her eat it and the noises are horrible.

Oh and also the youghurt advert with Nicole Scherzinger she is so annoying the one's where she gets the yoghurt on her nose and just laughs it's solo annoying and that shampoo advert where she just starts screaming. She's in too many adverts just get off her TV.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Dai_Jones wrote: »
    i said you buy one you get one free windows makes my teeth stand on end.

I had a Safestyle rep. round at mine once and when I told him their ads were rubbish, he told me that they were very popular 'oop north'! :o

I can't stand the bathroom advert where the half-naked couple sing along to 'The More I See You'. The smug look on their faces makes me want to put my boot through the telly.

Also, the hotel one where the bloke ends up upside down. I can't remember what exactly it's advertising but it's another one for the boot treatment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had a Safestyle rep. round at mine once and when I told him their ads were rubbish, he told me that they were very popular 'oop north'! :o

I can't stand the bathroom advert where the half-naked couple sing along to 'The More I See You'. The smug look on their faces makes me want to put my boot through the telly.

Also, the hotel one where the bloke ends up upside down. I can't remember what exactly it's advertising but it's another one for the boot treatment.

He's talking bollocks. Salesmen are good at that.
  • Options
    A_SmurfA_Smurf Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    That new ad for those Yogurt lollies called Yollies. The so called Yolly itself looks so creepy and weird. Who would give that to their children to eat. It doesn't look appealing at all. Also the brave bones club thing sounds just ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That old skittles one confuses me, the one when he touches things and they turn into skittles. How come the chair he's sitting on doesn't change? And how did he manage getting dressed?
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The Toyota car ad with those dippy looking people gurning and singing.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but I really dislike the Diet Chef advert.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    That old skittles one confuses me, the one when he touches things and they turn into skittles. How come the chair he's sitting on doesn't change? And how did he manage getting dressed?

Yeah. He'd be nude! It's actually a disturbing concept. A bit like the Midas touch story.

Len Goodman advertising Farmfoods. Yeah right Len, as if you shop there!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    DFS Selling furniture from an Ice Cream van.
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Yeah. He'd be nude! It's actually a disturbing concept. A bit like the Midas touch story.

And how has he lived that long, surely he can't have been able to resist turning himself into skittles for that long :D
    And it's more sinister, he can kill people by turning them into skittles :o
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And how has he lived that long, surely he can't have been able to resist turning himself into skittles for that long :D

How did he even get a job in an office? Surely he'd be worse than useless in the workplace. Unless he worked in a sweetie factory.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=mourinhosmissus;74301761]I had a Safestyle rep. round at mine once and when I told him their ads were rubbish, he told me that they were very popular 'oop north'! :o

Also, the hotel one where the bloke ends up upside down. I can't remember what exactly it's advertising but it's another one for the boot treatment.[/QUOTE]

And up here they tell us the south love them ;-)
  • Options
    draig gochdraig goch Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm living the life of dreams" gives me nightmares.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but do The Simpsons know that Ford have nicked their theme tune ? "Forgive him he's an idiot..."
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually, in the original full-length version of the ad (I'm guessing this was only ever shown in the US, because I've never seen the middle section of the ad when it's been shown here in the UK), the 'people turning into skittles' thing is referenced:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxItH0I6xmQ

:o
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Yeah, just seen another one where there's a woman and the voiceover guy is saying "Brian is awesome, you love Brian' etc... 'but you enjoy being here without him even more'.

Wtf?! >:(

Have you seen how hyper she is and worse off all her dancing?
    I bet brian lied about not liking all those things to spare himself the embarrassment of being seen in public with her
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Actually, in the original full-length version of the ad (I'm guessing this was only ever shown in the US, because I've never seen the middle section of the ad when it's been shown here in the UK), the 'people turning into skittles' thing is referenced:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxItH0I6xmQ

:o

So how did he get his wife pregnant?
    Never mind I believe there was another skittles advert that sort of explains it if you know which one I mean
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    And up here they tell us the south love them ;-)

Yeah, and don't forget, it's 'daaarn sarf' :D

That's probably similar to the 'oop north' one in that, nobody actually speaks like that.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    ProEnamel toothpaste >:(>:( My God that woman voice is horrendous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you seen how hyper she is and worse off all her dancing?
    I bet brian lied about not liking all those things to spare himself the embarrassment of being seen in public with her

Yeah, the whole ad is stupid, I don't get what they are trying to say with it at all.

It's almost like they're going for a strong independent woman sort of vibe, and actively trying to alienate 50% of the market, but even that ends up getting lost in all the bs.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (duplicate)
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calgon - the dishwasher ad, making it sound like an episode of Watchdog. One with Martin Lewis the ('cats in the news' guy) and one with Carol Smilie, I think.
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Toyota Yaris? with people 'singing' in the car :mad:

Is that the one where they're all screaming, basically? Any ad with singing - no, just no. Same with whatever the ad was where a guy's in a car, mumbling to America's Horse with No Name. I so want to punch him to shut him up.
    That stupid yogurt advert with Amanda Holden. I swear to god, I hate this woman so much!!!

Remember a couple of years ago, her "love me! love me!" daily news articles in the Sun about how she wasn't dead? Who gives a shit?!
    Oh and also the youghurt advert with Nicole Scherzinger she is so annoying the one's where she gets the yoghurt on her nose and just laughs it's solo annoying and that shampoo advert where she just starts screaming. She's in too many adverts just get off her TV.

Jack of all trades, master of none. So had enough of her. Her last single went in high, but dropped like a stone after that.
    I had a Safestyle rep. round at mine once and when I told him their ads were rubbish, he told me that they were very popular 'oop north'! :o.

I live in Manchester. I hate them!!

What about when he takes a piss??
This discussion has been closed.