Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooooo i have.

Thomasz Schafernaker :blush:
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously we have squillions in the UK, but I'm in Greece at the mo and there's loads here. I was chatting to one and he'd lived in Denmark, where he said there were a lot there also.......

Yes of course it's empty. All 38 million inhabitants have left it desolate. Jeeeeez, what a stupid idea for a thread. When do the schools go back?
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously we have squillions in the UK, but I'm in Greece at the mo and there's loads here. I was chatting to one and he'd lived in Denmark, where he said there were a lot there also.......

I'm sure Poland still has plenty of people in it, but on a serious note it can't be good for so many of its citizens to have emigrated.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm off to Kracow for three days soon.
    I'll let you know.
    Hope it's not full of bloody Brits.:o

Edit: @LostFool
    Not a stag do!
    A great Groupon deal for two couples :)

Have a great time. 3 days is the perfect length for a trip there. It's a very small city and easy to find your way around unlike somewhere like Prague which is a maze of streets. Try heading south of the main town to the district of Kazimierz (30 min walk or a few stops on the tram) where there are loads of local bars and restaurants away from the tourist crowds.

As long as you avoid the "Irish" bars in the centre then stag/hen gangs shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Have a great time. 3 days is the perfect length for a trip there. It's a very small city and easy to find your way around unlike somewhere like Prague which is a maze of streets. Try heading south of the main town to the district of Kazimierz (30 min walk or a few stops on the tram) where there are loads of local bars and restaurants away from the tourist crowds.

As long as you avoid the "Irish" bars in the centre then stag/hen gangs shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Thomasz Schafernaker :blush:

Lost cause there Ber, Tomasz bats for the other side, although he is a good looking guy, and good at his job.
    On the other hand, I lived with a Polish girl for a few years when I was younger, she was drop dead gorgeous, imagine a well educated, sophisticated, well dressed version of Keira Knightley, with a very slight, sexy, accent.
    She was so jealous though, it was unbelievable.
    Her older, half-sister, was moving apartments, and asked if I'd help by driving her stuff across town.
    Naturally I did.
    When I got back, I said that I'd have a shave and perhaps we could go out somewhere.
    She said that her sister had called and asked her to give me a hug for helping her.
    As I stood in the bathroom shaving, she came in and stabbed me in the side with a small knife, saying, "Anyone but her, you bastard, she's my sister!"
    Fortunately I wasn't hurt much, it bled a bit but it wasn't deep.
    I was frightened to sleep after that, and eventually she left me and went back to live with her parents.
    There were times that I wished I'd taken a crack at the sister after all, if you're going to be judged as guilty, you might as well commit the offence.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest JF, I don't think that Thomasz being gay has lessened any chance I may have with him :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost cause there Ber, Tomasz bats for the other side, although he is a good looking guy, and good at his job.
    On the other hand, I lived with a Polish girl for a few years when I was younger, she was drop dead gorgeous, imagine a well educated, sophisticated, well dressed version of Keira Knightley, with a very slight, sexy, accent.
    She was so jealous though, it was unbelievable.
    Her older, half-sister, was moving apartments, and asked if I'd help by driving her stuff across town.
    Naturally I did.
    When I got back, I said that I'd have a shave and perhaps we could go out somewhere.
    She said that her sister had called and asked her to give me a hug for helping her.
    As I stood in the bathroom shaving, she came in and stabbed me in the side with a small knife, saying, "Anyone but her, you bastard, she's my sister!"
    Fortunately I wasn't hurt much, it bled a bit but it wasn't deep.
    I was frightened to sleep after that, and eventually she left me and went back to live with her parents.
    There were times that I wished I'd taken a crack at the sister after all, if you're going to be judged as guilty, you might as well commit the offence.
    Don't keep us in suspense - what's the name of the book?
  • Options
    KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I'm anti-social and dislike anything that involves too many people. Starting to wonder if I should emigrate to Poland.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    A Polish girl stole me, it was terrible, we kept meeting each other, going out for drinks and then going back to hers and having sex, bloody Polish!
    Nice posting.......i'm jealous of you! :D
    In the hotel we are in, there are a lot of poles here on holiday.....a majority of the girls are well fit and look stunning.

Not that I'm gawping, drooling and sweating.
    ^_^
    I went travelling around Eastern Europe a few years ago. Virtually every single woman I saw in Warsaw was absolutely stunning. And they all seemed to be walking hand in hand with really ugly blokes!
    ^^This isn't unusual either. I've spent the past seven years going to East European countries and Poland is a regular visit. There isn't many places in Poland i haven't been to now. The large cities obviously draw the tourists but i really love the smaller towns which are easy to park and easy to walk around......plus mega cheap quality meals (cheaper than the in the cities).

I must admit the young Polish women was what i noticed on my first ever time there. They really are stunning with some looking like they've just walked out of a high end designer shop!

Fantastic country and great people, the majority of young speak English and always willing to help but i've also met some older too who are pretty conversant. By far the most memorable was a guy in his late 60's whose first language was Russian and his English was entirely self taught from grabbing any books/magazines he could find and listening to anyone speaking English.

His command of English was staggering and as a result had worked all over the world in the ship building industry before retiring.
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    ooooo i have.

Me too!! A lot of them are VERY sexy ;)
  • Options
    delazarousdelazarous Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, as are many african nations, they`re all here stealing our women, jobs, benefits and housing, lock up your pets, they`re next.
    You forgot libraries :D
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it's empty, but there's certainly been a documented brain drain.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't keep us in suspense - what's the name of the book?

If I thought it would sell I'd write it, it would probably be entitled, The Life and Times of Jean-Francois Genou,
    Chapter 3, Jean-Francois from age 29 - 39.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    delazarous wrote: »
    You forgot libraries :D

they`re taking our books too???? >:(
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KikiDafuq wrote: »
    I'm anti-social and dislike anything that involves too many people. Starting to wonder if I should emigrate to Poland.

Have you considered Greenland? That's pretty empty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they`re taking our books too???? >:(
    No, computer access, apparently!
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    I'm off to Kracow for three days soon.
    I'll let you know.
    Hope it's not full of bloody Brits.:o

Edit: @LostFool
    Not a stag do!
    A great Groupon deal for two couples :)

To add to what LF was saying, if you have time go and see the salt mine just out of the city. People think I'm nuts when I recommend it but it's a world heritage site and pretty amazing, with a full size church down there, carved entirely out of the salty rock.
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, computer access!

Zzzzzzzz.

Old news, keep up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    Zzzzzzzz.

Old news, keep up!
    I'm glad you now see it as the irrelevance it is - well done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you now see it as the irrelevance it is - well done!

What I see it as is, well, irrelevant.... to you.

Anyway, this is a thread about Poland. Keep with the subject if you would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    What I see it as is, well, irrelevant.... to you.

Anyway, this is a thread about Poland. Keep with the subject if you would.
    Er, you only entered because you think you got a mention.
    What do you think of Poland?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    batgirl wrote: »
    To add to what LF was saying, if you have time go and see the salt mine just out of the city. People think I'm nuts when I recommend it but it's a world heritage site and pretty amazing, with a full size church down there, carved entirely out of the salty rock.
    Thanks.
    It's in all the lists of "things to see" in Kracow.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er, you only entered because you think you got a mention.
    What do you think of Poland?

Women are stunning.
    Beer is very good.
    The scenery looks beautiful.
    Krakow looks lovely.
    Warsaw looks less so.
    The food from my limited experience is quite nice.

But, I don't think it's empty. I worked with a Polish girl in Nottingham who saved up enough money to buy a house back home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to add, that from a women's perspective, I wouldn't say no to a fit Polish dude...

Sorry!
This discussion has been closed.