Options

The 100 - E4 - UK Pace - NO SPOILERS (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't type it up here, but how annoying was the preview for the next episode?! So many spoilers!
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,234
    Forum Member
    I won't type it up here, but how annoying was the preview for the next episode?! So many spoilers!

Yes I Know

Last nights episode had me wondering " when did they last eat"?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought last night's episode was probably about as weak as the first one, but it was still pretty watchable and quite brutal in places as well.

At least they're introducing the grounders relatively slowly as well which is good.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    yup that was Ricky Whittle

Interesting to see him take a bit more role in the following ep,
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my thoughts too incl carefully calculated/rationed oxygen supply enough for 100 only

+ in the book Wells and Bell are on the official list of 100 delinquents sent to earth so none of that 'sneaking on board' malarkey ;-)

We now know it was the guard captain that got Bellamy on the ship - I'd think he simply bumped one of the original 100 off the list and put Bellamy in his place, presumably there were more deliquents than seats on the dropship.
    Not sure why the captain wanted Jaha dead - presumably that will come in time. We do know that its not a conspiracy by Kane as he had a chance to take over handed to him on a plate when Jaha wanted to go into section 17.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we taking bets on the mysterious silent loner turning out to be the one good guy out there who proves to be critical to their survival?
    Obviously the chains were to make sure there wasn't any unsupervised wandering out into the hordes of savages, rather than to ensure a continuing source of food or securing a newly-acquired valuable commodity.
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know that a lot of action takes place at night, & obviously they have no lights, but as a viewer I find the darkness of many of the scenes annoying.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not what I meant. It was announced there was 100 prisoners in the scheme, and we're led to believe Wells joined after he heard about it. Bellamy snuck onboard, so he wasn't counted. Whether Wells was counted as one of the 100 by those on the station is unknown. So we have 101-102 setting off from the station. Though I'm going to say 102.

2 then died on the descent. -2

Bellamy's friend got euphanised. -1

Wells was murdered. -1

The little girl suicided. -1

A couple, girl and boy killed in mist. -2

New girl arrived from the station. +1

7 dead, 1 addition.

So the count left on the ground is 96, maybe 95 depending on whether Wells was 100 or 101.

3 died last week so there are now either 93 or 92 or 91 (if Murphy is dead) left
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    3 died last week so there are now either 93 or 92 or 91 (if Murphy is dead) left
    Will this just end up only being 1 left at the end of the show? lol. It's a bit like the Hunger Games :P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Will this just end up only being 1 left at the end of the show? lol. It's a bit like the Hunger Games :P

I'd prefer to see it as more like Battle Royale
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like that they're fairly ruthless about slaughtering some of the pretty teens (among others). I hope they keep it up. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I quite like that they're fairly ruthless about slaughtering some of the pretty teens (among others). I hope they keep it up. :)

Apart from Clarke, Bellamy, Octavia and Finn most of the 100 are cannon fodder anyway
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

not really

so far they seem to be killing the black teenagers and the plainer looking white kids with less than glorious hair

in fact I knew who was likely to die in the last ep just from how they looked ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Apart from Clarke, Bellamy, Octavia and Finn most of the 100 are cannon fodder anyway

Raven eclipses all of them imo

Clarke looks plain next to Raven, Octavia's low forehead disturbs me, while Bell, Finn and Jasper (+hair) all look rather similar
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fully agree with you. But you forget her other awful act; turning her husband in. Then releasing the bloody message herself!
    Good point. I don't mind that most of the ones on the ground are dislikeable, because most of them aren't meant to be liked. But she is.
    where's the suspense when viewers didn't even consider Wells to be a major character or cared enough to be upset when he was killed?
    There was no suspense; it was a surprise. Wells did seem to be quite a major character, because he was the son of the boss and the heroine's maybe-boyfriend. Nevertheless, the real shock and darkness was not so much his dying as the little girl killing him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    There was no suspense; it was a surprise. Wells did seem to be quite a major character, because he was the son of the boss and the heroine's maybe-boyfriend. Nevertheless, the real shock and darkness was not so much his dying as the little girl killing him.

even on those counts it's failed judging by some of the comments below:
    Wells was never supposed to be a character we cared about - we're supposed to care about Clarke, and the fact she hates him until it's too late.
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Most pointless twist ever and painfully set up.....it was like pulling teeth.

Kill off one of the main characters for no reason other than to play the Game Of Thrones card, anyone can die at anytime......yawn. .

and what's so shocking about a 12/13 year old knifing another teen in this day and age?
    you read about kids younger than that committing more violent crimes in the UK and without the excuse of living in a post apocalyptic society
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched tonight's episode a bit early as I was on Netflix Canada. Another good one. 'Tis all i'll say :)
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is turning out to be really good !

It's reminding me of the early series of 'Lost' before that show crawled up it's own backside
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and this is why it's at the BOTTOM of my list of series i'm watching .....

START PROJECT EXODUS
    DON'T COUNT NUMBER OF LIFEPODS

idiot writers

the rest is actually decent, but the script needs a serious look at for a second series
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    This is turning out to be really good !

It's reminding me of the early series of 'Lost' before that show crawled up it's own backside

Good point. I think the shorter seasons will help for one thing.

Although I don't recall Lost giving over so much time to the torture of one of the characters though :)
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I don't recall Lost giving over so much time to the torture of one of the characters though :)
    I felt that was a bit tedious - there were a couple of points during that when the girl should have used her blindingly obvious solution but that would have missed out the genius idea of spreading stuff out in front of the guy who they didn't know even spoke, never mind if that would even be English, and then asking him to tell them which one it was. For extra clever marks she could have asked him to point...

So the blue wires were an actual Chekov's Gun! Read that phrase recently, been dying to use it somewhere :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the torture scene was hilarious :D

lol US fan comment that it reminded him of the scene in Airplane! where everyone gets in line to beat up the lady - seatbelt whipping, stabbing, electrocution, etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FNkpIDBtC2c#t=18
    :D:D:D

so much for strong female characters - two clever & able young women weeping over a flabby two timing git in a banal love triangle *yawn*

the more I watch the more I find myself wishing that certain characters would just die namely Clarke, Finn and Bell
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not really

so far they seem to be killing the black teenagers and the plainer looking white kids with less than glorious hair

in fact I knew who was likely to die in the last ep just from how they looked ;-)

Well they looked pretty to me. :D
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »

START PROJECT EXODUS

idiot writers

the rest is actually decent, but the script needs a serious look at for a second series

Umm...that's nothing to do with the writers. It's an actual plot point. legitimate one, that to be honest was easy to see coming.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Umm...that's nothing to do with the writers. It's an actual plot point. legitimate one, that to be honest was easy to see coming.
    jenzie wrote: »

START PROJECT EXODUS

idiot writers

Something got me after watching the last ep. (Apart from: Where the hell is Kelly Hu?)

2,000 and change alive on station
    320 killed in the culling
    100 (101) sent to the surface.

So, call it 2,500 at start of series. If each family is only allowed 1 child that means that each generation would be halved. Conservatively, 3 generations of Spacers (kids on ground being 4th Gen) and take into account infertility and gender imbalance, you're talking around 8,500-9,000 originals. So why are there only enough pods for 700-ish?
    Am I off here? I have a headache

And. If the doctor isn't expendable due to her expertise. Why wasn't her husband who was the chief engineer when there was clearly a major problem that needed sorting asap.