Options

The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The character of Napper and The Actor playing him was embarrassing imo, an awfully written Caricature, who ruined all of the scenes he was in.

I thought Quinnan would have been a better option instead of Mickey Webb, Webb getting in with the top boys was a little bit unbelievable, whereas Quinnans character would have been more believable imo.

The actor playing Hughes was excellent imo, and i did like the relationship between him and Webb, when they were both talking about their personal lives i thought it was well written and acted.

The writing for Quinnan picking up on the fact that a lot of Police treat football fans as hooligans, is true, the way police still treat away fans is disgusting.

Brave of The Bill to cover this subject, but they often fell into the same traps that a lot of the films covering this fall into, in making the majority of characters a complete joke, terrible dialogue and unbelievable scenes. I always get a sense they are written by people who have never experienced an away day at football.
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    The character of Napper and The Actor playing him was embarrassing imo, an awfully written Caricature, who ruined all of the scenes he was in.

Ah, Jacko from Brushstrokes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    Ah, Jacko from Brushstrokes!

Yep,,,the person who cast him in that role, should have been sacked :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can somebody please remind me which was the first episode on the return to the "hour" format after years of "half -hour". I think episodes only had numbers at that time so the date of first broadcast would be helpful too. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Yep,,,the person who cast him in that role, should have been sacked :D
    The person who cast him as Napper or cast him as Jacko?

I say both.

Mind you he was more believable as a hooligan than Frodo Baggins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    The person who cast him as Napper or cast him as Jacko?

I say both.

Mind you he was more believable as a hooligan than Frodo Baggins.

LOL yep, Both :D:D

Green Street was pretty bad
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember what the ad is for but have I spotted Rod Skase in the one where they are all sitting round a boardroom table brainstorming some daft new insurance idea? He says something like "That's no good Gordon, Bennett have you got any ideas?".
  • Options
    guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Napper was in the daz advert daz does the hard work so you don't have to ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought Quinnan would have been a better option instead of Mickey Webb, Webb getting in with the top boys was a little bit unbelievable, whereas Quinnans character would have been more believable imo.

The actor playing Hughes was excellent imo, and i did like the relationship between him and Webb, when they were both talking about their personal lives i thought it was well written and acted.

The writing for Quinnan picking up on the fact that a lot of Police treat football fans as hooligans, is true, the way police still treat away fans is disgusting.

Brave of The Bill to cover this subject, but they often fell into the same traps that a lot of the films covering this fall into, in making the majority of characters a complete joke, terrible dialogue and unbelievable scenes. I always get a sense they are written by people who have never experienced an away day at football.
    Why did you not like nipper ?
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the Nap was credible as a borderline psychopathic hooligan. Certainly the story stood up well against films such as The Football Factory or Green Street, although there hasn't been anything to touch the fantastic performance of Gary Oldman in The Firm, against which all others must be compared, not to mention some of the thugs exposed by Donal McIntyre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I throught the nap did a good job .. He wax the daz man ...
  • Options
    f1fantic1f1fantic1 Posts: 2,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again Drama edited out parts of the scene where Webb punched Curtis after Hughes had died. Shame they aren't showing "Beech Is Back" though.
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    Can somebody please remind me which was the first episode on the return to the "hour" format after years of "half -hour". I think episodes only had numbers at that time so the date of first broadcast would be helpful too. Thanks in advance.

Deep End
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently they are showing 'Beech on the run' though - is this not connected?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Apparently they are showing 'Beech on the run' though - is this not connected?

It's connected but it's officially part of the series whereas "Beech Is Back" consisted of 6 "special" episodes..

I noted the trailer for the next episode at the end of "Britanniamania" was for "On A Clear Day", ignoring the fact that "Beech On The Run" and "Beech Is Back" were actually the next episodes to be transmitted back in 2001.
  • Options
    merrim01merrim01 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we will see Beech On The Run but not Beech Is Back?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    merrim01 wrote: »
    So we will see Beech On The Run but not Beech Is Back?
    Exactly so. BOTR is on today at noon and is a 90 minute episode. On A Clear Day goes out tomorrow (Tuesday) at noon:40.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beech on the run was enjoyable but wish they would show Beech is back too. Don Beech was a classic character :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    John Noble playing the police commander was in the US series Fringe. I like watching The Bill and seeing actors that have been in things recently, its a game of spot the actor/character :D.

Good episode, although i never really liked Claire Stanton as a character. Its a shame they are not showing Beech is back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Interesting Paul Usher who played Taviner hasn't done much since Robin Hood in 2006

He was in the sun newspaper yesterday some bad news his son age 24 has sadly died .
  • Options
    OLD BAGOLD BAG Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    guttridge wrote: »
    He was in the sun newspaper yesterday some bad news his son age 24 has sadly died .

Was he the guy who played Barry Grant in Brookside(CH4) ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OLD BAG wrote: »
    Was he the guy who played Barry Grant in Brookside(CH4) ?

Yes he was
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Beech on the run is on now, great film quality compared to the normal episodes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does cathy Bradford join?thats when I started watching the bill and loved it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When does cathy Bradford join?thats when I started watching the bill and loved it

Series 18 episode 5. About 4 months after the current Drama episodes aired on ITV.