Options

conor from bb13

sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
Forum Member
I never seen bb13 was thinking about watching it, was conor a really bad housemate or was he like dexter or sam pepper where a lot of people hate him but a lot of people love him, I could imagine him being a really good housemate so was just looking for some info on him?

Comments

• Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he was alright, bit of a prat but he did show some of his softer side on occasions.

I would of took the 50K too.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was pretty much invisible for the first few weeks.
    He wasn't a marmite hm, I reckon he has many more detractors than supporters.
    Afaic, he's remembered for 2 things... a nasty & disgusting "rap" about Deana, and the method in which he left
    (I won't go into details because those would be classed as spoilers).
    So yeah, a really bad housemate. Probably one of the worst housemates ever...
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unlike Dexter or Sam Pepper there wasn't an arguable entertainment factor. And before anyone comments on Dexter or Sam I used the word arguable. Connor was fairly bland apart from his nastier comments.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's fair to say that he was universally disliked on here.
    He never came across as a very nice chap at all, and the fact that he said some nasty things about what he'd do with Deana's epilator contributed to his downfall.
  • Options
    sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    was he quite boring or was he always entertaining to watch weather you like him or not, I hated Helen but was he like her causing controversy and drama all the time.
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    To be honest i always thought people overreacted. one annoying trait of ds is once the bb forums champion a certain housemate, they do no wrong, and that was very much the case with Deana.

Conor did say some absolutely disgusting things but at no point did he physically threaten her it was all talk and no action and him being quite stupid, Deana herself didn't really seem to care, but everyone here was ready to string him up! Some of the stuff I've heard off of Helen this year is worse but she hasn't got nearly half of the flack.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest i always thought people overreacted. one annoying trait of ds is once the bb forums champion a certain housemate, they do no wrong, and that was very much the case with Deana.

Conor did say some absolutely disgusting things but at no point did he physically threaten her it was all talk and no action and him being quite stupid, Deana herself didn't really seem to care, but everyone here was ready to string him up! Some of the stuff I've heard off of Helen this year is worse but she hasn't got nearly half of the flack.

Deana didn't know he'd said it.
    We were told by Emma that BB informed her,
    but Deana told us later (after the show) that they'd done nothing of the sort.
    She even ended up taking them to court.... but lost the case.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sultanina9 wrote: »
    I never seen bb13 was thinking about watching it, was conor a really bad housemate or was he like dexter or sam pepper where a lot of people hate him but a lot of people love him, I could imagine him being a really good housemate so was just looking for some info on him?

He was a real vile and nasty piece of crap. He treated Deana shockingly for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I'd even go as far as to say that there was maybe even racism behind Conor's hatred of Deana. He really was a vile piece of crap though. I personally wouldn't want to see that series again because of him. Very uncomfortable viewing.
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Conor did say some absolutely disgusting things but at no point did he physically threaten her it was all talk and no action and him being quite stupid, Deana herself didn't really seem to care, but everyone here was ready to string him up!

Totally agree with this. Deana was DS's designated saint who could do no wrong, and she had an army of sycophants ready to defend and whiteknight her to the death. The hysteria on here that year was ridiculous
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    He was a real vile and nasty piece of crap. He treated Deana shockingly for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

He really was a vile piece of crap though. I personally wouldn't want to see that series again because of him. Very uncomfortable viewing.

This ^^ and I wasn't a Deana fan - he was absolutely hideous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sangreal wrote: »
    Deana didn't know he'd said it.
    We were told by Emma that BB informed her,
    but Deana told us later (after the show) that they'd done nothing of the sort.
    She even ended up taking them to court.... but lost the case.

That'll be because of the clever way that very expensive lawyers can twist things in court.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    This ^^ and I wasn't a Deana fan - he was absolutely hideous.

You don't think there was racism behind Conor's hatred of her?
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That'll be because of the clever way that very expensive lawyers can twist things in court.

They were terrible comments but I can't really see what cause of action Deana would've had. She was unaware of the comments so there was no apprehension of imminent physical harm and she has suffered no loss in relation to the comments.
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Conor was a nasty piece of work...and there was always a strong hint of aggression when he spoke about those he didn't get on with in the house.

His rant against Deana was one of the worst things I've ever seen in BB.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...was a fugly, neanderthal cockwomble
  • Options
    GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In fairness, Conor hated everyone, including himself. The 'Protein shakes' - he was a large man, desperately wishing he could be as ripped as Luke S, or Aaron.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Conor was an absolute prick. and he still is an absolute prick. Nothing redeeming about him whatsoever. Ghastly housemate who just kept surviving as every week he was up against a housemate who did themselves no favours at the wrong time !
  • Options
    Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conor was a nasty piece of work...and there was always a strong hint of aggression when he spoke about those he didn't get on with in the house.

His rant against Deana was one of the worst things I've ever seen in BB.

I'll look for the rant on YouTube.

Was this nasty conor protected by BB? Like Helen was?
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,633
    Forum Member
    He was cheered on his exit.;-)
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Ba Na Na wrote: »
    I'll look for the rant on YouTube.

Was this nasty conor protected by BB? Like Helen was?

Nah, that year was the Luke A show...he was the chosen one that year.

But Conor was given a lot of rope by BB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably because the crowd was told to.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

and i expect nothing less from that rent a mob
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, that year was the Luke A show...he was the chosen one that year.

But Conor was given a lot of rope by BB.
    Such a shame they couldn't find something useful to do with it.........like string him up by the goolies :D
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    ...was a fugly, neanderthal cockwomble

Yes, that.