Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Close one last night ... Leanne nearly got a job outside the street but, fortunately, Dev saved the day by offering her work in the kebab shop ... with no discussion of wages or hours as usual.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can see it coming, cant you :D

Yep ... followed by her daughter appearing and, whatever her previous history or education, getting a job on the street.
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much a SOR as a bit of bad acting but when Andrea went to close the blinds, instead of just closing them and noticing Neil outside, she specifically looked out and it just happened to be where Neil was standing.

That and the Neil-walking-into-the-pub-right-after-the-countdown moment were so predictable.

True, it is predictable, but fits in with so many previously spotted SOR's on here in as much as it's stretching coincidence levels to breaking point, for example like people involved in rows always bumping into each other on the street!

I stand by my declaration until such a time as Meldrewman chooses to dismiss it! :D
  • Options
    spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,117
    Forum Member
    Finally somebody acknowledges the fact Simon is starting high school and it's peter, and he had to be drunk first, no wonder poor kid's so bloody miserable
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But after all that, he didn't have one of his two burgers a month, so does this mean that he can legitimately keep going back and not having one, until such a time as he succumbs and actually does have one, at which point he then has to wait 15 days before going back in again? :confused:

Every probability! In fact, telegraphing the fact that he hardly ever goes in but just happened to have one of his two visits a month coinciding with Leanne being there, to my mind underlines even more that the CS scriptwriters and/or producer do in fact read this thread and are taking the Michael (as played by Les Dennis ;) )

Hello Coronation Street scriptwriters and producer! :D

BIB After all that heavy laboured trouble of establishing to the viewers that Nick uses the Kebab shop, where he has 2 burgers a month, they didn't actually say whether it was a lunar month or a calendar month. Another SOR. ;-):D

A lunar month would mean he goes in 2/28 days or 1/14. A calendar month would be different unless he went into the kebab shop on a leap year in February, which would be the same as a lunar month. However, a 30 day month would be 2/15 or 1/7.5 and a 31 day month would be 2/31 or 1/15.5. I think that's right. Maths is not my strong subject.

If she stays any length of time, my guess is that January, March, May, July, August, October, and December will be Leanne's favourite months! ;-)

Now Leanne is working there, Nick will probably be in the kebab shop more than once a day! Sorry but I can't factor in the probability of Nick just randomly popping into the kebab shop for sneer and not for one of the 2 burgers a month he allows himself. :I suppose we will to watch each episode and count how many times Nick goes into the kebab shop and not have one of his 2 burgers a day and then some clever person can work out the probability of that and we can compare it to the times when he only goes into the kebab shop for one of his 2 burgers a month. D
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it a cheeseburger that Nick has twice a month !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    BIB After all that heavy laboured trouble of establishing to the viewers that Nick uses the Kebab shop, where he has 2 burgers a month, they didn't actually say whether it was a lunar month or a calendar month. Another SOR. ;-):D

A lunar month would mean he goes in 2/28 days or 1/14. A calendar month would be different unless he went into the kebab shop on a leap year in February, which would be the same as a lunar month. However, a 30 day month would be 2/15 or 1/7.5 and a 31 day month would be 2/31 or 1/15.5. I think that's right. Maths is not my strong subject.

If she stays any length of time, my guess is that January, March, May, July, August, October, and December will be Leanne's favourite months! ;-)

Now Leanne is working there, Nick will probably be in the kebab shop more than once a day! Sorry but I can't factor in the probability of Nick just randomly popping into the kebab shop for sneer and not for one of the 2 burgers a month he allows himself. :I suppose we will to watch each episode and count how many times Nick goes into the kebab shop and not have one of his 2 burgers a day and then some clever person can work out the probability of that and we can compare it to the times when he only goes into the kebab shop for one of his 2 burgers a month. D

This is all important stuff - well done for working it out! :D

PS. I'm really good with Excel, so if you like, I can keep a spreadsheet going!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it a cheeseburger that Nick has twice a month !

That's a good point

So, as far as we know, he allows him self other-varieties-of-burger-are-available-burgers, as well as kebabs at any time of the month!

Doh! All the maths has now gone to pot! ;)
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't paying a lot of attention, but weren't neil and andrea sitting in the bistro without a scrap of food or drink in front of them?

It was bad enough when the bistro allowed passers by to sit at the serving counter and drink, but it now seems their seats are available to anyone without a purchase.

Next it'll be people sheltering from the rain while waiting for the bus. Which will never come, because it only turns up when there are people at the stop!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good point

So, as far as we know, he allows him self other-varieties-of-burger-are-available-burgers, as well as kebabs at any time of the month!

Doh! All the maths has now gone to pot! ;)

I'm sure you're clever enough to factor it in!

Start calculating .......
    What is the probablity that on Wednesday Nick goes to the kebab shop and doesn't have a burger or cheeseburger but just sneers at Leanne?
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double standards?

Andrea and Neil told not to argue in front of customers V.S. Platts regularly shouting at each other in front of customers ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you're clever enough to factor it in!

Start calculating .......
    What is the probablity that on Wednesday Nick goes to the kebab shop and doesn't have a burger or cheeseburger but just sneers at Leanne?

Mathematically? Probably about 14 to 1 (as he's just been in so isn't due for over two weeks, allowing for the fact that he went in yesterday and won't be able to go in until tomorrow - there obviously is no Tuesday on The Street)

But as far as the story is concerned, more like, let's guess, erm, roundabout, er...... 100 to 1 :D
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't burgers be on the menu at the bistro? Why go elsewhere for them? Even if they aren't I'm sure the invisible chef could rustle some up for him.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Got a reply from David Nugent about the children still being at school, which says:

"I’m delighted to read you are paying close attention to what the residents of Coronation Street are getting up to. It is indeed school holidays in Weatherfield, but the children are still expected to work on their holiday projects hence the recent references to homework. I have of course ensured that your concerns about these references have reached both our Senior Script-Editor and Producer and do hope that this hasn’t spoilt your continued engagement with the drama we show."

He hasn't addressed the question of them still going to school though.

Not a convincing answer.
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Got a reply from David Nugent about the children still being at school, which says:

"I’m delighted to read you are paying close attention to what the residents of Coronation Street are getting up to."

Sarky prick.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"I’m delighted to read you are paying close attention to what the residents of Coronation Street are getting up to. It is indeed school holidays in Weatherfield, but the children are still expected to work on their holiday projects hence the recent references to homework. I have of course ensured that your concerns about these references have reached both our Senior Script-Editor and Producer and do hope that this hasn’t spoilt your continued engagement with the drama we show."

Not a convincing answer.

Sounds as if he's saying, in effect, here's no sort of answer at all for you saddos with no life.

'Homework' is used for work done at home on term time, not for holiday projects, and what about the other references to school? Evasive clever dick answer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sounds as if he's saying, in effect, here's no sort of answer at all for you saddos with no life.

'Homework' is used for work done at home on term time, not for holiday projects, and what about the other references to school? Evasive clever dick answer.
    I've emailed back about the references to school. Wait to see if I get a reply, or if the question's too hard!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't burgers be on the menu at the bistro? Why go elsewhere for them? Even if they aren't I'm sure the invisible chef could rustle some up for him.

They don't always taste the same. I still miss the ones I used to get from a takeaway near where I used to live. I've never found another shop that makes them quite so nice.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spjkelly wrote: »
    Finally somebody acknowledges the fact Simon is starting high school and it's peter, and he had to be drunk first, no wonder poor kid's so bloody miserable

We only ever seem to see kids at Bessie Street Primary School so it probably won't be mentioned again until he leaves high school. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,117
    Forum Member

Not a convincing answer.

Simon has left primary school so he can't have homework
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not a convincing answer.

Smug and didn't answer your question fully. Perhaps you should send him a full list of Corrie SORs and a link to this page! Or maybe we can all send him a different question.
  • Options
    MallyminxMallyminx Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    No doubt DN would say that the school comment referred to SUMMERSCHOOL!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member

Not a convincing answer.
    What a condensing reply. >:(
    Smug and didn't answer your question fully. Perhaps you should send him a full list of Corrie SORs and a link to this page! Or maybe we can all send him a different question.
    That would be brilliant. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by ewoodie
    He's the spokeperson for Coronation Street and his email address is david.nugent@itv.com
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    spjkelly wrote: »
    Simon has left primary school so he can't have homework

My 11 year old has left primary school too and he has shed loads of homework from his new school.
This discussion has been closed.