Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    m4rk1m4rk1 Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Odd init Rich, 'Corbyn' disappears just as the Edinburgh festival is on very very strange that.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Not.

Well I was listening to a slice of 5live today and they were chatting about the Cringe Festival and it appears there are more 'comedians' there than punters .

Yes, anyone who fancies their chances at cracking the best 'why did the chicken cross the road' gag can get a slot on the schedule. There are thousands of hopefuls all eager to hit the big time without doing so much as one WMC where the bottles fly if you can't muster a titter out the crowd. One uselessly unfunny hopeful on the programme even said no one turns up unless you're on the telly. She was on the telly too ,the BBC - courtesy of the taxpayer. We're even funding 5h1te comedy now through our taxes. :)

I think Fraudy must have shot off up the M1 the second he heard some schoolkid was popping along with his dog to cop some top top political humour.
  • Options
    liverpool_9009liverpool_9009 Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Billy - didn't see the fight. Will have to catch up on it in the week. Good to see that quite a few people on here who did watch the fight were able to give you their views on the decision though.

Don't know why Alan Brazil wasn't on the Sports Breakfast this morning but I can tell you that it wasn't a scheduled absence/holiday. Sam Matterface was trailing him to be presenting Monday's programme during his commentary on Liverpool v Southampton yesterday.

It was actually in the schedules last week that Danny Kelly was going to fill in from Mon-Thurs.

A lot of the trails throughout talkSPORT is error ridden. The worst is when Mike Graham trails the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast with Alan and guest at 5am, only for a Danny Kelly or Ian Danter to be heard an hour later having been scheduled for over a week!
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m4rk1 wrote: »
    Well I was listening to a slice of 5live today and they were chatting about the Cringe Festival and it appears there are more 'comedians' there than punters .

Yes, anyone who fancies their chances at cracking the best 'why did the chicken cross the road' gag can get a slot on the schedule. There are thousands of hopefuls all eager to hit the big time without doing so much as one WMC where the bottles fly if you can't muster a titter out the crowd. One uselessly unfunny hopeful on the programme even said no one turns up unless you're on the telly. She was on the telly too ,the BBC - courtesy of the taxpayer. We're even funding 5h1te comedy now through our taxes. :)

I think Fraudy must have shot off up the M1 the second he heard some schoolkid was popping along with his dog to cop some top top political humour.

So anyone can just turn up and have a go at the Edinburgh Comedy Festival can they?, lol, I wondered how he got on there every year. :D God I would have loved to have seen how he coped in our local club on a Saturday night after they'd chucked 7 pints of Sam Smiths down their thirsty necks the chances are by 10.50 he'd have been lynched to one of the street lamps outside on the street. :D

Tim Vine has won "Funniest joke of the festival" again, .... "I’ve decided to sell my Hoover… well, it was just collecting dust" BOOM BOOM. :D

Matt's entry finished 625th out of 625 entries. :p "They all laughed at me at school when I said one day I am going to become a comedian, ...... well I did and they're not laughing now"

Actually that's too funny for Matt. :p
  • Options
    m4rk1m4rk1 Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So anyone can just turn up and have a go at the Edinburgh Comedy Festival can they?, lol, I wondered how he got on there every year. :D God I would have loved to have seen how he coped in our local club on a Saturday night after they'd chucked 7 pints of Sam Smiths down their thirsty necks the chances are by 10.50 he'd have been lynched to one of the street lamps outside on the street. :D

Tim Vine has won "Funniest joke of the festival" again, .... "I’ve decided to sell my Hoover… well, it was just collecting dust" BOOM BOOM. :D

Matt's entry finished 625th out of 625 entries. :p "They all laughed at me at school when I said one day I am going to become a comedian, ...... well I did and they're not laughing now"

It's a Bob Monkhouse joke.

Haven't seen Bob on the box for some time now . I hope he's well:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m4rk1 wrote: »
    It's a Bob Monkhouse joke.

Haven't seen Bob on the box for some time now . I hope he's well:)

Me neither not sure what's happened to him as I heard two different versions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Brazil, football writer now since banned on talkSPORT Rob Shepherd and ex breakfast show presenter Ronnie Irani discussing cricketer Michael Yardley's depression and just wondered if anybody wanted to hear it again.

Ronnie comes out of it very well I have to say, sympathetic and understanding, sadly the two dinosaurs alongside him have little compassion as will be remembered by many.

http://bit.ly/1yUAZEW
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was going through all my old audio files and found this one of Alan Brazil, football writer now since banned on talkSPORT Rob Shepherd and ex breakfast show presenter Ronnie Irani discussing cricketer Michael Yardley's depression and just wondered if anybody wanted to hear it again.

Ronnie comes out of it very well I have to say, sympathetic and understanding, sadly the two dinosaurs alongside him have little compassion as will be remembered by many.

http://bit.ly/1yUAZEW

Yardy BTW, but yes, it very much shows he doesn't care what people think, he's offending before, and he'll carry on.

Both Moore and Irani stood up to him, which is at least encouraging that younger people have a good deal more understanding than these ignorant old oafs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yardy BTW, but yes, it very much shows he doesn't care what people think, he's offending before, and he'll carry on.

Both Moore and Irani stood up to him, which is at least encouraging that younger people have a good deal more understanding than these ignorant old oafs.

Ta mate told ya a knows f all about cricket din a.
  • Options
    hiawathahiawatha Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's one of Bob Monkhouse's jokes from 25 plus years ago. Fordey must think people have forgotten it and will credit the self styled "stand up comedian" for it.
    His greatest supporter (FM) has made no mention of it on another forum.
  • Options
    old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long has Brazil been suspended for?anyone know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hiawatha wrote: »
    That's one of Bob Monkhouse's jokes from 25 plus years ago. Fordey must think people have forgotten it and will credit the self styled "stand up comedian" for it.
    His greatest supporter (FM) has made no mention of it on another forum.

Fordey didn't really submit that gag Hiawatha I just wrote it for a cheap laugh sorry. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old oak wrote: »
    How long has Brazil been suspended for?anyone know?

SUSPENDED? :o is he really?.

(13.14)
    Just checked next door where they know all about suspensions and thus nowt there so me thinks yas on a wind-up thur oakey. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    The odious baffoon Brazil will never be booted from TS. I've complained to Alice Furse before about Brazil's freeloading and drunken state, and her reply was that was the audience loves about the show. Bloody madness
  • Options
    old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SUSPENDED? :o is he really?.

(13.14)
    Just checked next door where they know all about suspensions and thus nowt there so me thinks yas on a wind-up thur oakey. :p

I heard he had been suspended over the Robin Williams stuff.Lets see what he says(I won't ) when he returns.
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think old oak is making mischief here, I think it's very plausible that talkSPORT/UTV Radio management have decided to suspend Alan Brazil for at least a week after taking stock of the Robin Williams situation, the reaction to it and having weighed up what they are able to do in response to it without contravening employment law.

I cannot fault them for wanting to have taken some time for consideration before acting and looking to keep things as low key as possible, I think this approach is entirely reasonable and sensible.

That being said, there's no suggestion that Alan will be leaving the show/station. From reading this thread I understand his absence has been mentioned on the breakfast show, albeit not explained, and he features heavily in a trailer for talkSPORT's TuneIn platform that has been newly introduced this week.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it certainly is conceivable that he breached his contract with his idiocy, and lawyers have been looking over it. Of course we'd have to know what the contract says, but as he's previous in this department

Not doing an on-air apology just seems pig-headed in the extreme. I've often wondered if Brazil really wants this job, he clearly likes the money and the kudos, but I think if they were to offer him a decent settlement, he'll be down the pub and in the bookies with it. Perhaps do a weekend show.

Reckon he could get work for BTSport or somewhere as co-commentator to keep the beer money trickling in.

Without being to harsh on Brazil, health-wise you can't think he'll be going on at Talksport for years, let's face it if he was to get ill, where's the back-up plan? It seems short-term planning to bank on him.
  • Options
    Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think old oak is making mischief here, I think it's very plausible that talkSPORT/UTV Radio management have decided to suspend Alan Brazil for at least a week after taking stock of the Robin Williams situation, the reaction to it and having weighed up what they are able to do in response to it without contravening employment law.

I cannot fault them for wanting to have taken some time for consideration before acting and looking to keep things as low key as possible, I think this approach is entirely reasonable and sensible.

That being said, there's no suggestion that Alan will be leaving the show/station. From reading this thread I understand his absence has been mentioned on the breakfast show, albeit not explained, and he features heavily in a trailer for talkSPORT's TuneIn platform that has been newly introduced this week.

I used to use the tunein app on my phone for US rock stations. It was practically the perfect radio app.
    But they updated it earlier in the year and made it so crap that its unusable.
    Given that the talksport app is as useless as Brazil's humanity, and that theyre no longer on the Norn Iron mux on DAB (nice one UTV), and that their AM signal is nonexistent around here...oh and that TS is shitter than Brazil's absence excuses, it means i havent listened to it for a donkey's age apart from online occasionally during the World Cup.

If tunein is working okay now, I might try again, if only to sneer at the leeching Glashow pishtank on some mornings. But mainly for Classic 98 rock WIYY Baltimore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    If brazil has been suspended,he will love it,means can drink even more now,not haveing to worry about getting up early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry12 wrote: »
    If brazil has been suspended,he will love it,means can drink even more now,not haveing to worry about getting up early.

I think it's possible he's under suspension but if so I'm pretty shocked it's not leaked out by now these things usually do. I agree if he is he'll make the most of it and all those posh restaurant and bar owners and their waiters and bar staff will all be running around like blue arsed flies feeding and watering him until he's full to burst.

http://youtu.be/rXH_12QWWg8
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry12 wrote: »
    Suspended on full pay no doubt.

Nice work if you CAN'T get it!
  • Options
    ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Suspended on full pay no doubt.

Nice work if you CAN'T get it!

At least two massive unsubstantiated assumptions there. We don't even know whether he's been suspended, let alone whether it's on full pay or not.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it certainly is conceivable that he breached his contract with his idiocy, and lawyers have been looking over it. Of course we'd have to know what the contract says, but as he's previous in this department

Not doing an on-air apology just seems pig-headed in the extreme. I've often wondered if Brazil really wants this job, he clearly likes the money and the kudos, but I think if they were to offer him a decent settlement, he'll be down the pub and in the bookies with it. Perhaps do a weekend show.

Reckon he could get work for BTSport or somewhere as co-commentator to keep the beer money trickling in.

Without being to harsh on Brazil, health-wise you can't think he'll be going on at Talksport for years, let's face it if he was to get ill, where's the back-up plan? It seems short-term planning to bank on him.

I honestly have no knowledge if Big Al's been suspended, suffice to say it would not surprise me. I think you make a good point when you ask 'does he want the job'? I think it's getting to the stage that if he could get out of it he might. He signed a three-year contract towards the end of 2013, so there is just over two years still to go. At the time he re-signed Alan commented on the air that it would probably be his last contract, I don't think he was being facetious, but who knows for sure? That said, perhaps he might take a settlement which encompassed TS paying him for the remainder of his contract and both sides walk away, the legal term for such a deal is 'An Arms Length Agreement' where both parties are responsible for their own legal fees and no one would be responsible for the other's costs whatever is agreed. Following such a settlement there would be no reason why Alan could not take freelance appointments at TS (and elsewhere).

I do have to add that of course there may be no sinister reason for Alan's absence but the timing of it following his comments last week do beg the question of what is going on.
  • Options
    Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quinn : Some teams in the Championship will end up in mid-table mediocrity.

There's a good chance he might be right on that one.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Mills wrote: »
    Quinn : Some teams in the Championship will end up in mid-table mediocrity.

There's a good chance he might be right on that one.

ha ha ... he just might Mrs M.

Compares to what Warnock said last year when he told us all that 'Liverpool had no European games to interfere with their bid for the title .. ". He compounded this "vital" information by going on to say that "no one else has noticed this .. ":D Yep, honestly ...
This discussion has been closed.