Options

WWE Network

Comments

• Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, I would be quite pissed off to only get 38 hours of OD footage whilst 171 countries get every PPV.

Yes but at the same time its different to the "normal" network method so going to take time to get everything up and running.

They could have delayed the date so they could have more content but all we got to do is look at some of the posts here alone to see people complaining about not getting the network or even a date for when they getting it

This is a new "new" thing for WWE and Rogers.

If they still in the same place 5/6 months down the line then yes thats the time to start complaining.
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else struggling to play videos in Chrome? Works in FF but browser of choice is Chrome. All I get is the loading circle and that is it. Tried clearing cache and that didn't work.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,005
    Forum Member
    Ocado wrote: »
    Is anyone else struggling to play videos in Chrome? Works in FF but browser of choice is Chrome. All I get is the loading circle and that is it. Tried clearing cache and that didn't work.

I had the same problems with Chrome when I first signed up, I'm not quite sure why but I just stopped using it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, seems like I will need to use different browser then.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, seems like I will need to use different browser then.

Try Maxathon i use it and never had any problems.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I haven't been able to get it to work on Firefox in the last few days.Last time i tried was yesterday morning.Have been using IE.I may consider the browser gother mentioned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Figured it out. Went to watch the United game online through Virgin in Chrome and somehow the Pepper flash player had been enabled which meant I had to disable that. Went to the Network and it works fine now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now got it playing on Firefox but i had to disable my ad blocker which i didn't have to do before.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume it won't be long before we find out for sure whether or not that Sky have any involvement with the UK Network launch. If they do, we would likely see promo videos airing by early September.

It's not out of the question that the delayed launch may be due to the fact that Sky still have one free PPV to come in September and the Network cannot launch until after then.
  • Options
    Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    September is the last ppv on sky sports
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there something you need to do in order to get the Network to play on another browser? I just signed up using Firefox but since that sucks big time, I need to try it using another browser but it only works in Firefox for me. I get this is not available in this location everywhere else.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just being a pain just for me?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are you using as your VPN?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anonymoux?

Would I need to change it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ignore. All sorted :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried watching Summerslam earlier on Firefox but got too much starting & stopping.Changed over to IE & it played fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice that no more 1995 episodes of Raw have been added in the last couple of weeks. I presume they are waiting until the Monday Night War documentary series premieres and they will then begin adding both Raw and Nitro episodes from that period.
  • Options
    jrmich9jrmich9 Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume it won't be long before we find out for sure whether or not that Sky have any involvement with the UK Network launch. If they do, we would likely see promo videos airing by early September.

It's not out of the question that the delayed launch may be due to the fact that Sky still have one free PPV to come in September and the Network cannot launch until after then.

Q4 runs October to December.

So, in Q3 (July - Sept) the Network launched worldwide and in Canada.

Following this, the last really big money spike (or so WWE hopes) is the UK. This way, in the quarterly earnings calls, there will be 'good news' for Q3 with the Canada Rogers deal turnover and worldwide WWE Network turnover.

Then rather than having everything happening in Q3, they're saving the UK subscriptions cash cow for Q4. Staggering it in this way gives an impression of steady growth - which they will hope has a positive effect on share price as they report this quarter on quarter growth back to investors.

Then, going back to Q1 in 2015 - more subscriber growth is bound to occur as Wrestlemania season begins and the WWE Network features Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania, and adds more content as well.

The Sky PPV is likely a convenient coincidence with the timing - Sky were very aware of the nature of the WWE Network from its inception, particularly during the latest TV deal negotiations where all monthly events were moved to a PPV structure on the Sky platform - in part, due to the projected WWE Network launch in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jrmich9 wrote: »
    Q4 runs October to December.

So, in Q3 (July - Sept) the Network launched worldwide and in Canada.

Following this, the last really big money spike (or so WWE hopes) is the UK. This way, in the quarterly earnings calls, there will be 'good news' for Q3 with the Canada Rogers deal turnover and worldwide WWE Network turnover.

Then rather than having everything happening in Q3, they're saving the UK subscriptions cash cow for Q4. Staggering it in this way gives an impression of steady growth - which they will hope has a positive effect on share price as they report this quarter on quarter growth back to investors.

Then, going back to Q1 in 2015 - more subscriber growth is bound to occur as Wrestlemania season begins and the WWE Network features Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania, and adds more content as well.

The Sky PPV is likely a convenient coincidence with the timing - Sky were very aware of the nature of the WWE Network from its inception, particularly during the latest TV deal negotiations where all monthly events were moved to a PPV structure on the Sky platform - in part, due to the projected WWE Network launch in the UK.

The delay does make sense after reading that. I hope they do keep in mind that many UK fans already subscribe to the network when they do their projections for potential UK subscriber numbers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question I know the PPV's live stream on the Network but if you can't for any reason watch live when do they air otherwise?
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    If you have the US version you can watch any programme at any time - once it has aired.
    Quick question I know the PPV's live stream on the Network but if you can't for any reason watch live when do they air otherwise?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not got it but just wondering assuming when it launches here that we get the same version the US get.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not got it but just wondering assuming when it launches here that we get the same version the US get.

As it stands right now we will get the us version :)
  • Options
    eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we can almost safely assume that we will have the same WWE Network as everyone else bar Canada. Sky's involvement going forward is interesting- for example in last week's Smackdown they plugged the network. This may be a condition of the new contract.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eljmayes wrote: »
    I think we can almost safely assume that we will have the same WWE Network as everyone else bar Canada. Sky's involvement going forward is interesting- for example in last week's Smackdown they plugged the network. This may be a condition of the new contract.

I wouldn't say we can assume that just yet. There has been no official word from either Sky or WWE on what version will launch the UK. All we know is that it will launch on October 1st.

One possible reason for the delay is WWE only announced the international launch date 12 days in advance. Sky may have requested a delayed launch so they can properly promote the Network here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's as simple wwe want to say to shockholers if they don't get the numbers they want in Q3 don't worry we got the uk to come in October so don't panic:)