Options

Did James think Gary was being homophobic or just too crude?

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
I'm a bit confused as to what that was all about? His reaction was as if he thought it was a homophobic comment but I didn't find it homophobic at al? A bit crude yes, but something that crude isn't worth such a reaction?

Comments

• Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    James overreacted to make himself look good.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

Instead he made himself look foolish ;) they all see Gary as a threat because they KNOW he will be one of the faves .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Well it's ok for him to bend over and talk in a camp voice towards Leslie but not ok for Gary to be a bit crude. I think he was offended at being accused of being gay the way he reacted
  • Options
    jojo the joyfuljojo the joyful Posts: 17,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I saw was.

Gary made a remark that was a bit over the lone.

Being a dancer James has probably been subject to all sorts of "homosexual" labels, many I would guess are homophobic.

But why would Gary joke in such a specific way about a married man, he didn't call him gay, he called him a closet gay who would enjoy such things.

My guess is James can take being thought of as gay but can not handle being thought of as a gay man pretending to be straight. ( Ola IS HOT & I am a straight female:D)

May be Gary didn't say anything too offensive in the normal run of the mill, but he had only met the guy 24 hours earlier & should not have gone that far.

"Oh He is American" When in Rome etc.

Mr Unjoyful is at present moving into the spare room as he sided with Gary.

I side with James :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    From what I saw was.

Being a dancer James has probably been subject to all sorts of "homosexual" labels, many I would guess are homophobic.

But why would Gary joke in such a specific way about a married man, he didn't call him gay, he called him a closet gay who would enjoy such things.

My guess is James can take being thought of as gay but can not handle being thought of as a gay man pretending to be straight. ( Ola IS HOT & I am a straight female:D)

May be Gary didn't say anything too offensive in the normal run of the mill, but he had only met the guy 24 hours earlier & should not have gone that far.

I think you have hit the nail right on the head and I also side with James.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just watching it. I don't like James at all, he was just saying all that because its on camera in my opinion. Its ok for him to make a joke to Leslie, but then Gary says a joke implying he is Gay, and he gets all upset, i thought he said he was comfortable in his sexuality. I could see that James could have thought Gary was being crude, but he seemed more upset with what Gary was implying, it looked like James over reacted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Just watching it. I don't like James at all, he was just saying all that because its on camera in my opinion. Its ok for him to make a joke to Leslie, but then Gary says a joke implying he is Gay, and he gets all upset, i thought he said he was comfortable in his sexuality. I could see that James could have thought Gary was being crude, but he seemed more upset with what Gary was implying, it looked like James over reacted.

Yes James is comfortable with his sexuality as a straight heterosexual man. Gary's "Joke" implied he was nothing of the sort but a closet Gay man.

It also implied indirectly that his marriage to Ola was something of a smoke screen. It may have been a joke but in very very bad taste & James is not at fault for taking offence
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yes James is comfortable with his sexuality as a straight heterosexual man. Gary's "Joke" implied he was nothing of the sort but a closet Gay man.

It also implied indirectly that his marriage to Ola was something of a smoke screen. It may have been a joke but in very very bad taste & James is not at fault for taking offence

you got all that from what Gary said :confused:, i don't even think Gary knows who James is or who he is married to, or whether he is Gay or Straight. He saw James making a joke and joined in. What he said was a little bit crude, but i think James took it that he was implying something about his sexuality and over reacted, but thats just my opinion
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    you got all that from what Gary said :confused:, i don't even think Gary knows who James is or who he is married to, or whether he is Gay or Straight. He saw James making a joke and joined in. What he said was a little bit crude, but i think James took it that he was implying something about his sexuality and over reacted, but thats just my opinion

Which makes it all a bit out of order.

I know Gary was joking, but in this case the joke was not funny.

Heck rhumble, Mr Unjoyful is on Gary's side & would be the first one to take offence if the 'joke' was directed at him :D

I am not a James fan as such but do side with him on this occasion.

I am off to bed now & work tomorrow, so if I don't reply it's because I am not here :D

Sweet dreams until next time
    xx
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I saw was.

Agree completely.
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which makes it all a bit out of order.

Heck rhumble, Mr Unjoyful is on Gary's side & would be the first one to take offence if the 'joke' was directed at him :D

I am not a James fan as such but do side with him on this occasion.

I am off to bed now & work tomorrow, so if I don't reply it's because I am not here :D

Sweet dreams until next time
    xx

So when someone "acts out" something, that's not offensive. But when someone describes that "act" with words, that's offensive.

James is an idiot.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Some jokes fail.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    So when someone "acts out" something, that's not offensive. But when someone describes that "cat" with words, that's offensive.

James is an idiot.

Exactly

and BIB too right.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    I didn't interpret James crude joke with Leslie as having anything to do with homosexuality. When Leslie donned the white glove and James assumed the position I thought it was a joke about a full body search :confused::blush:

Therefore I think James was irritated with Gary insinuating / joking about him being gay. Whether that means James or Gary is homophobic I'm not too sure at this stage.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Gary thought they were all joking, were all lads together so threw in a crude sweary joke.

MASSIVE MASSIVE overreaction by James.
    Made himself look proper stupid.
  • Options
    SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James said according to BOTS that "He doesn't need anger management. He just needs people to stop pissing him off." Jamies is a hothead. He always has been. And he was indignant that Gary would dare take the piss out of him. is all.
  • Options
    sulasula Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    The person I felt the most sympathy for was Leslie who just quietly left the room. The insinuation, made by Gary, that Leslie has the vaseline at the ready plays into the stereotype of the predatory gay man who will assault straight men whether they like it or not. That was the most offensive thing to my mind.
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Gary wants his pay cheque sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    sula wrote: »
    The person I felt the most sympathy for was Leslie who just quietly left the room. The insinuation, made by Gary, that Leslie has the vaseline at the ready plays into the stereotype of the predatory gay man who will assault straight men whether they like it or not. That was the most offensive thing to my mind.

It was James who Gary insinuated had little tubes of vaseline in his suitcase wasn't it :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    It was James who Gary insinuated had little tubes of vaseline in his suitcase wasn't it :confused:

Yes.

--

Someone said when Ricci lost the rock paper scissors game that Gary would be more upset now because it was a man going in to his bed.

ahaha.

Edit: It was Audley.
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James played the faux moral outrage card and got spanked by a man who actually terrifies him. He then backed down, before standing up in front of the gossip mongers and righteously announcing that he didn't want to talk about it.

He then went on about it all night because Gary twisted his confused melon into a pulp.
  • Options
    LostInTheShadowLostInTheShadow Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    The way I saw it was that Gary tried to join in on the joke, and James didn't see the funny side, because he lacks a sense of humour, and he got confrontational and aggressive. Instead of being down-to-earth and laughing at the joke, he chose to take it seriously like a personal slight and he let his ego get in the way. That's why James reacted the way he did. It's clear though that Gary won't be bullied, because I do think that was a bit of bullying tactic coming from James.
  • Options
    sulasula Posts: 188
    Forum Member

Sorry, you're right, just watched it back. I'm deaf as a post!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a massive over reaction too. It was a bit ironic that James was telling Gary Americans and Brits have a different sense of humour when it was he who took offence in the first place.
    I just think James was spoiling for a fight with someone and now Gary is as confused as ever.
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sula wrote: »
    Sorry, you're right, just watched it back. I'm deaf as a post!

So do you also want to take back (or better yet, edit out) the accusation about Gary and his motivation?