Options

At least 250 'British' ISIS terrorists BACK on UK soil

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2730602/The-homegrown-jihadists-fighting-ISIS-How-one-four-foreigners-signed-Islamic-State-British-half-ALREADY-UK.html?offset=100&max=100&jumpTo=comment-61967017#comment-61967017
The Government says there are around 500 British among the fighters while a further 250 are thought to have already returned to the UK where the police and security services are attempting to watch them.

I can understand wanting to keep an eye on them, but simply why let them back in in the first place. I hate how the government is so relaxed with this whole scenario. The UK is at risk.

Comments

• Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it occurred to you that some if them have come back because they didn't like what they found out there?

This time last year Mr Cameron was extolling those brave anti-Assad fighters and sulking because his suggestion that British forces should join them was voted down.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Has it occurred to you that some if them have come back because they didn't like what they found out there?

They should complain to ABTA.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,818
    Forum Member
    3sweet5u wrote: »
    I can understand wanting to keep an eye on them, but simply why let them back in in the first place. I hate how the government is so relaxed with this whole scenario. The UK is at risk.

Presumably because they are British.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    previous governments were even worse..they're all really lax and dont seem to count people in and out anymore..the eu is partly to blame.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is reassuring.

Maybe it's time to move to Alaska to avoid these people.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Well this is reassuring.

Maybe it's time to move to Alaska to avoid these people.

Two words Sarah Palin! Alaska has its own problems!
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2730602/The-homegrown-jihadists-fighting-ISIS-How-one-four-foreigners-signed-Islamic-State-British-half-ALREADY-UK.html?offset=100&max=100&jumpTo=comment-61967017#comment-61967017

Where else would they go? If they are British I don't think we can legally refuse to allow people back into the country. No other country has an obligation to take them.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »

They're butchering and raping for a foreign power. British? I don't think so. These jihadists are enemy aliens and they are in our midst.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We should take them back, its just like when we all kickoff about keeping other countries terrorists etc.. here, we want them sent back, so its only right we should take our own bloody scum back.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    They should complain to ABTA.

lol...
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    Where else would they go? If they are British I don't think we can legally refuse to allow people back into the country. No other country has an obligation to take them.

Let them stay in their Caliphate desert sands dreaming of severed heads and sex slaves stolen away from their homes. Let them rot there where they're happy.
    If that's against the law then make a new law. Their rights don't come before national security.
    In the mean time, start investigating families whede sons have mysteriously been missing at unknown destinations. No one, for example, is telling me that 'john' has gone unrecognised by his family and friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This time last year Mr Cameron was extolling those brave anti-Assad fighters and sulking because his suggestion that British forces should join them was voted down.

Who cares? They knew what they were getting themselves into by even thinking about joining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »

They gave up their right to be British when they decided to go over there and fight.
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No he wasn't. He waswanting our forces to help the FFree Syrian Army, a moderate group who are fighting for democracy. The Islamic State and the FSA are two different organisations. Our failure to support the FSA has made the Islamic State more powerful.

After our army has finished eliminating the Islamic State, I hope they will go through our own population and eliminate people who are so stupid they think the Islamic State and the FSA are the same. It should be illegal for such stupid idiots to live. Their existence is outrageous!
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    wns_195 wrote: »
    No he wasn't. He was wanting our forces to help the FFree Syrian Army, a moderate group who are fighting for democracy. The Islamic State and the FSA are two different organisations. Our failure to support the FSA has made the Islamic State more powerful.

After our army has finished eliminating the Islamic State, I hope they will go through our own population and eliminate people who are so stupid they think the Islamic State and the FSA are the same. It should be illegal for such stupid idiots to live. Their existence is outrageous!

Ah yes, the plucky little Free Syrian Army, and if Assad was removed we would have exactly the same situation as we now have in Iraq. The Middle East should teach us that the extremists always win out if a dictatorship is removed. Even Cameron can't be that stupid not to know that.

The idea that Assad would go and Syria wouldn't be infested with extremist vermin is an absolute joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    Let them stay in their Caliphate desert sands dreaming of severed heads and sex slaves stolen away from their homes. Let them rot there where they're happy.
    If that's against the law then make a new law. Their rights don't come before national security.
    In the mean time, start investigating families whede sons have mysteriously been missing at unknown destinations. No one, for example, is telling me that 'john' has gone unrecognised by his family and friends.

The problem is we're largely reliant on a non-cooperative muslim population. If so-and-so knows that they're friend or relative was in Iraq or Syria they're hardly going to dob them into the authorities. They'll just merge back into the Islamic communities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    They're butchering and raping for a foreign power. British? I don't think so. These jihadists are enemy aliens and they are in our midst.

Agreed. It's like having home-grown Nazis wandering around the streets of London during World War Two.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,609
    Forum Member
    They gave up their right to be British when they decided to go over there and fight.

Your nationality is not something that can be taken away. Except possibly if you have dual nationality.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Allow them back in,
    Arrest them if they break any laws.
    Pretty simple really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Allow them back in,
    Pretty simple really.

Why give them the chance? They obviously hate the country enough to want to fight in the middle east, so why bother giving them a chance to come back? Let them stay in the sand countries. Better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure of their exact legal situation after going abroad to commit a crime (supporting terrorism), but surely they can at least be arrested if they try to return to Britain?
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,609
    Forum Member
    Why give them the chance? They obviously hate the country enough to want to fight in the middle east, so why bother giving them a chance to come back? Let them stay in the sand countries. Better safe than sorry.

As has been pointed out previously, we don't have a choice. We can't realistically refuse entry to British citizens.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member

I'd rather have them inside pissing out, than outside pissing in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Allow them back in,
    Pretty simple really.

Under terrorism laws we don't even need to wait for them to break laws do we?
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I'd rather have them inside pissing out, than outside pissing in.

Why do you assume they would not use their new-found killing expertise and brutal mindset to kill their fellow Brits?