Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    The various yoghurt ads that are going with a Greek theme. Boring and overdone.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    It's not Audrey's fault they pasted her into some crappy ad, to be fair :p

It looks like Audrey is CGI pasted over real people.
  • Options
    McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    The Malteser ad with the bloke, girl and straw. The sucking noises make me sick >:(
    It's the simpering noise she makes that gets to me ...yuk!
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    It looks like Audrey is CGI pasted over real people.

However they did it, it's not her fault :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    McColl wrote: »

It must be weird for them seeing themselves on tv again after 14 years. In fact, I think it'd be pretty depressing if they've not had much work since 'oh look, there's me when I was young', they're probably in their late 40's, early 50's now!
  • Options
    TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    It must be weird for them seeing themselves on tv again after 14 years. In fact, I think it'd be pretty depressing if they've not had much work since 'oh look, there's me when I was young', they're probably in their late 40's, early 50's now!

They're probably just happy to receive the royalties.
  • Options
    middsmidds Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    However they did it, it's not her fault :p

Well... Not exactly, it'll be the fault of her sons.

Wonder if they sold it to them by saying they wanted to depict her in a daring theft from a bus and a getaway by jumping into the back of an open top car.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Telenaut wrote: »
    They're probably just happy to receive the royalties.

Edit: Nevermind, it appears some actors do get paid per airing, there was some dispute. They can also choose a flat rate at a higher amount. This was from a US site though, so not sure if it's the same everywhere, or how accurate the information is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    midds wrote: »
    Well... Not exactly, it'll be the fault of her sons.

Wonder if they sold it to them by saying they wanted to depict her in a daring theft from a bus and a getaway by jumping into the back of an open top car.

Exactly, not her decision, she's been dead over 20 years. I don't think it's a particularly bad ad though, it's just been shown a lot!
  • Options
    TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Exactly, not her decision, she's been dead over 20 years. I don't think it's a particularly bad ad though, it's just been shown a lot!

It's a terrible advert.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Telenaut wrote: »
    It's a terrible advert.

Meh, I don't mind it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    McColl wrote: »

It's a bit like sort of...erm.... "Bed" type noises....

Too personal.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see the "Whens' a Your Dolmio Day" Family have got a new ad - In which Little Wifey (her with the long hair) looks even more like a Little Dolly Child than before. She's a standing next to Mama Whilst' a Mama maka Da Chicken Yukky Dish for Din Dins

If I were Italian I'd be steaming mad at the stereotyping.
    >:(>:(
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Aldi ad with the woman comparing Magnum to Aldi's version where the woman takes a bite of the ice cream lolly and then throws the rest away!!!!!!!

I like her and her accent makes her seem more approachable for ordinary blokes.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    No 7 ad - "we blocked out mirrors for these women ..... weeks later" (shocked faces) .... really?? Pretty sure they have known a slight change at somepoint :confused:

It's a load of crap anyway. Whether simply having a wash/putting in makeup in the morning, or using the loo at work, they'll come across mirrors and/or require them, anyway.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't know if its been said already but the awful lenor advert with an annoying American woman screeching down the camera as she throws balls of whatever it is into the washing machine
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    It's a load of crap anyway. Whether simply having a wash/putting in makeup in the morning, or using the loo at work, they'll come across mirrors and/or require them, anyway.

Misleading?? .... whats the address for OFwhotheheckcaresCOM? :D
  • Options
    jjrussjjruss Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    That No7 protect serum advert has been driving me mad. The woman do my nut in. Do they really expect us to believe they went a whole 4 weeks without looking in the mirror *rolls eyes*
    But it looks as though they all applied makeup without the mirrors, and did their hair etc. Etc. Stupid advert >:(
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    jjruss wrote: »
    But it looks as though they all applied makeup without the mirrors, and did their hair etc. Etc. Stupid advert >:(

I agree, plus they didn't look any better imo.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most annoying advert at the moment is ANY ADVERT! :D

Exactly, they are all annoying, probably because they are made by advertising agencies that intend them for a viewing audience of backward 4 year old children.

Sensible adverts I can tolerate but few are. They have adults singing silly turgid songs or doing stupid things and wonder why people cannot wait to switch them off at the first opportunity.

If I were an advertiser I would be embarrassed to put this junk on screen.>:(

It would be interesting to see why that couple are using a straw to eat Maltesers and I just wonder what their hands are doing:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    Exactly, they are all annoying, probably because they are made by advertising agencies that intend them for a viewing audience of backward 4 year old children.

Sensible adverts I can tolerate but few are. They have adults singing silly turgid songs or doing stupid things and wonder why people cannot wait to switch them off at the first opportunity.

If I were an advertiser I would be embarrassed to put this junk on screen.>:(

It would be interesting to see why that couple are using a straw to eat Maltesers and I just wonder what their hands are doing:confused:

Well, that's the great Unsaid, isn't it??? IMO that explains the silly noises she's making :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The dreadful Juan Sheet! "Strong as bull" - but at least he seems to have stopped saying "Have you got Plenty wet?"

EUWWWWWWWW
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dreadful Juan Sheet! "Strong as bull" - but at least he seems to have stopped saying "Have you got Plenty wet?"

EUWWWWWWWW

The possibly kept that til after 9pm (or just before) :blush::o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    don't know if its been said already but the awful lenor advert with an annoying American woman screeching down the camera as she throws balls of whatever it is into the washing machine

Is that woman an actual "celebrity" or supposed to be pretending to be a "celebrity" :confused: I don't *really* care either way I'm just curious.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or has that Sunlife advert with Parkinson been around for years now? They've cut bits out and super-imposed more modern gifts on the ad, but it's still the same thing. Are they going to keep using it until he's dead?!
This discussion has been closed.