Options

Statement from Cannel 5 re BB final voting

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Helen get a formal warning about Jale? That would make 3 warnings.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newgirl55 wrote: »
    So all of a sudden she happened to get 11000 votes in a hour? Really...?

You calling an independent auditor a liar?
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    yogacats wrote: »
    No, that can't be right, because there were six (?) in that final. People not wanting Ashleigh to win could have voted for any of the other five ....

But probably waited until it was one on one.

It wouldn't have mad sense to vote for Pav or Ash as they hadn't a hope in Hell of beating Ashleigh.
  • Options
    will_dearbornwill_dearborn Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris & Christopher both sitting alongside Ashleigh - her friends - their votes apparently 'jumped' on to Helen in droves and swung it...

Especially Christopher, who was second favourite, and Irish, the Irish voted Helen instead of Ashleigh, heehee - must've been her charming disposition, ummmm! :(

Are we seriously meant to believe this, huge turn around in votes, this wasn't BB viewers voting and that's the problem.

Why have a show if it is open to abuse, by who?

:D:D
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »
    I knew Pauline didn't know that she was giving Helen a pass to the final....but then had she chosen someone else to get the reward...would it have been a pass to the final? Probably not ;-)

Really? Watch this

"Pauline has decided you should be given a pass to the final"

The reward she chose was Mark winning 5k.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou Erin for posting this, good to see the exact margins between the hms, was a huge swing towards Helen during the live final, thats when she won.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    And nothing of one week taking the vote away from us when someone they didn't want to lose just then would have gone.

Maybe the Channel 5 supporters would like to comment on that as sure as hell Channel 5 haven't and won't.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »
    I knew Pauline didn't know that she was giving Helen a pass to the final....but then had she chosen someone else to get the reward...would it have been a pass to the final? Probably not ;-)[/QUOTE

Its getting boring now... It was fair
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    what the hell do channel 5 have to gain from Helen winning other than a headache from idiotic fans behaving like children who havent got their own way?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    Really? Watch this

"Pauline has decided you should be given a pass to the final"

The reward she chose was Mark winning 5k.

And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41wXt8eGQRQ
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    i am more shocked by the amount of votes channel 5 get :o i thought the actual number of people voting was meant to be ridiculously low
    They are low compared to the past for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubbish... We the viewer knew what the award was, she did not... So impossible to back date like you really really want to continue to believe

Get over it
    It was fair
    And the failing was your ability to remember or comprehend what you saw

That is the sad truth... How many people have labelled themselves as lacking

Again, you are wrong. Watch this

"Pauline, who do you wish to grant this pass to to the final to?"
  • Options
    WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's so much wrong with that explanation I don't know where to start.

1. It fails to address the underlying issue of severe bias in editing and production process of the entire series.

2. The numbers don't add up.

3. Pauline knew who she was giving the pass to, she didn't know what the punishments and rewards were for Mark and Matthew.

4. The fact Ashleigh was ahead by a load up until the final vote where some how Helen made up the vote difference just to draw even and then continue to keep up with Ashleigh and surpassing her.

5. Where is the justification for keeping Helen in after so many warnings by formal and informal? One Housemate made a racist mark once and was immediately kicked out, Daley made an aggressive act and was kicked out, Helen make religious insults and physical insults and moves numerous times and she stayed in.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "13. In Helen’s case, the broadcasts twice showed her being reprimanded by Big Brother for her conduct (in relation to Danielle and Matthew). There were a number of further informal interventions with Helen about her conduct and during the course of the material broadcast Helen herself made reference to some of these, although these informal interventions were not themselves included in any broadcast. Informal interventions with other housemates, similarly, were not included in the material broadcast."

Im confused? BBOTS sho aired her being warned about her verbalised threat to smash in Ashleighs face,this is way after Matt and Dan left?? Was that just an intervention?

Dont aired stuff on BBOTS count? Dosent the fact it was aired mean by thier own words that it was formal?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Scrovegni wrote: »
    Which scenario was edited to inaccurately reflect the status of the house?

Helen being the only one of the final few to have been privvy to Diary room conversation and yet the final Power HM gave her it again - reinforcing a perceived notion this time that she had changed. The reintroduction of the HMs - caused a 180° change in direction obviously linked.

Helen's road to change and the countless unscreened interventions from BB

The sudden change in BOTS opinions days before the final appearing completely contrived.

The voting numbers of Helen being 100k, yet she had more than 131k more votes than Pav...

I feel that there is something wrong, but acknwoledge that it could simply be a perception and not even BB's fault. I feel that trust has been lost and OFCOM could either confirm our fears or vindicate BB.

Surely this is a win/win situation for Big Brother as it itself says, it is above board.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sy_clops1 wrote: »
    Helen being the only one of the final few to have been privvy to Diary room conversation and yet the final Power HM gave her it again - reinforcing a perceived notion this time that she had changed.

You may be talking about something different and if so I apologise.but no they didn't. Big Brother chose her to be fake evicted, it had nothing to do with the power HM.
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    kimotag wrote: »
    Wow, interesting reading. So Helen only overtook Ashleigh during the final. Wonder where all those votes came from?

Christopher fans?
  • Options
    will_dearbornwill_dearborn Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And in the Final Week when she was behind and long odds to win, she was 'selected' to be one of the HMs to be fake evicted - and her odds tumble immediately from 33/1 to about 7/1....hmmmm! :eek:

There were two Power HMs that week, why didn't they pick one HM each to go...:confused:

Why did BB feel the need to say the 'public' evicted' Helen.

So then it was like a road to redemption.

She was sat downstairs, gleaning info on the other HMs - at every stage of the process she was given an advantage, and was never in any danger of an eviction.

Most abject HM, who never tried at all because of her comfort blanket, but yet the WINNER!! :)

Happy Days!! :):D:p

:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    I'd like to think that would put a stop to all the nonsense but know it won't make one bit of difference.

One would hope so.

But the fact that they got the first two lot of vote counts the wrong way round in the terms of time frames will only make matters worse I feel.

And the paranoia ups another notch.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    So what happened during the final that suddenly made Helen win? The only highlights we got were the goodbye speeches and Ashleigh's was better...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DryIce wrote: »
    One would hope so.

But the fact that they got the first two lot of vote counts the wrong way round in the terms of time frames will only make matters worse I feel.

And the paranoia ups another notch.

That plus the fact that they downright lied about Pauline not knowing she was giving Helen a pass to the final...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warp wrote: »
    There's so much wrong with that explanation I don't know where to start.

1. It fails to address the underlying issue of severe bias in editing and production process of the entire series.

2. The numbers don't add up.

3. Pauline knew who she was giving the pass to, she didn't know what the punishments and rewards were for Mark and Matthew.

4. The fact Ashleigh was ahead by a load up until the final vote where some how Helen made up the vote difference just to draw even and then continue to keep up with Ashleigh and surpassing her.

5. Where is the justification for keeping Helen in after so many warnings by formal and informal? One Housemate made a racist mark once and was immediately kicked out, Daley made an aggressive act and was kicked out, Helen make religious insults and physical insults and moves numerous times and she stayed in.

If you think it's a fix the answer is simple, don't watch it.

I ceased watching Xfactor and Britains got talent as I felt the judges manipulated the ones they wanted to win, and I'd felt it for a couple of series.

The last time I watched it, I felt who was highly talented, but I knew who Simon wanted promoting, I said if that person was to go through over the person who had the real talent, that I would not watch it any more, it did happen, so I no longer watch it.

I have never felt I'm missing out on anything, as I why would I miss something that was fixed?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    just saw this on twitter

That statement is a poor attempt to conceal the lie

facts are they put helen in there she did not apply
    no way on gods earth are the votes real. only a gullible hobbit would even consider it
    she should of and would of been chucked out of that house many times over her anticts but bb wanted her in and wanted her to win. everything was done to see it happen that is the biggest fact of all and cannot be denied.
    the fact they showed 2 warnings out of how many 20? just shows the level of their manipulation.

hopefully it will be investigated properly every minute part and the truth revealed.
    the public have been conned. and some dont even realize it or refuse to believe it. when the facts are all there.
    if it barks like a dog its not a chcken:)
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know they really can't read can they.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe they're signed to Richard Desmond's imaginary talent agency as well? :D