Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I much prefer Wimpy, branches are still available in Teddington and Twickenham.
    It's odd that the resident burger muncher of LBC hasn't noticed his local branch.

He does occasionally reminisce about how he used to enjoy a pork Bender. ;-)
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, you do have a way with words, Matron! ;-)
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member

Wimpy.
    Greenwich High St.
    Large Bender

A must on payday.

Added too was the delight of saying 'Large bender please' out loud, raising some childish 1970's hilarity. They were simpler times.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hosken talking about TEE-CHAAS. Funny how her speech is such a mix of faux-posh and common-as-muck.
  • Options
    dfisher1dfisher1 Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    Hosken talking about TEE-CHAAS. Funny how her speech is such a mix of faux-posh and common-as-muck.

Has she mentioned about being a war correspondent yet? Either that or she likes to regularly remind us about her hardship (single mother, young kid, unemployed at one point etc).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An excellent show from Iain Dale. He increasingly explores as many sides as possible of the issues without being partisan or egotistical. Bravo!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Hi all, the other night (maybe more than a week ago) I heard Cristo say he had an announcement about his future at LBC. I feel asleep and did not hear it. Can anyone fill me in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dfisher1 wrote: »
    Has she mentioned about being a war correspondent yet? Either that or she likes to regularly remind us about her hardship (single mother, young kid, unemployed at one point etc).

Probably she did, but I didn't hear because I switched her off. She's not a good listen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jifster wrote: »
    Hi all, the other night (maybe more than a week ago) I heard Cristo say he had an announcement about his future at LBC. I feel asleep and did not hear it. Can anyone fill me in?
    I asked almost the same question. I think the answer was that he can continue broadcasting in his slot at LBC. No comment!
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member

He will be there until Sept 2015, as he had his contract renewed,
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    He said this morning that apart from the ISIS/IS (or whatever we're calling it today) issue it is a very "light" news day.

Nick F has a funny idea of "light" news. By the time I'd heard of callers struggles with alcohol, (doom and gloom) I could have done with a tipple myself.
    Anyone for a quaff of Grey Goose? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good lord, LBC are still talking about terrorists. Like a long playing record I think the stylus must have got stuck in the groove.
  • Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the updates VQ

oic so a closet chatter upper - That Mr Bull is a dark horse

Hope the missus wasnt listening !

Do we know if there is one these days?
  • Options
    Forum Member

He says so very little of his personal life, quite prudent of him.

I would like to know if he still has his pusscat, Gremlin? (Sorry if this sounds incidental.)
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    makeba72 wrote: »
    He will be there until Sept 2015, as he had his contract renewed,

Unless the rajars go down too far in which case Global will sack him unceremoniously.

This contract extension thing is a load of old toot.
  • Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    He says so very little of his personal life, quite prudent of him.

I would like to know if he still has his pusscat, Gremlin? (Sorry if this sounds incidental.)

I agree, I don't like presenters rambling on endlessly about their personal life. But I think the odd mention now and again, without giving too much away, makes them seem more normal and human.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's what I've been wondering.
    We never did get to hear the reason for his absence. I assumed it was a health scare but it could just as well have been 'a domestic problem'
    If he wants to keep his life private, good luck to him.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good lord, LBC are still talking about terrorists. Like a long playing record I think the stylus must have got stuck in the groove.

Because it pushes the buttons of mouth-breathers. It gets them all het up with outrage, without knowing what they are getting outraged about
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Unless the rajars go down too far in which case Global will sack him unceremoniously.

This contract extension thing is a load of old toot.

Playing devil's advocate, I don't see how LBC can walk out on a signed contractual agreement with their respective presenters. The ramifications would leave them in a position of being sued surely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the information guys. It's good to hear he is not going anywhere soon.
  • Options
    radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing devil's advocate, I don't see how LBC can walk out on a signed contractual agreement with their respective presenters. The ramifications would leave them in a position of being sued surely?

They will have get out clauses for both sides, or of course global could pull him off air tomorrow but still pay him till the contract end date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the information guys. It's good to hear he is not going anywhere soon.

I like Cristo when he's not being mawkish and taking on the Agony Aunt mode. He has a warmth which escapes other presenters on the whole. He shouldn't be ignored, imho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell is Nick Abbot on and can I have some?
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just watching News At Ten and Ian Payne popped up as their Sports Correspondent. I take it he's now left LBC?
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just watching News At Ten and Ian Payne popped up as their Sports Correspondent. I take it he's now left LBC?

He's doing Scores on LBC tomorrow and sitting in for Iain Dale on Monday.
This discussion has been closed.