Options

Creepy stares. Have you ever been stared at?

Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just anywhere, in middle of the supermarket to your local town centre.

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm usually the one doing the staring :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm usually the one doing the staring :p

I ask, as I was being proper stared at by this woman (with a pram) and it was so obvious. Her Face was just practically up against mine. It was uncomfortable.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No! When I stand outside their bedroom window looking in, it's too bright inside for them to see me. And I have night vision goggles.
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    I ask, as I was being proper stared at by this woman (with a pram) and it was so obvious. Her Face was just practically up against mine. It was uncomfortable.

I sympathise, I always seem to catch people staring at me (especially on the train of all places :confused:) but that is crazy when it is as close as you say

I have also been looked up and down quite obviously by one woman when on the train platform (why is it always train related?). It made me feel horrible and paranoid

>:(
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stare at folk and folk stare at me, I've long since thought it was an unimportant human trait, it's part of life isn't it ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sympathise, I always seem to catch people staring at me (especially on the train of all places :confused:) but that is crazy when it is as close as you say

I have also been looked up and down quite obviously by one woman when on the train platform (why is it always train related?). It made me feel horrible and paranoid

>:(

I was in Tesco and nicely getting some bagels and this woman for some reasons stared. I was a bit ok wtf what do I do now, how do I react.

It is not like it is a one off. I was once stopped in a middle of debenhams, someone stared at me for a good 10 minutes before approaching me and asking me where I was from.

It was too weird.
  • Options
    John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was getting stared at in the supermarket, so I thought I had better put my clothes back on...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John146 wrote: »
    I was getting stared at in the supermarket, so I thought I had better put my clothes back on...:D

Haha. This reminds me of this occasion in Liverpool and I was in the changing rooms and was not naked but was just stared at by this old woman (old enough to be my great gran).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Not being big headed but I have been stared at since I was a young girl (14ish),doesn't bother me now I just smile and enjoy whilst it lasts.Im a starer though,not intentionally but I stare at other women,seeing if theyre pretty,what theyre wearing.Not in a judging way, just being nosey.I take everything in from the colour of their eyes to the make of shoes.But OH sometimes nudges me and says stop staring.Staring at someone for 10minutes is excessive though:o
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not being big headed but I have been stared at since I was a young girl (14ish),doesn't bother me now I just smile and enjoy whilst it lasts.Im a starer though,not intentionally but I stare at other women,seeing if theyre pretty,what theyre wearing.Not in a judging way, just being nosey.I take everything in from the colour of their eyes to the make of shoes.But OH sometimes nudges me and says stop staring.Staring at someone for 10minutes is excessive though:o

I take it you're fitter than your FM name suggests then? :D If you really were Blanche, people would be staring alright, seeing as she's been dead for years!! ^_^
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Several times I just stare back and they usually stop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I take it you're fitter than your FM name suggests then? :D If you really were Blanche, people would be staring alright, seeing as she's been dead for years!! ^_^

Yes I am (slightly) fitter than dear old Blanche:D.I named myself after her as shes my hero and who I aspire to be like in my old age;-):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in a shop and will get customers who just stand and stare. If they do that I won't say a thing and carry on doing what I'm doing. If they act like a human being (e.g. 'excuse me, I wonder if you could help me?') then they're more likely to get a positive response from me. Otherwise, they can f**king stand there all day as far as I'm concerned! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am (slightly) fitter than dear old Blanche:D.I named myself after her as shes my hero and who I aspire to be like in my old age;-):D

Do you have a son-in-law who you call 'Kenneth'? :D
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you know they're staring because your pretty though? (I'm assuming from 'not being big-headed' :blush:) I tend to imagine people staring at me for the opposite- I'm not pretty really, not a looker at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several times I just stare back and they usually stop.

Good on you. :)

btw loving how the Corrie usernames are out in force tonight! :cool:
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get stared at like that every single day...just try walking into a shop carrying a black motorcycle helmet!

Makes you feel you should be carrying another one for your SECOND head...
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Occasionally. I can't abide being stared at. Really freaks me out.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Not sure about creepy stares but i do have creaky stairs.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a whole load of celebrities just stare at me the other day. Then I realised - I work at Madame Tussauds!
    Do I win £5?
  • Options
    Duffman2000Duffman2000 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frequently, by my mum and my brother! :(
  • Options
    FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy keeps staring at me at work and I took his picture just in-case something bad happens.
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/02/article-2408778-1B94B96A000005DC-365_634x422.jpg
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to avoid eye contact for the most part, so perhaps but I may not be aware of it :)
  • Options
    Duffman2000Duffman2000 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a whole load of celebrities just stare at me the other day. Then I realised - I work at Madame Tussauds!
    Do I win £5?
    You get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good day sir!
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    As looking at someone becoming a stare varies in interpretation for everyone, it can't really be defined.