Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    By who? That link don't work for me
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Officialroyston
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Omy I hope she does it tbh
    (Altho I'll have to call her out if she doesn't mention ALS or the donate link :D)
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Well this Bodyguard audio is so great! I mean.. I can only imagine how amazing does it sounds and looks live, but this is great option for those who can't watch it in London!
    Thanks for posting this one :) I hope that we'll get video too!
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Well this Bodyguard audio is so great! I mean.. I can only imagine how amazing does it sounds and looks live, but this is great option for those who can't watch it in London!
    Thanks for posting this one :) I hope that we'll get video too!

She was phenomenal! The video doesn't do her justice when she really goes for the notes. Even though she was ill, she still hit all the big ones amazingly well. IWALY was perfect. I loved how she went from power to a whisper too, it really showed how good her voice was. And she's lovely in person too! She said I give good hugs lmao! :D

And also, the thing about the Nicki character being better vocally than Rachel is rubbish. I get her character is meant to be understated, but it was pretty obvious who had the bigger voice. But Alex SANG last night, she so deserves the praise! Everyone was saying how well she can sing.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried at Alex singing IWALY. That recorded show was so good! Glad the audio wasn't terrible! :D

The 'professional' footage doesn't do it justice... the emotion in her live performance is just beautiful, and the way she sings the start and the end is just <3<3<3 I'm really sad I never got to make it to the show now :( I was planning on going but I couldn't get time off work, let alone the money to get down to London. :(

Her voice sounds a LOT more powerful than it has done in the past too, so I'm thinking vocally this has definitely been beneficial for her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scott Mills nominated Alex for ice bucket challenge also lol
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    Scott Mills nominated Alex for ice bucket challenge also lol

She must have had conversations with him recently... Single? 👀
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »

I doubt it. He also nominated Same Difference.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Alex isn't going to do it before she finished the musical I think if she does it at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »

That is an odd nomination. She should do it though, a good cause and it's a trend too (as sad as it sounds). I do hope she does it soon and not like in October LMFAO. After the show ends would be good, so her screaming won't affect any performing.

Her voice has most definitely improved from the start of this show too. She was literally like Whitney reincarnated the night I saw her, so good. It's done her wonders. But then again, singing Whitney for 3 months would do one of two things: improve a good singer's voice (if done well) or weaken it (if done badly or they weren't strong enough).

I just hope she comes out sanging like that all the time, she's got it in her now. It wouldn't surprise me if she's got (out of the UK females) the most powerful voice now. She was just a pure powerhouse all night long.
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yas the long ponytail is back in time for the new era!!
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Alex is enjoying her birthday, but she better be ready to get back to business once The Bodyguard ends. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Hope Alex is enjoying her birthday, but she better be ready to get back to business once The Bodyguard ends. :)

Agreed. Time is moving on, and she's now 26. Moves need to be made. She can relax after the show ends while planning her next moves/putting them into action.
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex is fine Kevin liles flying in for her birthday she is their baby on the management team they are fully ready for a new plan after bodyguard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just cos kevin flew in doesn't mean shes fine... he ain't done much for estelle tbh, i'll wait and see but just can't see alex happening again, she don't even seem determined to break the US as a singer even tho she could potentially slay if she worked her ass off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really annoying seeing Rita doing good in the US and Jessie J too. Jessie stated she is going to America because they respect her as a singer there, why can't Alex do the same??? She needs to forget the UK god knows how many times we've said it.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really annoying seeing Rita doing good in the US and Jessie J too. Jessie stated she is going to America because they respect her as a singer there, why can't Alex do the same??? She needs to forget the UK god knows how many times we've said it.
    Rita is not doing good, don't let the media fool you. Her last album never made it out there and all the singles flopped. And since she pissed off Calvin Harris, her latest single will flop there too.

Jessie J is not fooling anyone either. Her last album also never came out there, she's only had a couple of songs do well in America but at least she's got a platform to do something.

Alex would have a clean slate in America but at the end of the day, it's up to her whether she wants to make it happen. If she does, she hasn't got that long left to make it all work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Rita is not doing good, don't let the media fool you. Her last album never made it out there and all the singles flopped. And since she pissed off Calvin Harris, her latest single will flop there too.

Jessie J is not fooling anyone either. Her last album also never came out there, she's only had a couple of songs do well in America but at least she's got a platform to do something.

Alex would have a clean slate in America but at the end of the day, it's up to her whether she wants to make it happen. If she does, she hasn't got that long left to make it all work.

True about Rita, but Jessie's got a bonafide HIT on her hands, she's got more attention than ever and just sang at the VMAs. Alex can do it too, but she needs to really pull her performer out. I personally think she's not that bothered anymore. Which is fair. It's sad though, she's got the skills to be able to win big like Beyonce did last night in about a decade and a half.

Estelle went on her own path though, and tbh, it relies on the act to make an impact. Estelle did not come up with the music (as in hits wise). Alex is heading down the same path sadly. I need her to come up!
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, don't be fooled by Rita and Jessie. Rita isn't doing that well...god knows how many people she's had to shag to get the amount of publcity she gets. She's at every single event possible and she's all over tv etc. Which is all good, but musically nothign at all has come of her and all her singles have flopped over there. Jessie J is living in a dream world...the U.S don't appreciate her voice, they juist don't disliek ehr over there like they do over here. They're actually not bothered by her either way. They don't care for her and that won't change as she's just not that likeable. Also, she doesn't stand out as much as she thinks she does. At the VMA's the other night, both Ariana and Nicki outshone her. She's not likeable either. Both Rita and Jessie J have good publicity machines behind them, but that's only going to take you so far if your output is rubbish...and there's is. Jessie especially just stinks of desperation with her having Ariana and Nicki on her track.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    well rita isn't doing much. but you can't downplay what jessie is doing.
    she realised the last era was not great, got new management and pressed forward with a new era and has had a great roll out thus far aligning herself with nicki and ariana. these are all things alex can or has done in part. she has new management, a new label and an epic single and roll out plan is needed.... don't down play either of them cos you don't like them. i mean i dislike rita immensely but she is doing something right with the kind of visibility she is getting stateside.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still massive that Jessie has got Ari and Nicki on her track... Don't put other artists down because if Alex had that chance you'd be all crying but Alex won't lol

Jessie got a smash on her hands whether its doing well in US cos of Nicki and Ari, she's still on board and its a fabulous opportunity for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mary J went to see the show last night, thats fab!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    Still massive that Jessie has got Ari and Nicki on her track... Don't put other artists down because if Alex had that chance you'd be all crying but Alex won't lol

Jessie got a smash on her hands whether its doing well in US cos of Nicki and Ari, she's still on board and its a fabulous opportunity for her.

snap 2x sis. i pray she gets her time though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Rita I just meant Black Widow and her attending all the US events, at least she's out there. I've never liked jessie but to be honest it's nice to see her doing well over there, at least she has actually pushed for it, Alex is all talk - but has nothing to show for it stateside.