Options

Is 36 too old for sportswear?

2»

Comments

• Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I would never wear trackie bottoms because for me personally I feel like a slob in them unless I am doing sport, same goes for trainers.

Clothes are a personal thing though and you wear what you feel comfortable in. I would be so self-conscious if I went about my day to day life in trackie bottoms or sportswear because as my husband told me "that's not who I am".
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Jeans are far too heavy, stiff and not very cuddly. I do have a denim skirt, the dogs hate it, when I wear my soft cuddly trackies they love snuggling on my lap. Easy to wash and dry and in this weather far easier to deal with than heavy denim.

Aww.... molliepops, you cant have been inspecting jeans lately!....... they are a world apart from the heavy stiff ones of yesteryear that you are talking about!...... I don't know about mens jeans but womens jeans are wonderfully soft, they sit round your waist so comfortably, I have bought myself about 6 pairs in the last 2/3 months I wear them all the time when I am not in my work clothes!........ Give them a try!, you might be pleasantly surprised...... :)
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    Aww.... molliepops, you cant have been inspecting jeans lately!....... they are a world apart from the heavy stiff ones of yesteryear that you are talking about!...... I don't know about mens jeans but womens jeans are wonderfully soft, they sit round your waist so comfortably, I have bought myself about 6 pairs in the last 2/3 months I wear them all the time when I am not in my work clothes!........ Give them a try!, you might be pleasantly surprised...... :)

I would need a waist for them to sit around, the only ones I see in my size are horrendously heavy certainly not comfy as my trackies for walking the dogs, was soaked yesterday and again today, trackies dry lovely and soft.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cultureman wrote: »
    Do think labels targeted at the young being worn by the far-from-young can be a bit sad.

Saw someone recently who must have been 55 if he was a day, and quite possibly the wrong side of 60, wearing a highly emblemised Jack Wills top. It and he just looked wrong.
    My favourite is to see a man over 50 wearing a velour bomber jacket with a naff image of a tiger face or an American eagle covering the entire back of it. They always seem to come from one of the nearby small villages. :D
  • Options
    scottlscottl Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sports kit is OK on anyone - as long as you buy descent quality

it's the cheap stuff that looks bad - but teenagers would get away with.

Rugby shirts always look good.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scottl wrote: »
    sports kit is OK on anyone - as long as you buy descent quality

it's the cheap stuff that looks bad - but teenagers would get away with.

Lonsdale.

Just no! :D
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    My favourite is to see a man over 50 wearing a velour bomber jacket with a naff image of a tiger face or an American eagle covering the entire back of it. They always seem to come from one of the nearby small villages. :D

Worn with a pair of leather trousers and roller skates, and hey presto!! You are a certain pop star who is 'Wired for Sound' :D:D
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Worn with a pair of leather trousers and roller skates, and hey presto!! You are a certain pop star who is 'Wired for Sound' :D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V57eqtN2K7E
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member

:o:o:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lonsdale.

Just no! :D

Lol don't start me and Gd off again:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love sportswear on men,My OH only ever wears it and so did my Dad.When Rockport were all the rage he had a snide pair called Rocksport,bless him.He liked to look good but wouldn't pay top dollar for anything:D
  • Options
    bertiesmallsbertiesmalls Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    As long as you don't look like Jimmy Saville I'm sure you'll look fine....
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love sportswear on men,My OH only ever wears it and so did my Dad.When Rockport were all the rage he had a snide pair called Rocksport,bless him.He liked to look good but wouldn't pay top dollar for anything:D

Rocksport... Oh Blanche no....

That's a bit like le shark t shirts or snide 80s kickers..searchers
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I'm 42 and at home I'm in PJs or joggies and a band hoodie but I can't bring myself to go out in joggies. Jeans on before I cross the doorway! Straight off when I come home, they're just not comfy for lounging or doing housework.

That's a personal thing though, I don't care what anyone else is wearing. Just wear whatever you're comfiest in.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I never ever wear trainers. I don't,t do sport so don't need them. There is nothing worse than a smartly dressed woman dressed in dark clothing finished off with a pair of white Nike trainers. Lightweight canvas shoes in a clothes matching colour look good. White trainers, never.
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, plus one would need a very large early 80s Walkman.
    As long as you don't look like Jimmy Saville I'm sure you'll look fine....

Now then now then!
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    I would need a waist for them to sit around, the only ones I see in my size are horrendously heavy certainly not comfy as my trackies for walking the dogs, was soaked yesterday and again today, trackies dry lovely and soft.
    I'm a fan of jeggings - best of both worlds.
    Can't believe someone in their 30s is asking if they are too old. But can someone please have a work with my neighbour? He is 64 and goes running in these skimpy running shorts (budgie smugglers come to mind). He is in quite good shape but it just looks so wrong.... :confused:
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wear whatever you feel comfortable in OP, my dad is 66 and he likes to wear track bottoms and hoodies.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever you feel comfortable in.

Though I would avoid grey cotton trackies, they don't look good on anyone.