Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,915
    Forum Member
    Pixie Lott just announced for Strictly, its shaping up to be a very good (and competitive) line up imo now :)
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,044
    Forum Member
    Anybody got Rinder's figures for yesterday?
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    @Sam_Hodges: Launch show for this year's #StrictlyComeDancing confirmed for Sunday, September 7th at 8pm on @BBCOne

Interesting. I suppose going against X Factor is better than against Corrie (not sure if Corrie has been confirmed), given its audience is older.

Worried it will act as fuel to tabloids looking for "post-Brucie declines" though when it inevitably returns down on last year.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Sam_Hodges: Launch show for this year's #StrictlyComeDancing confirmed for Sunday, September 7th at 8pm on @BBCOne

Interesting. I suppose going against X Factor is better than against Corrie (not sure if Corrie has been confirmed), given its audience is older.

Worried it will act as fuel to tabloids looking for "post-Brucie declines" though when it inevitably returns down on last year.

Mmm...depending on how strong/weak XF is, Strictly could either be in for a good rating or poor one.

Charlotte Moore has obviously been talking to Samuel.
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    What stupid scheduling! What was wrong with Saturday? Another marvellous decision by the BBC.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    What stupid scheduling! What was wrong with Saturday? Another marvellous decision by the BBC.

They're obviously going to be taking on The X Factor full on. Would be amusing if it backfired on them.

Since they have Countryfile at 8pm this week, they could have put Strictly at 7pm where Animal Orphans finishes this week. Its obviously to dent TXF.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely putting Strictly in that slot is asking for trouble? The launch show doesn't normally do as well as the main show so it'll most likely be beaten by X Factor which will get the tabloids going. It was down for 6.45pm in the provisional schedules so not sure why they've changed it as it'd probably be better against Corrie than X Factor.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Fitting Tumble, Strictly and Doctor Who in on Saturday would have been difficult, especially since they might not want to risk DW being too late after it's underwhelming launch. Making Sunday the better option and airing against X Factor is preferable to older-skewing Corrie.

It makes sense to me, but then I'm not constantly looking for sticks to beat the BBC with. ;)
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,915
    Forum Member
    Fitting Tumble, Strictly and Doctor Who in on Saturday would have been difficult, especially since they might not want to risk DW being too late after it's underwhelming launch. Making Sunday the better option and airing against X Factor is preferable to older-skewing Corrie.

It makes sense to me, but then I'm not constantly looking for sticks to beat the BBC with. ;)

Exactly this, the Saturday Schedule was doable but Strictly is big enough to stand on its own two feet, and I think last year in the clashes it showed Strictly doesn't have huge crossover with XF yet Corrie does so it makes sense to me too. It's a very bold move by the beeb though, maybe they can sense this is the time to tackle X Factor, as they don't seem to be scheduling around it which is how it should be. Put a programme on and see if people watch, it shouldn't matter what's on the other side really.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like The Village is pushed back to 9.15pm that night to accommodate Strictly. I don't think ITV have finalized their schedule yet so not sure what they will do. I don't see much point in them changing much though.
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest time-shift figures for Doctor Who: Deep Breath from The Doctor Who Ratings Thread courtesy of Yog101
    Yog101 wrote: »
    Ratings update:

Live + VOSDAL: 6.795m
    + Day 1: 7.891m
    + Day 2: 8.438m
    + Day 3: 8.619m

Growth already slowing down massively. 9m still looks attainable though.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

I think you have hit the nail on the head with that last sentence. ;-)
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member

Haha I'm not knocking the BBC, I can't wait for Strictly to come back. It's the highlight of my autumn! Just really strange scheduling, but hey ho. Can't they just axe Tumble? ;)
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The DW episode on 6th Sept, Robots of Sherwood, is probably the least serious episode of the entire post 2005 run. It's silly broad comedy throughout- this is not necessarily a criticism of it, but that's what it is. 8-9pm would be too late for it.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I can see X Factor winning considering I don't think the Strictly launch show does as well as the rest of the series. If that does happen it will just give the media ammunition.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this is really ITV's own fault for putting Coronation Street on a Sunday just to dent Strictly now BBC are giving it back to them?
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    As we have said before no reason 2 dramas cant do well against each other.

Scott and Bailey held up well vs The Apprentice so should be OK, it had a time shift of around 1.6m last year so even if the overnight figure is down we know it can timeshift well.

Looking forward to both dramas although I imagine Our Zoo should be the winner with the much better lead in from GBBO.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Scott and Bailey held up well vs The Apprentice so should be OK, it had a time shift of around 1.6m last year so even if the overnight figure is down we know it can timeshift well.

Looking forward to both dramas although I imagine Our Zoo should be the winner with the much better lead in from GBBO.

I predict that whatever rating Our Zoo gets some will criticise it for losing some of the lead in audience.:)
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So this is really ITV's own fault for putting Coronation Street on a Sunday just to dent Strictly now BBC are giving it back to them?

Exactly. People she to keep on about BBC, but itv have clearly put Corri there to dent Strictly. Although considering how week Corri is at the moment I would have kept Strictly against it, but still this is just the BBC fighting back which is always nice to see. Itv do it enough time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been confirmed that Corrie will be on that Sunday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    I predict that whatever rating Our Zoo gets some will criticise it for losing some of the lead in audience.:)

No doubt, on the other hand if it does well we can just brush it off as the audience being too: stupid, old, lazy, brainwashed... (Delete as appropriate) :D
  • Options
    Ben_PainterBen_Painter Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know why next week's New Tricks is being shown at a separate time in Northern Ireland?
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Strictly 'launch show' has increased its ratings every year since they introduced it, and last year's gave an exceptionally (and unexpected) good performance that very nearly beat X Factor on overnights. So putting it straight up against X Factor isn't a decision entirely without merit.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,653
    Forum Member
    "Celebrity Squares" sacrificed to "The Great British Bake Off" by iTV the channel becoming more competitive as we head into September audiences.

"We try to avoid clashes but its important Strictly launches in primetime" ..the extra episode of "Coronation Street" ..." left us with very little room" says the BBC
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been confirmed that Corrie will be on that Sunday?

Yes and its on for an hour, I know they are missing Wednesday episode for football but what is the point of having it on for an hour should be a 30 minute ep, from 7;30-8
This discussion has been closed.